ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Validity until travel

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SJR_Spencer
Newly Registered

Validity until travel

Post by SJR_Spencer » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:27 am

Hi, i have got a tier 2 ICT Long term visa valid from saturday this week. Is there any period before which i will have to travel after which the visa becomes invalid?

Thanks in advance.

san125
BANNED

Post by san125 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:17 am

Entry to the UK is permitted up to 14 days before the employment start date recorded on COS.

SJR_Spencer
Newly Registered

Post by SJR_Spencer » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:25 am

Thank you san125 for your response. My questions is a little different, I was supposed to travel in a week's time but has been put off by a few weeks, which means I will travel a month after my start date in the COS. Now is there a cut off after my start date before which I definitely will have to travel?

Thanks.

san125
BANNED

Post by san125 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:56 pm

There should not be any problem, I haven't come across any rule which states that the person should enter within stipulated time after getting the Visa in UKBA website.

SJR_Spencer
Newly Registered

Post by SJR_Spencer » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:09 pm

Vinny, what do you think? Is there a validity period?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:31 am

SJR_Spencer wrote:Thank you san125 for your response. My questions is a little different, I was supposed to travel in a week's time but has been put off by a few weeks, which means I will travel a month after my start date in the COS. Now is there a cut off after my start date before which I definitely will have to travel?

Thanks.
You can enter the UK any time within the validity period of your visa.

Make sure to agree your delayed work start date with your employer because if you don't turn up on your first day of work they have to report it to the Border Agency.

san125
BANNED

Post by san125 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:33 am

As per PBS Sponsor Guidance

Sponsor must report the following within 10 working days:
a) if a sponsored migrant does not turn up for their first day of work. You must include any reason given by the migrant for their non-attendance (for example a missed flight);

SJR_Spencer
Newly Registered

Post by SJR_Spencer » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:07 pm

I have a tier 2 ICT where I will be working for the UK division of the company. My travel has been postponed by the company by a few weeks. Since it is their decision, do they still have to report this to the home office?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:05 pm

SJR_Spencer wrote:I have a tier 2 ICT where I will be working for the UK division of the company. My travel has been postponed by the company by a few weeks. Since it is their decision, do they still have to report this to the home office?
It is implied in the wording of the sponsor guidance (see san125's quote above) that the non-attendance referred to there occurs when a migrant does not turn up when he/she is expected to do so.

In your case the work start date has been postponed by mutual agreement and the employer should report this.