ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying ILR but how about my dependent ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

askyara

Post by askyara » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:33 am

vinny wrote:
askyara wrote:In my knowledge, i could apply for ILR in PEO,
Probably no.
askyara wrote:WE are not confident to post as of the gaps. When i know that we are no more allowed to go to PEO, i panic.

Our gaps are : from 31 Mrch 2006 - 3 May 2006
from 30 September - 17 October 2006
31 Jan 2008 - 23 Jun 2008
What happened during these periods?
hi again

as i was in university at that time, i sentmy passport through university scheme.

1.My visas expires on the 31st of March, isend to them obviously before, but due to some reason (which i couldnt remember), my passport was returned to university, and afteri amended a few things, they send it back, and was stamped and granted student visa on the 3 may 2006.

2.The same with 30 sept 2006, which my visa end. Send it through the scheme earlier than it expires, somehow the home office return to me and the visa was stamped about 3 weeks late.(17oct 2006)

3. the gap between 31 Jan2008 - 23 Jun 2008 is because there was a misunderstanding involving dept of work and pension, on granting my daughter disability benefits. After an amount of check and interview, thorough check of our passport and visas, DWP has given my daughter the benefit as she was said to born in uk and eligable, although we said not. The benefit form was also filled by her teacher,and not by us. So basically is not our fault.

When i send my visas through uni, the HO spotted this benefit, and enquire more. For those 5 months theres a lot of dramabetween HO and DP, and we are stuck in the middle. Both has their own solicitors, and we were in the middle with headache.Finally, HO wins, and the benefits was asked to stop immediately.

Unfortunately i have misplaced all of the letter proving the event :( So for that 5 month, our passport was held at the HO.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:09 am

1. Probably okay.
2. Probably okay.
3. Probably okay too.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

askyara

Post by askyara » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:54 am

vinny wrote:1. Probably okay.
2. Probably okay.
3. Probably okay too.
when u say 'probably' what do u actually mean? do u think i can just post without solicitor?

so are u suggesting in an envelope i included set(O) for myself and flr(m) for hubby? (like what a guru above suggested)wouldnt this be any complication of these gaps, or should i seek solicitor help?

many thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:50 am

'Probably' means that I think you should be okay, based on the information that you've given here. As you had made valid in-time applications, you should have be covered under section 3C. Click on the above links for more details.

SET(O) plus FLR(M) should also be possible.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

askyara

Post by askyara » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm

many thanks for splendid explaination :)

rizwo

Post by rizwo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:55 pm

My Wife is living with me as Tier 1 dependent since 04/2009 in UK. When i get an ILR and herself as well, Can she apply for British passport immediately because she already spent at least 3 years as dependent.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:54 pm

rizwo wrote:My Wife is living with me as Tier 1 dependent since 04/2009 in UK. When i get an ILR and herself as well, Can she apply for British passport immediately because she already spent at least 3 years as dependent.
I would suggest that you read the eligibility criteria available on the ukba website "http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/" to understand all requirements for naturalization which is required before you can apply for a british passport.