ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which form to use

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dms_sbs

Which form to use

Post by dms_sbs » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:51 pm

Hi My wife is applying as my dependent in June 2012 for SET O. However she has completed her 2 years in UK so is there any form for dependent of SET O or which form she should use.

I am applying for MY ILR as a Tier 2 holder. My wife got dependent of work permit visa in Dec 2008 and then her visa was extneded under Tier 2 dependent in May 2011.. I was on work permit visa and got extension while working with same employer under Tier 2 genral.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:59 pm

She has to apply jointly with you. You will name her on your own SET(O) application form. She does need a separate application form for herself.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:47 pm

Lucapooka wrote:She has to apply jointly with you. You will name her on your own SET(O) application form. She does need a separate application form for herself.
Should the last sentence be: "She does not need a separate application form for herself"?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:18 am

Yes, Vinny and thanks.

dms_sbs

Post by dms_sbs » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:26 am

vinny wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:She has to apply jointly with you. You will name her on your own SET(O) application form. She does need a separate application form for herself.
Should the last sentence be: "She does not need a separate application form for herself"?
sorry for question again
She is eligible for ILR and I would be applying for My ILR by SET O form . Can she use SET M for her ILR as my dependent or without seprate application she will get ILR

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:51 am

She applies with you on your application form. If you care to look at the form you can see there is a part where you include your dependants.

She can't apply individually (i.e. in situations where she is not included on your application form).