ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN application, Marriage Certificate in Foreign language

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kingcedz
Newly Registered

AN application, Marriage Certificate in Foreign language

Post by kingcedz » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:38 pm

Hi all,
I m applying for AN under marriage to BC. Our marriage certificate is not in English as we registered our marriage overseas, what shall I do with it? anyone has any experience?

Thanks very much!

workingmama
- thin ice -

Post by workingmama » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:10 am

Generally you need to get any foreign document translated and then verified by the country you obtained the original from. An embassy from that country can do this I believe.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:47 am

kingcedz, the certificate should be translated into English, and certified by the translation bureau. Then both the original and the certified translation should be supplied with the AN application.

It is not necessary to involve your embassy. The point is that by supplying both the original certificate and the certified translation, UKBA have the opportunity to check the translation, if they wish.

What country are we talking about? Where did you get married?
John