ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

if child is born in india for an irish couple can get irish

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

panmaha
Newly Registered

if child is born in india for an irish couple can get irish

Post by panmaha » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:37 pm

what will be the procedure to get irish passport for new born child if child born in india for irish passport holders of parents.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:48 pm

..apply on behalf of the child for an Irish passport at the nearest Irish embassy..
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Re: if child is born in india for an irish couple can get ir

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:56 pm

panmaha wrote:what will be the procedure to get irish passport for new born child if child born in india for irish passport holders of parents.
you mean naturalized parents?
peace on you

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:13 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
panmaha wrote:what will be the procedure to get irish passport for new born child if child born in india for irish passport holders of parents.
Doesn't make a difference.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:34 pm

you should visit irish embassy in delhi.your kid will get irish citizenship

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:43 am

Ben wrote:
IRISH PHAROE wrote:
It absolutely does make a huge difference. If the parents were naturalised and werent born in Ireland then the child that will be born in India is not automatically Irish, hence they cannot just wals into the Irish Embassy and apply for passport. Firstly the child will have to be put on the Foreign Birth Register and only then after that can they apply on behalf of the baby for citizenship.
One of the parents had to have been born in Ireland and be Irish at the time of the birth of the child for that child born outside Ireland, namely India to automatically be an Irish citizen.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:46 am

jhbmike wrote:
Ben wrote:
IRISH PHAROE wrote:
It absolutely does make a huge difference. If the parents were naturalised and werent born in Ireland then the child that will be born in India is not automatically Irish, hence they cannot just wals into the Irish Embassy and apply for passport. Firstly the child will have to be put on the Foreign Birth Register and only then after that can they apply on behalf of the baby for citizenship.
One of the parents had to have been born in Ireland and be Irish at the time of the birth of the child for that child born outside Ireland, namely India to automatically be an Irish citizen.
Yes, correct, the child would have to be listed on the Foreign Birth Register prior to application for a passport, but the child's right to Irish citizenship is not in question regardless of how the parents acquired their Irish nationality.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:42 pm

jhbmike wrote:
Parents to be born in Ireland OR Irish at the time of the birth of the child for that child to be Irish.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:06 pm

fatty patty wrote:
jhbmike wrote:
Parents to be born in Ireland OR Irish at the time of the birth of the child for that child to be Irish.
Technically no!!!
Because a person born in Ireland now is not automatically an Irish citizen since
the refererendum, which means and is correct. :D

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:38 pm

jhbmike wrote:
fatty patty wrote:
jhbmike wrote:
Technically no!!!
Because a person born in Ireland now is not automatically an Irish citizen since
How many seven year olds do you know who are procreating?

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:41 am

Ben wrote:
jhbmike wrote:
fatty patty wrote:
jhbmike wrote:

Technically no!!!

How many seven year olds do you know who are procreating?
None but saying that have never been to Waterford before(just joking).Lets be clear about the facts. I have just been through the process here in Spain. I am naturalised Irish, moved to spain, baby born here 7 months ago. Therefore I was Irish at the time of his birth but because I wasnt born in Ireland , my son had to go through FBR. If my son had of been born in Ireland then yes he wouldnt need to apply through the FBR and he would be Irish automatically.

Coming back to Bens statement, it might not be relevant now as im sure there are no 7 year olds procreating, but say in 15 years time this would be relevant.
Here is an example.
I have 2 sons. The first was born in Dublin but I wasnt Irish at the time so after I was naturalised he became naturalised. The second son born in Spain to Irish citizen and obtains citizenship through FBR.
When they grow up and have kids of ther own, their children will have to follow ver different processing as well. The naturalised son born in Ireland-if he has children outside of Ireland than they would still be automatically Irish.
The other son- born outside Ireland, his children if born outside Ireland would also have to apply to FBR.

:shock: :shock:

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:57 am

Ah now. It's widely known that the age of consent in Waterford is 13 and a half - and even that's only if you live in a caravan or on Ballybeg.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:20 am

Ben wrote:Ah now. It's widely known that the age of consent in Waterford is 13 and a half - and even that's only if you live in a caravan or on Ballybeg.
:D

seasayoub
BANNED

Post by seasayoub » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:34 pm

Having registered your child birth registration at Irish Embassy Abroad and the law also say's that, the parent must be an Irish passport holder at the time of birth of such child, what make's the child not qualify to join his/her parent in Ireland as an Irish Citizen ?

A child adopted by Irish Citizen but foreign child is automatically an Irish Citizen, I don't know why an Irish passport holder must be born in Ireland before there child born abroad will become Irish citizen, please don't fool yourself and allow department of foreign affair to twist such child automatic citizenship right after foreign birth registration as required by statute.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:02 pm

jhbmike wrote:[
I have 2 sons. The first was born in Dublin but I wasnt Irish at the time so after I was naturalised he became naturalised. The second son born in Spain to Irish citizen and obtains citizenship through FBR.
When they grow up and have kids of ther own, their children will have to follow ver different processing as well. The naturalised son born in Ireland-if he has children outside of Ireland than they would still be automatically Irish.
The other son- born outside Ireland, his children if born outside Ireland would also have to apply to FBR.
Interesting, and if your second son had been born in Spain after you had registered on FBR he would not have lost the chance to be able to register (as I understand matters).

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:15 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
jhbmike wrote:[
Interesting, and if your second son had been born in Spain after you had registered on FBR he would not have lost the chance to be able to register (as I understand matters).
Sorry maybe I was a little long winded. I am naturalised, not FBR. My youngest son born in Spain is FBR.and for example if his children are born outside Ireland they would not lose the chance to register with FBR. They would just need to keep the chain going.

But what you say is a fact. ....... It has happened to myself. My mother is Irish through FBR, but because she waited till she was 52 to register, I had lost my chance to register as she wasnt Irish at the time of my birth.