ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Completing SET (O) Form [valid after 6th April 2012) - HELP!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kumar17

Completing SET (O) Form [valid after 6th April 2012) - HELP!

Post by kumar17 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:00 pm

I am putting the final touches to my application file for a PEO appointment in Liverpool next month.

I need some help on the SET (O) Form. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf

SECTION 5 - YOUR HOME AND YOUR FINANCES
A slightly confusing new section.

SOC code (or nearest applicable which best describes (your employment) -I put down 2129 which is in the skills shortage list (page 4) - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... tnov11.pdf

Current rate of Pay (as stated in the Codes of Practice – hourly rate or annual salary)
should I be stating the hourly rate of pay of £14.76/hr as stated in SOC Code 2129 or my actual hourly rate = annual/52weeks/37.5hrs?

Current rate of Pay (as stated in the Codes of Practice – hourly rate or annual salary)
Should this be my annual salary?

Number of hours this salary is based on My contracted hours are 37.5hrs/week, so 37.5h

Number of weekly hours Is this question different to the one above? Should the answer still be 37.5hrs/week?

SECTION 6 - IMMIGRATION HISTORY
6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.
My work permit visa started on the 29/05/2007 and this is the beginning of the period on which my ILR application is based. I arrived the UK in September 2002 and have had a few travels from the UK to Europe.

As I understand it the period September 2002 to May 2007 is not relevant to my ILR application. So which date do I put on the form - September 2002 or 29/5/2002? Help

6.2 Since then have you had any absences from the UK? If yes, give the dates you left and returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the spaces below. List all absences however short and in date order. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and enclose it with your application.

I have created a spreadsheet with all my travel details between September 2002 to present? I dont know which details to present as it depends on the date in 6.1. Help If I provide the date of September 2002 in Q6.1 am I not then submitting a lot of irrelevant information?

Separate question
How do you count the days out of the UK? I have read on the forum that you do not count the two days for exit and entry. So for example - I travelled out to Germany for work in 2008 for one day [15/5/2008 - 16/05/2008]. My dates outside the UK is 0. Is this correct?

There is a massive list of documents I have put together and I can provide details if required. The only slight worry I had was that I started work before my WP was approved. But there has been some comfort from the forum about what date should be on my employment letter. Thank you for the help on the questions above.

lucky1234

Post by lucky1234 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi Kumar,

I can answer few of your question as the rest does not apply to me. I am also applyng next week using SET O Form.

6.1 >> this will be a date when you actual work permit visa started. So it should be 29/05/2007.

6.2 >> mention your holidays from 29/05/2007 onwards.

About count days >> yes you are correct that exit and entry days are not counted but in your example it will be 1 day which is the min value.

I hope it helps

cheers

kumar17

Post by kumar17 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:32 pm

lucky1234,

Thank you for your help. very useful. Hopefully, I can get some help from others in the forum.

Good luck with your application next week.

kumar17

Post by kumar17 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:17 am

Gurus,

Any help? PEO on the 3rd of May and help required to complete the form

kumar17

Post by kumar17 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:49 am

Any help on the questions above please?

vks

Post by vks » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:30 am

Which category you are applying? If Tier1, then the section 5 that you are looking for is not required.
Regards,
vks

kumar17

Post by kumar17 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:11 am

No i am applying under Work permit

t-bag

Re :

Post by t-bag » Fri May 25, 2012 2:00 pm

Kumar,

What did you then write for the following ??

I read your post and thats actually a good question!! Quite confusing indeed :

"
should I be stating the hourly rate of pay of £14.76/hr as stated in SOC Code 2129 or my actual hourly rate = annual/52weeks/37.5hrs?

Should this be my annual salary?

Number of hours this salary is based on My contracted hours are 37.5hrs/week, so 37.5h

Number of weekly hours Is this question different to the one above? Should the answer still be 37.5hrs/week?

Let everyone know please. Also, how did it go? Have you already applied??

kumar17

Post by kumar17 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:07 pm

t-bag,

Hope this is not late

Current rate of Pay (as stated in the Codes of Practice – hourly rate or annual salary) - This is be your hourly rate based on your annual/52weeks/No hours work per week (e.g. 37.5h/wk)

Current rate of Pay (as stated in the Codes of Practice – hourly rate or annual salary) - this should be your annual salary

Number of weekly hours -this should be all the weekly hours you do for the year (e.g. 37.5h x 52weeks)

Apologies for the late reply, I have been away

conan_hn
Newly Registered

Post by conan_hn » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi,

I have the same question actually. I've done some searching on this forum and have not found a concrete answer.

I found this part extremely confusing since it says: "as stated in the Codes of Practice". In my opinion, this implies it should be the rate of pay for the SOC in question as stated in the Codes of Practice document and NOT the applicant's rate of pay.

The applicant's rate of pay is already available from the employer's letter.

Can someone please confirm which way is correct? Thank you very much for your time.

Regards

Conan
kumar17 wrote:t-bag,

Hope this is not late

Current rate of Pay (as stated in the Codes of Practice – hourly rate or annual salary) - This is be your hourly rate based on your annual/52weeks/No hours work per week (e.g. 37.5h/wk)

Current rate of Pay (as stated in the Codes of Practice – hourly rate or annual salary) - this should be your annual salary

Number of weekly hours -this should be all the weekly hours you do for the year (e.g. 37.5h x 52weeks)

Apologies for the late reply, I have been away