ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Making ILR application - Help required

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Antolarain1981
United Kingdom

Making ILR application - Help required

Post by Antolarain1981 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:16 pm

Hi,

I came to UK with Work permit and later changed to Tier 2 ICT, I have a concern on when will i be eligible to apply ILR

1. Came to UK on 4th Aug 2007 and returned back on 8th Jan 2008 as my contract ended
2. Again i came back on 28th Jan 2008 with the same Work Permit and changed to Tier 2 on 2009 June, i am staying in UK since then

I went through the sample employer letter to apply ILR and it mention 2 things, one is the date i came to Uk and second a statment to mention that i will be in UK for forseeable future.

The Sample letter from my employer say that i started in UK on Jan 2008 but the actual is Aug 2007. when enquired they said that my assignment from Aug 2007 to Jan 2008 was under first contract and it was ended hence my letter will only say 28th jan 2008 as my start date

My question is will this cause issue when i apply for ILR on Aug 2012 or it is considered ok as the gap is less than 20 days between my assignments

Can anyone please help

aanu23
Newly Registered

Post by aanu23 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi,

Here is my understanding:

The fact that you came back to work in UK under the same WP and all your extension were done from within UK should make you eligible for ILR in August 2012.

The only issue is around the date mentioned in the employment letter. I think you should try to convince your employer to put in the Aug 2007 as the start date OR get a separate letter from them stating that you were working in the UK from Aug 2007 to Jan 2008 OR carry enough proofs confirming that you were working in UK for that period.

thank,
Anu

Antolarain1981
United Kingdom

Post by Antolarain1981 » Mon May 07, 2012 11:37 am

Hi Anu,

Thanks for your reply.

I enquired my employer if they can change the joining date as Aug 2007 instead of Jan 2008 but they have confirmed that they cannot provide any help in this matter as they will provide letter as per the actuals only

I can request them to provide letter without mentioning the joining date (Letter only to mention I will be employed in foreseeable future and my salary informations) would that help??