ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aluter

Post by aluter » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:32 pm

songoku wrote:I applied on the 13th Feb (HO received on the 14th Feb).

So far I have not received the COA or any communication.

On the 10th april, I (we) phoned HO requesting my wife's passport as she needs to travel (for work planned since more than 6 months ago) by the end of april. On the 19th April we made as the passport never arrived, she was told that the request was not authorised. On the same day she requested by phone (and fax) the passport with a matter of urgency. Until, today this hasn't arrived yet.

Any feedback on this guys?

Btw, apparently the COA was issued (or posted) on the 12th April but I haven't received it yet. The have (apparently) posted again but I haven't received it yet.

Why everytime I phone (or my wife phones) they say very different things? Then we asked they get annoyed but I wouldn't ask if they actually be consistent with the information they give.

Cheers
Hey songoku, I applied around the same time as you and got my coa about 1.5months after. It is crazy how long they are taking to issue coa for February applicants. :( I can not give any more advice regarding what else to do about your passport tho.

Best of luck

aluter

Post by aluter » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:35 pm

Samelamin wrote:yeah me 2 im heading to malta, i already got my passport back but waiting for the visa

dont reall care if its on an a4 paper as my passport is expiring next year and itll be 10 years old so i have to get a new one anyways
Hello Samelamin, my passport expires next year as well, my problem with the A4 is that, what if it got torn or got missing etc.

Are we allowed to laminate it?

oh and when did u apply for your passport back? was it after 3months?

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:43 pm

you can try applying again with your new passport if you REALLY want the stamp but it takes another 6 months

when you passport expires just staple the a4 paper to your old passport and travel with it

thats what im going to do
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

zahirsona

Post by zahirsona » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:11 pm

i send them 2 time email about my application progress but the liverpool brance not give me any my email reply then i send the email to NWCSU they reply next day like this
You application is with the correct team and is going though our process, this process can take up to 6 months. Please contact us if the 6 months passes and we will be willing to take this up as a service complaint. if you need any further information please ring the European help desk on 08450105200.
i dont know why not the liverpool branch give me reply
EEA2 APPLICATION SEND 20-01-2012
UKBA RECEIVED 23-01-2012
COA RECEIVED 27-02-2012
PARTNER PASSPORT REQUEST :15-03-2012
RC????????????????????// STILL WAITING
Zkhan

CondorVilla
Newly Registered

Post by CondorVilla » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:13 am

CondorVilla wrote:I sent an email April 6th asking for our passports to be returned for emergency travel and I have received neither a reply nor our passports. I'm nervous because other people mentioned getting their passports very quickly...

Could it be that I requested it too soon? Or that my partner's visa expired beginning of April? (We married on 1 MAR 2012 so he is still legally allowed to be here)
So I called them on Tuesday and spoke to a lady who said the request had never been processed, despite 3 emails. She said my application was still waiting to be moved to the a team (after over a month!) and that she had no updates on my COA, etc. I may have misunderstood but I think she said something about there being a shift/moving in the office so it could explain some of the delay...

She said our passports should be here by Friday but if not, to call back. I'm really hoping they come tomorrow or Friday...will update as soon as I know anything...

jayven

Post by jayven » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:01 am

hi everyone ! any news from February ?

my timeline:
EEA1 & 2 sent : 02/FEB/12
HO received : 03/FEB/12
EEA1 : still no news???
COA : still no news??? :x

flashware

Post by flashware » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:05 am

When posting in your application do you include a recorded signed for return envelope, or have you all been using special delivery ?

isw_london
Newly Registered

Post by isw_london » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:39 am

Flashware- I used special delivery. Special delivery is guaranteed next day delivery, and I believe it has higher compensation rates in case of loss, damage etc.

My update is that my employer contacted UKBA on my behalf, was told that a decision has been made on my application and that I should be notified "shortly". That was 3 days ago though, and I haven't heard anything and I have been checking my Special Delivery tracking every hour like a crazy person, but the parcel hasn't been sent. If they have made a decision, I don't know why they can't just let me know and put me out of my misery! I am keeping my fingers crossed.

My timeline:
HO received application: 29 Feb
COA received: 30 March (dated 28 March)
RC: hopefully soon!!

jheibaby
Newly Registered

Post by jheibaby » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:19 am

zahirsona wrote:i send them 2 time email about my application progress but the liverpool brance not give me any my email reply then i send the email to NWCSU they reply next day like this
You application is with the correct team and is going though our process, this process can take up to 6 months. Please contact us if the 6 months passes and we will be willing to take this up as a service complaint. if you need any further information please ring the European help desk on 08450105200.
i dont know why not the liverpool branch give me reply
EEA2 APPLICATION SEND 20-01-2012
UKBA RECEIVED 23-01-2012
COA RECEIVED 27-02-2012
PARTNER PASSPORT REQUEST :15-03-2012
RC????????????????????// STILL WAITING
Hi, would you mind to give me the contact details/email for NWCSU? Thanks a lot.

flashware

Post by flashware » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:02 pm

isw_london wrote:Flashware- I used special delivery. Special delivery is guaranteed next day delivery, and I believe it has higher compensation rates in case of loss, damage etc.

My update is that my employer contacted UKBA on my behalf, was told that a decision has been made on my application and that I should be notified "shortly". That was 3 days ago though, and I haven't heard anything and I have been checking my Special Delivery tracking every hour like a crazy person, but the parcel hasn't been sent. If they have made a decision, I don't know why they can't just let me know and put me out of my misery! I am keeping my fingers crossed.

My timeline:
Perfect. I decided on special delivery anyway and it's been sent there using that, as well as the return envelope for coming back to me as SD.

aluter

Post by aluter » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:33 pm

isw_london wrote:Flashware- I used special delivery. Special delivery is guaranteed next day delivery, and I believe it has higher compensation rates in case of loss, damage etc.

My timeline:

Hiya isw_london, it is good to know that your wait is almost over :D. I rang them today about the fact that i need my RC to get my work hours increased and the lady called NANCY! did not even bother checking for an update but instead said that i need to wait for 6 months before any application update can be given!!!!

aluter

Post by aluter » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:36 pm

jayven wrote:hi everyone ! any news from February ?

my timeline:
Hiya Jayven, you have not even received your COA??? Have you tried getting in touch with them?

It is crazy!

flashware

Post by flashware » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:17 pm

aluter wrote:

my timeline:
Hiya Jayven, you have not even received your COA??? Have you tried getting in touch with them?

It is crazy!
That does sound odd. I wonder if appropriate ID was sent in with the application?
EEA2 Submitted: 26/04/12
Received by HO: 27/04/12
Passport requested: 8/5/12
Passport received: 17/5/12
COA received: 17/5/12
RC sent: 21/09/12

goodies

Post by goodies » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:24 pm

I sent email to HO this morning concerning the progress of my application and got a reply at this afternoon. And it reads:
Please be advice that progress report will not be given as this diverts resources from case working. Best regards Euro
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

With God all things are possible.

jayven

Post by jayven » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:20 pm

[quote="aluter"][quote="jayven"]hi everyone ! any news from February ?

my timeline:
COA : still no news??? :x[/quote]

It is crazy![/quote]

yes! my solicitor already sent them the second letter about my COA on 12/april/12 but never ever hear from them! what should i do now~?
should i send an email to them ? they shouldn't take so long for the COA right!

aluter

Post by aluter » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:36 pm

jayven wrote:
aluter wrote:

my timeline:

It is crazy!
yes! my solicitor already sent them the second letter about my COA on 12/april/12 but never ever hear from them! what should i do now~?
They used to take about 30days but as my timeline suggest, they took about 6weeks to issue mine. However, you have not gotten your coa for almost 3 months!!! come on!

I suggest you sending them an email, ringing them, do whatever it is you can. You should be talking about your RC now and not coa!

jayven

Post by jayven » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:17 pm

[quote="aluter"][quote="jayven"][quote="aluter"][quote="jayven"]hi everyone ! any news from February ?

my timeline:

It is crazy![/quote]

should i send an email to them ? they shouldn't take so long for the COA right![/quote]

They used to take about 30days but as my timeline suggest, they took about 6weeks to issue mine. However, you have not gotten your coa for almost 3 months!!! come on!

I suggest you sending them an email, ringing them, do whatever it is you can. You should be talking about your RC now and not coa![/quote]

that right it make me crazy cant do anything without RC! can u pls give me the phone num and email address so i can ring and email them to check abt my status?
thanks alots!! it have been 3months no news at all ! :?:
seem like everyone said be patience! how can be patience without any news from them!!!

JJ03
Newly Registered

Post by JJ03 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:17 am

jayven wrote:
aluter wrote:
jayven wrote:
aluter wrote:

It is crazy!

I suggest you sending them an email, ringing them, do whatever it is you can. You should be talking about your RC now and not coa!
that right it make me crazy cant do anything without RC! can u pls give me the phone num and email address so i can ring and email them to check abt my status?
seem like everyone said be patience! how can be patience without any news from them!!!
Don't get so frustrated buddy, you are not alone in this drama. Lets give it a little more time. After a long wait i did email them and they replied to me that, my email has been passed on to the department holding my application. And that was all i got till to date. It's quite sickening when you get put onto such a long hold and leaving you in the dark with no updates even when you labour to inquire. It's either there is a big back log of applications or I just believe it's their kind of sick tactic they apply to frustrate applicants so they can be driven into depression. And while in this kind of state, you are most likely going to have pull ups with your partner which will end the basis of your application. That's how they win. So don't let them win. We all fully understand how annoying this is, but hope is the way forward.

jayven

Post by jayven » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:27 am

[quote="JJ03"][quote="jayven"][quote="aluter"][quote="jayven"][quote="aluter"][quote="jayven"]hi everyone ! any news from February ?

my timeline:

It is crazy![/quote]

should i send an email to them ? they shouldn't take so long for the COA right![/quote]

I suggest you sending them an email, ringing them, do whatever it is you can. You should be talking about your RC now and not coa![/quote]

seem like everyone said be patience! how can be patience without any news from them!!![/quote]

Don't get so frustrated buddy, you are not alone in this drama. Lets give it a little more time. After a long wait i did email them and they replied to me that, my email has been passed on to the department holding my application. And that was all i got till to date. It's quite sickening when you get put onto such a long hold and leaving you in the dark with no updates even when you labour to inquire. It's either there is a big back log of applications or I just believe it's their kind of sick tactic they apply to frustrate applicants so they can be driven into depression. And while in this kind of state, you are most likely going to have pull ups with your partner which will end the basis of your application. That's how they win. So don't let them win. We all fully understand how annoying this is, but hope is the way forward.[/quote]

thanks mate! lets them have more times ! see what they gonna do for us! limit 6months we almost half way shouldn't pull up!

flashware

Post by flashware » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:45 am

Application has now been received.
EEA2 Submitted: 26/04/12
Received by HO: 27/04/12
Passport requested: 8/5/12
Passport received: 17/5/12
COA received: 17/5/12
RC sent: 21/09/12

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:01 am

JJ03 wrote:
jayven wrote:
aluter wrote:
jayven wrote:

Don't get so frustrated buddy, you are not alone in this drama. Lets give it a little more time. After a long wait i did email them and they replied to me that, my email has been passed on to the department holding my application. And that was all i got till to date. It's quite sickening when you get put onto such a long hold and leaving you in the dark with no updates even when you labour to inquire. It's either there is a big back log of applications or I just believe it's their kind of sick tactic they apply to frustrate applicants so they can be driven into depression. And while in this kind of state, you are most likely going to have pull ups with your partner which will end the basis of your application. That's how they win. So don't let them win. We all fully understand how annoying this is, but hope is the way forward.

This sounds like a consipiracy theory but i highly doubt it

I know your frustrated but its even harder when people who applied AFTER you get their RC

I completely understand but its just their way, they hid everything for a reason which they dont want to say
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

isw_london
Newly Registered

Post by isw_london » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm really sorry to hear that some of your applications are taking so long, and I hope my news gives you hope rather than makes you more frustrated... I received my RC today!!

My final timeline is:
Application dated: 28 Feb 2012
Application received by HO: 29 Feb 2012
COA received: 30 Mar 2012 (dated 28 Mar)
RC received: 28 Apr 2012 (dated 11 Apr)

So it is possible for HO to process applications quite quickly. Good luck to you all!!

aluter

Post by aluter » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:54 pm

isw_london wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm really sorry to hear that some of your applications are taking so long, and I hope my news gives you hope rather than makes you more frustrated... I received my RC today!!

My final timeline is:

So it is possible for HO to process applications quite quickly. Good luck to you all!!
Woow that is impressive! is it because your employer rang them to enquirer about it?

I am happy for you and att he same time jealous! lol

Did you apply as married? do you have kids? how long have you been married for before you sent off your application and what is your nationality??

sorry for all this questions, I rang them a few days ago but the lady refused to give any update on my application.

:(

aluter

Post by aluter » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:01 pm

isw_london wrote:Hi everyone,

My final timeline is:

Oh and what is the date on your RC? those it correspond to what the they told your employer?

I am really hoping that since my coa came shortly after yours, my RC shld arrive by next week lol!!! if only it worked that way.

isw_london
Newly Registered

Post by isw_london » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:42 pm

aluter wrote:
Woow that is impressive! is it because your employer rang them to enquirer about it?

I am happy for you and att he same time jealous! lol

Did you apply as married? do you have kids? how long have you been married for before you sent off your application and what is your nationality??

sorry for all this questions, I rang them a few days ago but the lady refused to give any update on my application.

:(
Thanks Aluter. I hope yours comes soon!

I think it helped that my employer contacted them (I believe they wrote a long email). My employer's concern was that my COA did not give me the right to work, and my visa did not last for the entire 6 months that they could have taken to process my RC. My RC is dated 11 April. My employer contacted HO around 6 April. But HO waited until the 24th to inform my employer that a decision had been made. Not sure why the two week delay since they'd already issued the RC.

I applied as unmarried partner, no kids, NZ passport. I have been living with my boyfriend for nearly 3 years - 1.5 years in UK and the rest of that time in another EU country.

Hope this helps! Good luck!!