ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business Visa and Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SJR_Spencer
Newly Registered

Business Visa and Visitor Visa

Post by SJR_Spencer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:58 am

Hi All,

A friend of mine is being sent to the UK on a business visa for about 3 months, he wants to take his wife along during that time. Can you please help in answering the following questions?

1. Should the husband and wife have the same surnames in their passports? My friend has his wife names in his passport with his surnames but his wife's passport has her maiden name. Will that be an issue?

2. Can we provide any other documents other than their marriage certificate?

Thanks in advance.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:19 am

SJR_Spencer
Newly Registered

Post by SJR_Spencer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks for your reply! Can you also help me with another question:

My friend, when re-issuing his passport, got his wife's name included but with his surname and not with her maiden surname. Is it now necessary to get his wife's surname changed in her passport as well? If they carry their marriage certificate will that have more precedence over name in husband's passport?

Thanks in advance!

SJR_Spencer
Newly Registered

Post by SJR_Spencer » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:52 pm

Please help me answer this.

Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:09 pm

SJR_Spencer wrote:If they carry their marriage certificate will that have more precedence over name in husband's passport?
This seems to imply they are not visa nationals. If, however, they are, all of the doubts and worries about their entry can be taken care of (explained in detail) in the visa application to the British consulate.

SJR_Spencer
Newly Registered

Post by SJR_Spencer » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:33 am

Hi... they are visa nationals and applying from India. Will the case worker patiently browse through all the documents and explanations that have been provided?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 07, 2012 11:08 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.