ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Strange experience - PEO appointment in Sheffield

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

psm32002
Newly Registered

Strange experience - PEO appointment in Sheffield

Post by psm32002 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:56 pm

i just wanted to share my experience re:PEO appointment in Sheffield. After trying for several weeks i finally got an appointment date on April 24th in Sheffield (got my bro-in-law to book from USA, given the timing difference around midnight UK time). Given the appointment time was 9am and this was an appointment for my 3 month old dependant son, i decided to go a day earlier so we can be on time for the appointment. on April 23rd i got a text saying " due to technical issues your biometric appointment is now cancelled. please re-book another day". i called the helpline and they said that all systems are down so they cannot confirm but to call back later in the afternoon. i called in the afternoon and they said that a WRONG message was sent out and that the appointments should be attended and there is no issue. So WEIRD - as if UKBA realised this problem - should they have not sent out another text saying the previous message was not correct n people should attend?

we went to sheffield for the appointment, none of the staff - the reception, the man behind the payment desk, the checker or the Bio metric conductor say anything about the system being down. only when the caseworker came out to discuss the application she mentioned that the BRP system is not working and there fore she cannot make a decision on the same day but hopes that it will be sorted soon.... although she was very nice and professional (she returned all my docs other than baby passport)- i think that UKBA are taking PREMIUM FEES and not really delivering it.... and we are quite helpless as there is nothing we can really do other than waiting.

the funny thing is on April 25th - one day after we have attended the appointment - i got a text from UKBA saying " we will be in touch to rebook the cancelled appointment shortly"..bottom line - do not trust the text messages you get from UKBA - they seem faulty.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:20 pm

Because their Biometric system is down more days than up, so it is hardly surprising for the UKBA staff to inform in the initial scrutiny of application!
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

kayramu
Newly Registered

Post by kayramu » Sun May 20, 2012 10:13 pm

Even I got the same text for my Sheffield PEO appointment just before hours of my appointment time.

brummie

Post by brummie » Mon May 21, 2012 9:53 am

Please make sure to complaint on the UKBA website. Somethings goto be done about this mess. Its the case of 'left hand does not know what the right is doin'