ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OUT OF UK FOR 26 MONTHS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chikano
Newly Registered

OUT OF UK FOR 26 MONTHS

Post by chikano » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:19 pm

I have been out of UK for 26 months due to ill-health of heart failure. Advised not to fly. I have medical report to this effect. ILR application due this December. I need help and advise urgently. Can someone please help meeeee.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Re: OUT OF UK FOR 26 MONTHS

Post by pkumar » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:27 pm

You will need a GOOD solicitor to prove that you were not able to travel for 26 months ... again i would like to stress that you were not earning, home bound and ill health for FULL 26 MONTHS ... it is tough to prove ... but if your care is genuine then provide as much information as possible .... UKBA will seek advice from there medical team I presume ... also if you lie that you were NOT working but indeed working and UKBA comes to know then you will be banned .....

Unless you were having one complications after another ... not able to fly back and resume work for 26 months is tough to prove .... generally people recover in 6-10 months ....

Again ... if you case is genuine then you should definitely try and talk to few solicitors and choose the best one to represent your case.

All the best!

chikano
Newly Registered

Post by chikano » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:33 pm

pkumar wrote:You will need a GOOD solicitor to prove that you were not able to travel for 26 months ... again i would like to stress that you were not earning, home bound and ill health for FULL 26 MONTHS ... it is tough to prove ... but if your care is genuine then provide as much information as possible .... UKBA will seek advice from there medical team I presume ... also if you lie that you were NOT working but indeed working and UKBA comes to know then you will be banned .....

Unless you were having one complications after another ... not able to fly back and resume work for 26 months is tough to prove .... generally people recover in 6-10 months ....

Again ... if you case is genuine then you should definitely try and talk to few solicitors and choose the best one to represent your case.

All the best!
Thank you for your response. I have medical report but would you advise I apply for Extension of my current Residence Permit instead? Please respond.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:53 pm

I would suggest to go for extension (IF it covers those 2 years ... hoping it was initial part of your stay?) .... and if you are CONFIDENT then would go for ILR (via solicitor) immediately after getting extension to try out luck ....

chikano
Newly Registered

Post by chikano » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:10 pm

pkumar wrote:I would suggest to go for extension (IF it covers those 2 years ... hoping it was initial part of your stay?) .... and if you are CONFIDENT then would go for ILR (via solicitor) immediately after getting extension to try out luck ....
Thank you. I will adhere to your good advice. What do I need to put in place for the extension. I have just registered a limited liability company with the view to claiming self employed and earning salary of XXX? . I can afford to put money into the Company's account to continually pay my salary in view of the long stay. I also want to declare some earnings while in abroad and get an accountant to calculate what I need to pay for such earnings during my absence in UK. What do you think? Your advise is highly appreciated.

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:11 pm

not trying to be rude but i think your last idea suggests you fancy your chances at circumventing the rules with false claims. If this is your plan then good luck, you'll need it.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:16 pm

Please continue in previous thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.