ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FCO British Embassy request on British passport applicant

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zackisback06

FCO British Embassy request on British passport applicant

Post by zackisback06 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:07 pm

I'm in the final stages of obtaining my first-time British passport through my father's bloodline but recently the British Embassy in Washington D.C. requested the following documents from my father

1)An official name change document/court order for name change from Abulu (as on his birth certificate) to Abulu-Joseph(as on your birth certificate)
2)US photo-ID’s: drivers licence, residency card, work authorisation card or non-UK passport
3)any previous British passports he held, if they were lost, dates and place of their issue
4)any family photos showing your father with you during a period of time beginning from your early childhood
5) school/college records, bills, tax returns, payslips, bank statements- whatever he thinks could be useful to confirm his identity over a period of time.

They also stated to me "You can send a photo-copy of documents for now, I will forward them to my supervisor who will make some necessary security checks,including checking the integrity of the documents supplied. If he will be satisfied, I will issue a passport, otherwise we probably will invite your father for identification interview to Embassy or nearest Consulate with original documents".

My question is if I send these documents how our the security checks conducted by the security officer/supervisor and what do they mean by "checking the integrity of documents"?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:37 pm

Where possible and when legal to do so, they will contact the source of the documents to know if they were indeed issued by that entity and in that format (the information on the document matches the information in the sources's files) . That's what they mean by checking the integrity.

zackisback06

Post by zackisback06 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:29 am

From my understanding all the documents that have & will be supplied to me by father will match the source & entity that issued them initially,with that being said will that prompt the supervisor to be satisified & avoid the hassle & skip the interview requirement?

zackisback06

Post by zackisback06 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:12 pm

Lucapooka can you answer my second question please?!?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:26 pm

It's not Lucapooka who handles your passport application but the UK authorities. Only they will decide if they are satisfied or not. In general, all first time passport applications need to attend an interview. This is for security reasons (prevent ID theft). There are exceptions but I would not count on that.

boloney

Post by boloney » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Jambo wrote:It's not Lucapooka who handles your passport application but the UK authorities. Only they will decide if they are satisfied or not. In general, all first time passport applications need to attend an interview. This is for security reasons (prevent ID theft). There are exceptions but I would not count on that.
He mentioned his fathers interview not his one.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:29 pm

Fair enough. Still, no one here can predict what the consulate will decide.

zackisback06

Post by zackisback06 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:00 pm

To Jambo & Baloney thanks for your thoughts I'm well aware of the fact that Lucpooka doesn't handle the passport application I just needed someone to answer my question & yes the interview if they called for one would be for my father I completed all my requirements thus far but it has been a struggle to get the requested documents from my father due to our strained relationship,with that in mind what if the consulated invities him to an interview but I can't get him to attend?What does consulates decide in situations of that nature?

zackisback06

Post by zackisback06 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:44 am

Any response to my previous post?? It's very important that I get feedback on that question