ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RajuT

Post by RajuT » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:21 am

Hi,

I am in the same situation,
but my new employer was ok with it. hr took the ack letter and the photo copy of the existing visa and passport.

may_marie wrote:
Sara2012 wrote:
may_marie wrote:Hello all

Was a silent reader but I though I'd let you know that im here in support !
set (m)
Applied : 22/03/2012
Ack recd : 27/03/2012
5 weeks in the waiting tomorow ..
im actualy in the process of getting a new job and im really hoping that this will not impact my chances .. but probably will... anyone was succesfull at this ?
may
Hi there!
Thanks for posting, was hoping to here from someone who applied for SET(M) in March.
Did you get your BRP letter yet?
I've got the same situation about work, it is a great opportunity and if I'll have to miss it just because of the visa, Ill be gutted.
Hi Sara

no.. i've not received it yet .. i called last week to be told that my info were not on the system yet.. as i understand it they send you your BRP letter once its on the system..

Have you received it yet ??

got questions about that ... could you people say that its a trend that once you've sent your BRP back that you will receive your passport shortly after ?

sara.. when i called last week they gave me an employer's hotline where they can call and be told that your allowed to work while you application is in process.. number is 0300 123 4699...

something else ... did you have employement when you applied ? if not how do you think this will affect our application..
im asking because I didnt but my partner has alot of savings (the fact is i dont really need to work) and im not claiming benefits. but now im starting to think that its going to affect my application....

panda143
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

SET (O)

Post by panda143 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:32 am

Dear Shortwait

Please add me to the list

SET (O) (WP+Tier1) Applied on 04/04/2012
Fees Deducted 19/04/2012
Acknowledgement Received 23/04/2012 (Dated 19/04/2012)
Biometric enrolment letter Waiting for it

Anyone applied after new requirements of biometrics enrolment for settlement application, Received letter for biometric enrolment????
How many days/week after acknowledge

Sara2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sara2012 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:12 pm

Great news for us then, Raju T. That your employer didn't mind...

Marie, please don't feel discouraged, but I did get my BRP letter, it came 2 and half weeks after I sent the application. I was actually surprised it came so early. And I've been waiting for about 7 weeks now. I don't think it will necessarily bring me my passport back earlier. I think there are no rules to it.
When I applied for visa, I was and still am, self-employed with a very modest income. Which means I didn't even need to pay any tax. Again, I don't think it is important, if we are employed or not. They look into it as a household, so if our husbands earn money they think is enough for us to live on, the fact that we are not making any substantial money at the moment is not that important. That what I think, anyway. Might be wrong.

Thank you for the employer number, good info to have!

UKwannabee

Post by UKwannabee » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:17 pm

Hello - I sent my paperwork (SEt M) in 1st March, received my acknowledgment letter 7th March, payment taken 8th March. Rec'd my Biometrics letter 26th March, had Biometrics done @ Post Office on 30th March. This is my 7th week - waiting still.

My actual visa expired on 7th April and I gave my employer a copy of my Acknowledgement letter to prove it was in the process of being renewed.

I too had no idea that it would take this long - wish I researched that bit before I applied. I called to see if I could cancel my application and then re-apply at an office to expedite but was told if I cancel now then I'm here illegally. Plus, the office will not make an appt if your work permit is expired. I'm stuck!! Argh, very frustrating to pay all that money have to put your life on hold for potentially 6 months.

Say a little prayer!!

RQI

Post by RQI » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:57 pm

UKwannabee wrote:Hello - I sent my paperwork (SEt M) in 1st March, received my acknowledgment letter 7th March, payment taken 8th March. Rec'd my Biometrics letter 26th March, had Biometrics done @ Post Office on 30th March. This is my 7th week - waiting still.

My actual visa expired on 7th April and I gave my employer a copy of my Acknowledgement letter to prove it was in the process of being renewed.

I too had no idea that it would take this long - wish I researched that bit before I applied. I called to see if I could cancel my application and then re-apply at an office to expedite but was told if I cancel now then I'm here illegally. Plus, the office will not make an appt if your work permit is expired. I'm stuck!! Argh, very frustrating to pay all that money have to put your life on hold for potentially 6 months.

Say a little prayer!!
It's not a nice feeling and is very frustrating. I have been waiting for over 6 months now (a week over) and still nothing back yet. I called the UKBA today and they said that my application is with the Liverpool office and that there's no further information they can give me other than it's been assigned to a caseworker and is being processed. They just told me that I have to wait. So, waiting I shall have to do.

UKwannabee

Post by UKwannabee » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:59 pm

Oh dear - I can't imagine - I'd be going crazy by now. I'm only 7 weeks and stressing like mad.

Good luck - keep us posted!

ohidul.alam
Newly Registered

ILR application waiting time - 5 years route

Post by ohidul.alam » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:14 pm

It's more than 6months, they have sent the ackd letter and payment taken for my ILR application.

But no response yet, there is no way to get to them by phone call.

Can anyone help me, how to get progress status?

RQI

Post by RQI » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:19 pm

UKwannabee wrote:Oh dear - I can't imagine - I'd be going crazy by now. I'm only 7 weeks and stressing like mad.

Good luck - keep us posted!
I've been waiting 27 weeks and have come to the conclusion that I'm not going to stress about it anymore, perhaps it will feel like it's progressing faster if I am more relaxed.

RQI

Re: ILR application waiting time - 5 years route

Post by RQI » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:21 pm

ohidul.alam wrote:It's more than 6months, they have sent the ackd letter and payment taken for my ILR application.

You'll just have to wait, I've called them, my agent have called them, my local MP has called them and it's made no impact. Just have to be patient and wait.

moz_ilr
Newly Registered

another 6+club member

Post by moz_ilr » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:25 pm

Hello all,
Please add my timelines
Set O (work permit + hsmp + tier 1) 3 dependents
Applied 26-10-2011
Ack letter dated 28-10-2011
Ack received/payment taken 30-10-2011
Called UKBA 25-04-2012. was informed it is still under process. keep waiting.
Last edited by moz_ilr on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

may_marie
Newly Registered

Post by may_marie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Sara2012 wrote:Great news for us then, Raju T. That your employer didn't mind...

Marie, please don't feel discouraged, but I did get my BRP letter, it came 2 and half weeks after I sent the application. I was actually surprised it came so early. And I've been waiting for about 7 weeks now. I don't think it will necessarily bring me my passport back earlier. I think there are no rules to it.
When I applied for visa, I was and still am, self-employed with a very modest income. Which means I didn't even need to pay any tax. Again, I don't think it is important, if we are employed or not. They look into it as a household, so if our husbands earn money they think is enough for us to live on, the fact that we are not making any substantial money at the moment is not that important. That what I think, anyway. Might be wrong.

This is the strangest thing ! i got my BRP letter today ..lol
Ill be rushing to the post office tomorow morning for sure !!
well if it doesnt help bringing my passport back to me soon at least ive got a feeling thats things are moving ..

and Raju ... it is great news for us that your employer doesnt mind.
i've passed the interviews and now im waiting for the outcome before i break the news to them .. the job does start until early june .. still have hope ill have my passport by then

Sara2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sara2012 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:09 pm

RQI wrote: You'll just have to wait, I've called them, my agent have called them, my local MP has called them and it's made no impact. Just have to be patient and wait.
I once almost got crucified here on this thread when I said that we simply have to accept the waiting game and keep our cool. Thank you for saying the things as they are. And I really hope you'll get it in next few days. You and all others in the 6 (+) club

Marie, great news! First stage done, now let's see how we all get on.

RQI

Post by RQI » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:48 pm

Sara2012 wrote:
RQI wrote: You'll just have to wait, I've called them, my agent have called them, my local MP has called them and it's made no impact. Just have to be patient and wait.
I once almost got crucified here on this thread when I said that we simply have to accept the waiting game and keep our cool. Thank you for saying the things as they are. And I really hope you'll get it in next few days. You and all others in the 6 (+) club

There comes a time where one just needs to accept that nothing can be done to prioritise the applications. It's called inevitability. It's through times like these when we really understand the saying that patience is a virtue.

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:02 pm

may_marie wrote:
Sara2012 wrote:Great news for us then, Raju T. That your employer didn't mind...

This is the strangest thing ! i got my BRP letter today ..lol
Ill be rushing to the post office tomorow morning for sure !!
well if it doesnt help bringing my passport back to me soon at least ive got a feeling thats things are moving ..

and Raju ... it is great news for us that your employer doesnt mind.
i've passed the interviews and now im waiting for the outcome before i break the news to them .. the job does start until early june .. still have hope ill have my passport by then

Hi May I ask when did you send your Application ? and under which catgory ? I sent on 20/03 but still waiting for my BRP.

may_marie
Newly Registered

Post by may_marie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:09 pm

mustang390 wrote:
Hi May I ask when did you send your Application ? and under which catgory ? I sent on 20/03 but still waiting for my BRP.
Hi mustang

set (m)

you've put it in the mail 2 days earlier then me,
i mailed mine to croydon and its now its sheffield

hopefully it does come soon !

chweetgurl

Re: Facts difficult to digest ............

Post by chweetgurl » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:09 pm

AshMad wrote:Hi,
I had sent in my 1st letter to my MP after 3 months of application.
She got a letter from UKBA that no case worker was alloted.
I responded to that letter.

MP wrote that she can only make enquiries about progress of application. She did quote that she has written to UKBA about me in a positive light.
(GOD knows what positive things she has written).

I was frustrated and I wrote to MP that I am not satisfied by her response and I also wrote to her about the difficult times in which UKBA has put me by refusing me PEO application and costing me change with a potential top fortune 500, mental stress, life on hold etc etc.
I asked her that in case she is not in a position to liase with UKBA after being ex-member of parlimentary affairs on immigration then she needs to write to Immigration Minister. I marked CC to Damian Green

Alternatively, I wrote a letter to Damian Green stating the facts. That was after 4 months of application. I asked him that I went to PEO and was ready to pay premium fees and I was forced to make postal application. I also wrote that for my applicationn to be treated urgently, I am ready to pay premium fees difference to convert my postal application to premium.

I got my ILR approved after 5.5 months.

Today after 2 weeks of getting my passport, I received a letter from UKBA stating that they did get my letter from Damian Green. They tried to explain that my application was not straightforward and hence PEO directed me to make postal application.

They have also written that by now you should be aware that your ILR was approved.

Completely shameless response from UKBA as even after 3 months of making postal application there was NO CASE WORKER ALLOTED.

I have got a written evidence from UKBA and they were shameless in disclosing that. I am not aware as to how many further months they wasted in assigning a CASE WORKER.

Minimum 3 months can be safely assumed to be wasted out of total 5.5 months.

Thanks & Regards
Ash
@Ash thank you for sharing your experience here, I am still waiting to hear from my MP regarding PEO application has been almost 7 weeks now and delay due to IT issue. do you mind sharing Immigration minister's email id ?

AshMad

Post by AshMad » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi Chweetgurl,

I sent it directly to his parliament address in Westminster with a recorded delivery. I am sure you can manage to write a lot of additional things in your letter regarding your pain. Another route would be to write to Parliamentary Ombudsman.

I do have a copy of the letter I wrote to him and my MP.

I am planing to write another letter about the delays in not appointing a caseworker for 3 months which obviously was not my fault.

Regards
Ash

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:08 pm

may_marie wrote:
mustang390 wrote:
Hi mustang

set (m)

HI Marie thanks for your reply Sorry I cudn't understand what you meant by "i mailed mine to croydon and its now its sheffield" ?
regards

oct2011

Post by oct2011 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:10 am

ohidul.alam wrote:It's more than 6months, they have sent the ackd letter and payment taken for my ILR application.

Ohidul call the UKBA on 0870 606 7766. As soon as the menu options start dial "0", it will skip all the rest of the options and go directly to the operator. However you will still need to hang on for about 5-10 mins for someone to answer the call. You might have a quicker response if you call right at the opening time of 9:00 or near the closing time of 4:45. It willl seem like you're on the phone forever but that is the only way you will reach them.

oct2011

Post by oct2011 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:20 am

Sara2012 wrote: I once almost got crucified here on this thread when I said that we simply have to accept the waiting game and keep our cool. Thank you for saying the things as they are. And I really hope you'll get it in next few days. You and all others in the 6 (+) club

I believe the reason you were crucified Sara is that you criticised others' decisions to book holidays before receiving their visas. You also suggested that people should not complain about the service as we have been warned on the UKBA site that it could take upto 6 months. As you may have gathered people on this forum are getting frustrated and upset waiting for their visas and it is best not to criticise another's judgement or decision, unless they've specifically asked for it. Also just because the UKBA state their timelines on their website, it does not mean we should not complain about the abominable service and try to bring around some change. Not much would have happened in the world if people just accepted the bad because it had been stated or was obvious.

may_marie
Newly Registered

Post by may_marie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:44 am

mustang390 wrote:
may_marie wrote:
mustang390 wrote:
Hi mustang

set (m)

HI Marie thanks for your reply Sorry I cudn't understand what you meant by "i mailed mine to croydon and its now its sheffield" ?
regards
hello mustang,

sorry about that, i was referering to the places where my application is being processed, i originaly sent it to croydon but i now know its sitting somewhere in sheffield... i added this information in case it matters ... in terms of waiting time ect ... but i dont suppose it does ..

panda143
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Croydon Or Durham

Post by panda143 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:30 am

may_marie wrote:
mustang390 wrote:
may_marie wrote:
mustang390 wrote:
Hi mustang

set (m)

regards
hello mustang,

sorry about that, i was referering to the places where my application is being processed, i originaly sent it to croydon but i now know its sitting somewhere in sheffield... i added this information in case it matters ... in terms of waiting time ect ... but i dont suppose it does ..

I guess all settlement Application posted To Durham , U Send it to Croydon??????

Feb4
Newly Registered

Good news today!

Post by Feb4 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:04 pm

I'm the guy who panicked his application could be returned invalid, for whatever reason, after the expiry of leave to remain, therby making me an overstayer.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Just got indefinite leave to remain, ironically granted a day before I made the above post.

Application type = Set (m).
Application sent on 13 January, 2012
Acknowledgement received 18 January, 2012.
Indefinite leave stamped on 26 March, 2012.
Package received on 26 April, 2012.

God bless you all and honour Himself with your good news too.

I will continue to read this blog silently in your support.

Sara2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sara2012 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:46 pm

I can't believe what you're saying really and I usually ignore childish comments but I am kind of fed up. I have not criticized anyone and I have not told anyone what to do. But you have obviously chosen to take offense at what I said. I said I thought it was pointless, that it just delayed their work on our visas further and that it makes your wait even harder and more frustrating. And yes, I couldn't believe people are moaning about holidays. Hello, you are a foreigner in this country and asking for them to give you permanent residence, how big a decision is that in your life to moan about holidays? Maybe I am too responsible or too grown up, maybe. Maybe I got real problems and real reasons to complain if I wanted to (two heavily ill members of my closest family living abroad) and maybe that's why my priorities are different and why a holiday is the last thing on my mind. Maybe, but I still am in the same position as you and everybody else here and I am on your side guys, no need to jump on me. I just want to be winner in most situations and in some situations it only happens if you keep your dignity and your cool, for me at least. I fight ALWAYS when I know it might be worthwhile. If you knew me personally you'd know I am the one who never sits back and hides. But I am not rushing into fire either, cuz it's just plain stupid. So please don't lecture me on how the changes happen, I've been a part of many back where I lived and trust me those changes were quite a challenge.
Now if you felt complaining was your choice and way to go, go ahead with it. If it doesn't make you angry that they don't take your complaints seriously, then again, go ahead. Me personally, it makes me furious which is why I don't wanna go there. Good luck with your complaints, and I mean it! I don't mind anyone of you doing it, I never said I could or would tell someone what to do. I expressed my opinion on what I think is wisest place to be in this situation. If you can't take the truth, it is your problem and please do not stress out on me.

I apologize to everyone else for spilling this out but I was holding it for too long out of courtesy and wasn't hoping for a 'ghost' to come back. And I ask you oct2001 if you'd please let me talk to these people who obviously do not feel threatened by my words, as there is no reason, thank you. Think you got your visa right?
oct2011 wrote:
Sara2012 wrote: I once almost got crucified here on this thread when I said that we simply have to accept the waiting game and keep our cool. Thank you for saying the things as they are. And I really hope you'll get it in next few days. You and all others in the 6 (+) club
I believe the reason you were crucified Sara is that you criticised others' decisions to book holidays before receiving their visas. You also suggested that people should not complain about the service as we have been warned on the UKBA site that it could take upto 6 months. As you may have gathered people on this forum are getting frustrated and upset waiting for their visas and it is best not to criticise another's judgement or decision, unless they've specifically asked for it. Also just because the UKBA state their timelines on their website, it does not mean we should not complain about the abominable service and try to bring around some change. Not much would have happened in the world if people just accepted the bad because it had been stated or was obvious.
Last edited by Sara2012 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sara2012
Newly Registered

Re: Good news today!

Post by Sara2012 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:48 pm

Thank you, Feb4! And congratulations!
Feb4 wrote:I'm the guy who panicked his application could be returned invalid, for whatever reason, after the expiry of leave to remain, therby making me an overstayer.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Just got indefinite leave to remain, ironically granted a day before I made the above post.

Application type = Set (m).
Application sent on 13 January, 2012
Acknowledgement received 18 January, 2012.
Indefinite leave stamped on 26 March, 2012.
Package received on 26 April, 2012.

God bless you all and honour Himself with your good news too.

I will continue to read this blog silently in your support.