ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

plz help

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ahmed84
Newly Registered

plz help

Post by ahmed84 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:20 pm

hi, i have applied for psw visa on 31st of march and it was received by HO on 2nd of april.my account was debited by application fees on 24th april.
before i apply, i made a coppy of my bank statement from my local library.today i went over there and the receptionist lady pass me a original page of my statement, which was left inside the photo copy machine.
now i am sure that ,the statement i have submitted is missing a page. although i have more then £800 in my account till now.
could anyone give an advise what to do or how to contact with HO regarding this situation.
thank you.

derlin

Re: plz help

Post by derlin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:43 pm

ahmed84 wrote:hi, i have applied for psw visa on 31st of march and it was received by HO on 2nd of april.my account was debited by application fees on 24th april.
before i apply, i made a coppy of my bank statement from my local library.today i went over there and the receptionist lady pass me a original page of my statement, which was left inside the photo copy machine.
now i am sure that ,the statement i have submitted is missing a page. although i have more then £800 in my account till now.
could anyone give an advise what to do or how to contact with HO regarding this situation.
thank you.
Simply write to the UKBA, attached the missing original page. Ensure you identify the application case reference number in your letter. Your application case number is normally stated in the UKBA letter's confirmation of receipt of application.

ahmed84
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed84 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:06 pm

Simply write to the UKBA, attached the missing original page. Ensure you identify the application case reference number in your letter. Your application case number is normally stated in the UKBA letter's confirmation of receipt of application.[/quote]
thank you for your reply. i haven't received my acknowledgement letter yet.i will post it as soon as i receive.

htc_123
Pakistan

Post by htc_123 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:24 pm

ahmed84 wrote:Simply write to the UKBA, attached the missing original page. Ensure you identify the application case reference number in your letter. Your application case number is normally stated in the UKBA letter's confirmation of receipt of application.
thank you for your reply. i haven't received my acknowledgement letter yet.i will post it as soon as i receive.[/quote]

You may not get an acknowledgment letter as some people don't,call UKBA tell them your situation and ask what you should do.

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:13 pm

Amazingly I am in the same situation lol! :lol:

I had called up the UKBA, they said I should wait for the acknowledgement letter and send the missing statement with a cover letter quoting the reference number so that they can identify your application. They also said that they cannot do anything unless you get the acknowledgement letter because the case number is only mentioned on that. So the acknowledgement letter is vital to your application as you need to send the missing statement. You should get it I guess, all of my friends who applied for a PSW got it, but fingers crossed anyway :)

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:41 am

that doesnt sound right, if your application is in the system they should have a reference number, they are just being lazy. Call them again and say you need to sedn some information and cant wait for the ack letter hence need the ref number from them over the phone. They might ask your for the Royal Mail SD ref if you have one.
Shreyasx01 wrote:Amazingly I am in the same situation lol! :lol:

I had called up the UKBA, they said I should wait for the acknowledgement letter and send the missing statement with a cover letter quoting the reference number so that they can identify your application. They also said that they cannot do anything unless you get the acknowledgement letter because the case number is only mentioned on that. So the acknowledgement letter is vital to your application as you need to send the missing statement. You should get it I guess, all of my friends who applied for a PSW got it, but fingers crossed anyway :)

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:56 am

bobobo wrote:that doesnt sound right, if your application is in the system they should have a reference number, they are just being lazy. Call them again and say you need to sedn some information and cant wait for the ack letter hence need the ref number from them over the phone. They might ask your for the Royal Mail SD ref if you have one.

it is right - if they haven't raise the ack letter yet there is probably not a ref number. The application won't even be considered until the applicant has given biometrics so it's fine to just wait until the ack letter is received

ahmed84
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed84 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:22 pm

Greenie wrote:
bobobo wrote:that doesnt sound right, if your application is in the system they should have a reference number, they are just being lazy. Call them again and say you need to sedn some information and cant wait for the ack letter hence need the ref number from them over the phone. They might ask your for the Royal Mail SD ref if you have one.

it is right - if they haven't raise the ack letter yet there is probably not a ref number. The application won't even be considered until the applicant has given biometrics so it's fine to just wait until the ack letter is received
i would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who is giving me all those valuable advise regarding my query.
i have received my acknowledgement letter today with PBS ref no.i would like to know shell i use the changes of circumstance form to inform HO about the issue, or a covering letter stating my ref no?
thank you

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:50 pm

Sometimes ack letters dont reach the applicants and they directly get a Biometric letter. This has happened to a few people on this forum as well, so I dont think we can simply classify "if they haven't raise the ack letter yet there is probably not a ref number"

Greenie wrote:

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:01 pm

An acknowledgement letter is usually always raised but not
necessarily received. In any case the op had called and was told was not yet a reference even though they had the application. I was merely saying that this is not unusual.

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:56 pm

I had called them three times and all of them said the same thing, that I should wait for the acknowledgement letter. They deducted my money on Wednesday so I hope the acknowledgment letter comes tomorrow or atleast by Monday.

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:04 pm

ahmed84 wrote: i would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who is giving me all those valuable advise regarding my query.
i have received my acknowledgement letter today with PBS ref no.i would like to know shell i use the changes of circumstance form to inform HO about the issue, or a covering letter stating my ref no?
thank you
The people whom I talked to from the UKBA told me to send the missing information through a cover letter directly to the address where your application is being processed. They said the address where your application is being processed will be mentioned on the acknowledgement letter and so cover letter can directly go to the case worker rather than work its way through the system which may take time. However, I don't remember if there is an address mentioned on the acknowledgement letter or not.

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi guys, I got the acknowledgement letter today. However there are two addresses mentioned on it, one is the returns address which is Sheffield and the other is where I sent the application i.e. Durham. So where do I send the cover letter and the missing information to? I am confused now, can anyone help me out with this? Thank you. :(

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:10 pm

sheffield address this is where the application is considered by the caseworker. durham is just where they take the payment etc.