ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Solihull PEO - IT Issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

umeruzair

ILR Solihull PEO - IT Issue

Post by umeruzair » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:09 am

Alarm to everyone who is going or willing to go to Solihull office just to let you know be prepare for the same IT issue which other PEO are facing. We been for ILR yesterday and after waiting since 10am till 3pm we have been given all the documents back with the excuse of IT issue therefore no results can be given "TODAY" and we will sent you the letter with our decision.

I have a question

Did anyone else had the same problem? How long it took to get the letter? How long after that it took to produce the BRP?

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:44 am

What basis you applied ILR, WP, Tier 1 or 2, was your application straight-forward?

Did they say, why they are not able to make a decision today?

Did they specifically mentioned the IT problems?

Were there any other ILR candidates turned away without decision?

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:52 am

Dear scrapper

I have straight forward application no problems ILR applied on the basis of Tier 1 (G) three years and WP 2 years. Yes! they have specifically said about IT issues took all the details though and returned all the original documents as well it was really frustrating experience. Saying that everyone on this board mentioned about Solihull I found them similar to the other PEOs

selva

Post by selva » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:08 am

umeruzair wrote:Dear scrapper

I have straight forward application no problems ILR applied on the basis of Tier 1 (G) three years and WP 2 years. Yes! they have specifically said about IT issues took all the details though and returned all the original documents as well it was really frustrating experience. Saying that everyone on this board mentioned about Solihull I found them similar to the other PEOs
Hi, Is it only for few or everyone got same IT issue on that day?

selva

Post by selva » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:08 am

Hi, Is it only for few or everyone got same IT issue on that day?

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:16 am

umeruzair, I can understand it must be very frustrating that one travels to Solihull in hope that the decision will be made on the day but gets turned away without any decision.

Did you notice any other ILR applicant in Solihull was given the same IT issues excuse?

If all the other ILR applicant received the decision then probably it means they were not able to verify your biometrics or something, it could be a geniune issue.

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:18 am

I do not know about everyone but around 5 people ahead of me got their documents back with the same answers so I guess it's the generic problem but saying that about 2 people got their letter wel within first 2 hours. I cannot say its the problem with everyone but what I could see the people from Monday/Tuesday were also present yesterday due to the problems on previous days. I feel myself unlucky.

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:26 am

umeruzair wrote:I do not know about everyone but around 5 people ahead of me got their documents back with the same answers so I guess it's the generic problem but saying that about 2 people got their letter wel within first 2 hours. I cannot say its the problem with everyone but what I could see the people from Monday/Tuesday were also present yesterday due to the problems on previous days. I feel myself unlucky.
umeruzair, don't feel unlucky. You will most certainly get your ILR in few days.

I think because of cuts to home affairs budget, they are distributing the postal / preimium aka IT issues + ILR load amongst other smaller PEOs. If they have given you the original documents backs that means they have already made the decision and just waiting for bio-metric results to come back.

poornima.patil
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Solihull PEO - IT Issue

Post by poornima.patil » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:46 am

Hi umeruzair

I had similar issue yesterday and quite worried about the results now :( Please keep posted on this topic if you receive any other info.

I was worried thinking thats its something to do with my application and they just gave some IT issue tag to it but now after reading your post looks like it was general for all those people who went to solihull on 25th april. Its really frustrating as we have to wait for the decision.

Also did the case worker say any decision after your interview ? coz my case worker said that i will be granted visa, but then when went back to collect the docs they said coz of IT issue they cant say the decision. Really confused now :?

Should i keep myself calm based on what case worker said or wait until the letter comes through ? If anyone has had similar experience pls share your thoughts

Thanks
Poornima
umeruzair wrote:Alarm to everyone who is going or willing to go to Solihull office just to let you know be prepare for the same IT issue which other PEO are facing. We been for ILR yesterday and after waiting since 10am till 3pm we have been given all the documents back with the excuse of IT issue therefore no results can be given "TODAY" and we will sent you the letter with our decision.

I have a question

Did anyone else had the same problem? How long it took to get the letter? How long after that it took to produce the BRP?
Last edited by poornima.patil on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:48 am

Poornima ,

Did you have the similar case like ILR and did they said the samething to you as well like IT issue and they will post the letter and returned your documents?

I wish it will be fine for all of us.

Thanks

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:51 am

Guys, I had my appointment on 24th at Solihull (SET(O) based on HSMP+Tier-1). 15 minutes after arriving, I was seen by a case worker and he spent nearly 25 minutes on my application and asked for different documents during this time. Then he said everything is looking fine and I can pay the fee.

After paying the fee using my Master Card, I went for the biometrics with 3 dependants. There was no issue with Biometrics and we were told to collect our documents after couple of hours.

When I went back for documents, I was given back all the documents but was told due to an ‘IT ISSUES’ they can’t issue the confirmation letter and they will rather send it by post.

After speaking to few more applicants there, I realised that people in all categories were told the same thing on that day (24th April 2012).

Please share your experience if you had an appointment in Solihull on 24th April 2012 and if you have received anything from UKBA in post ?

poornima.patil
Newly Registered

Post by poornima.patil » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:55 am

umeruzair,

Yes it was same situation as yours. Looks like we all are sailiing in the same boat :( . No other option than waiting for letter i guess :(
umeruzair wrote:Poornima ,

Did you have the similar case like ILR and did they said the samething to you as well like IT issue and they will post the letter and returned your documents?

I wish it will be fine for all of us.

Thanks

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:59 am

Solihull is very famous regarding not taking payment until they are satisfied that you will be granted ILR.

You will most certainly get the letter in few days, I know its hard but just take a chill pill and have fun.

flacko
Newly Registered

premium application sheffield

Post by flacko » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:00 am

Not Solihull, but attended Sheffield with my wife yesterday for her set (M) application, was there 4 hours and at 3-00pm was told computer problems meant delay in biometric processing, but wasn't given documents back, am I right to be worried? Feeling very anxious at the moment.

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:11 am

flacko

Well this is worrying in all sense because with any HO you cannot trust untill you get the documents, letters etc back....

But keep your hopes together you will soon get the good news.

Dear All please keep this link updated as soon as you get any news

Thanks

hsmp2007Tier1

Post by hsmp2007Tier1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:23 am

I went to Solihull for ILR (hsmp+tier1) on 24 april, nearly everything went well, caseworker was satisfied with all docs and assured me everything is OK but did not use the word APPROVED though, then made the payment and biometrics later. Now when after few hours i returned to collect my documents they returned the docs back to me without approval letter but did not mention the words IT ISSUES rather said, exact words are below:

"everything is Ok, normally we print out an approval letter as well, but we are still awaiting one final check we are having issues with facial recognition checks and as soon thats gone through we will post the approval letter."

then i asked how long will it take they said 3-4 days for me to receive the approval letter and 7 to 10 days for biometrics.

ALL - PLEASE UPDATE THE POST AS SOON YOU HAVE RCVD ANY UPDATE.

flacko
Newly Registered

Post by flacko » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:28 am

Hi Umeruzair,

Thanks for the reply, the case officer said he would call today with decision but so far nothing, however, on checking other threads it seems like this problem is quite widespread, therefore will wait and see and update if we get some news soon.
Last edited by flacko on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:31 am

hsmp2007Tier1

So you have not received any letter as of yet! I think the guy who takes the document is not the case worker and the cw works behind the close doors on the basis of documents provided by the initial documents receiver whether he/she says approved or not I think it does not matter as they are not the CW.

Could you please keep this forum updated with your progress as soon as you receive it as you hopefully will receive confirmation before us as you been to HO on 24th.

Good Luck

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:44 am

umeruzair: both hsmp2007Tier1 and I were in Solihull on 24th Apr and had similar experiences.

The guy who dealt with my case was actually a case worker and he spent over 25 minutes going through all sections of the form and in the end he explicitly told me that ‘your application has been approved’ and I can go and pay the fee at counter 6. But he kept the originals of my 12 pay slips, 12 bank statements, all cohabitation documents and LiUK certificates of both of us.

After paying the fee, I had my biometrics done along with my wife and two kids. And then we were told to collect documents in couple of hours.

When I went back, I was given all the documents back and was told that due to an IT ISSUE, they can’t give me the confirmation letter and it will be sent to me by post.

The lady at the counter also said we need to do some checks but due to an IT ISSUE we can’t do this and as long as you don’t have any criminal convictions, you will be fine.

Do you think my application should be okay at this stage as the case worker told me that it’s been approved ?

Will keep you guys updated.

selva

Post by selva » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:52 am

linkers wrote:
Do you think my application should be okay at this stage as the case worker told me that it’s been approved ?

Will keep you guys updated.
Hi Linkers,
Yes I believe so. don't worry too much mate, you will get it soon.

Your case worker has provided more info to you and it explains that you are 99 % cleared. Good Luck
Last edited by selva on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:59 am

Thanks selva. I thought it would be over if I go to Solihull but looks like I will have to wait for few more day now :(

selva

Post by selva » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:02 pm

linkers wrote:Thanks selva. I thought it would be over if I go to Solihull but looks like I will have to wait for few more day now :(
I am going tomorrow mate. let see :-(

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:09 pm

Good Luck selva. Are you going to Solihull ?

selva

Post by selva » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:10 pm

linkers wrote:Good Luck selva. Are you going to Solihull ?
Hi Linkers,
Yes, I am going Solihull

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:22 pm

Thanks selva. Please share your experience with us after the appointment.