ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in Processing time for Tier 1 ext due to Olympics

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joshibrs
Newly Registered

Delay in Processing time for Tier 1 ext due to Olympics

Post by joshibrs » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:09 pm

Hi,
I am new to this board & it would be very helpful if I get suggestions from board members about my case. My Tier 1 is getting expired on July 15 2012. I have all the points required & the documents are ready. However, I am very concerned to apply by post due to the processing times. I came to know from many people that the visa processing times are getting delayed for more than 3 months due to the rush for Olympics. I have to travel to India on the first week of July due to personal reasons & I am very worried if the visa gets delayed. I am also unable to apply in person since the UKBA website is having technical problems. My question is If I write down my concerns in the covering letter & apply by post, will the immigration officer takes it into consideration & process my application by giving it as a priority? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ravi

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Delay in Processing time for Tier 1 ext due to Olympics

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:22 pm

joshibrs wrote:I came to know from many people that the visa processing times are getting delayed for more than 3 months due to the rush for Olympics.
I doubt this, but even if there are delays in some regions, it's not relevant to your situation. You are not applying for a visa at a British consulate based overseas; you are applying for leave to remain from inside the UK.

joshibrs
Newly Registered

Post by joshibrs » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:49 pm

Thanks for your reply. I am also very curious to know if they process my application in priority if I explain to them in a covering letter about my current situation and also provide a proof for that. I know it all depends on the visa officer's discretion. But still I want to know if any of the board members had got their visa processed faster within a month if they had explained about their situation.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:51 pm

joshibrs wrote:Thanks for your reply. I am also very curious to know if they process my application in priority if I explain to them in a covering letter about my current situation and also provide a proof for that. I know it all depends on the visa officer's discretion. But still I want to know if any of the board members had got their visa processed faster within a month if they had explained about their situation.
no way such a letter will expedite your visa processing. don't kid yourself.
your best bet is a peo appointment, try every night sharp at 0000 hours. slots are released 42 days in advance. technical problems don't occur daily

rac_beyondlimits
Newly Registered

Processing time

Post by rac_beyondlimits » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:56 pm

Hello joshibrs, just wanted to ask you if you got your Tier 1 General visa in time to go to India?

I applied for my Tier 1 General visa extension about 2 months ago and attended a Biometric 5 weeks ago. On the home office website it says that 75% of the applications will be processed within 4 weeks of attending Biometric. How long did it take for you ti get your visa?