ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The onus is on you to advise of a change of circumstance....

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

andyjohnst

The onus is on you to advise of a change of circumstance....

Post by andyjohnst » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

Might seem like a trivial question but here goes.

Whenever INIS write to you they are clearly pushing the fact that the onus is on the applicant to report any change of circumstance whilst the application is being processed. We started the application on 3 January 2012 and have provided all the "standard" documents they request etc.

Now, my wife is pregnant. We found out about this a while back, after the application was submitted. So we have known for a few weeks/months now. This is a change in circumstance but I don't know if it is applicable to the application or what. Would this be classed as a change in our relationship? I don't know. I mean, I no longer drive to work as petrol is too expensive, I get the bus. This is a change in circumstance. Surely they don't want to know that?

Would this be the sort of things they would want us to tell them or does this have nothing to do with it? Or, would they only be looking for us to report a change in circumstance along the lines of "change of address, change to EU national economical activity"???

What do you think?

Wisco

Post by Wisco » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:24 pm

I think they're looking for change in circumstance like divorce, separation, moving out of the country etc. I wouldn't worry about notifying them of pregnancy- congrats by the way :D
Hopefully it won't be too long of a wait for you either- things really have improved over the past few months!!

andyjohnst

Post by andyjohnst » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:37 pm

Thanks a lot.

I must admit. I have been impressed overall with life in Dublin, in terms of immigration. Email requests/questions to INIS have a turn around of within 24 hours. Written responses/documentation are dealt with/responded to/returned within 5 working days.

Initial application for the visa to come to Ireland was processed in 5 working days (including postage from Azerbaijan to Turkey)

Even the UK Embassy. :shock: They really shocked me! :shock: Wife had 2 visa refusals before we went down the EU route (both for visit visa, they didn't believe she would return home) but the UK Embassy in Dublin turned the visit visa application round in 2 days, and approved.

Would like the RC sooner than the initial 6 months as obtaining schengen visa, I can't be bothered with more paper work and the likes.

When this RC comes through, hopefully valid for 5 years. I won't have to keep up with immigration matters so much. and the worry will ease...then the baby comes :)

xxxtieee

Post by xxxtieee » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:36 am

Wanted add some info from an exchange with Citizenship dept by email.

The dept told me that change of circumstances means that - any changes in your personal or professional life that results in changes to the information provided in your citizenship application.

In your case:

If you had a baby when you were applying for citizenship - you would have had to complete 'section 8: Family details' differently with the details of your child. Therefore, your current circumstance create a situation where you might have to update your application details. Therefore, in my opinion it is a good idea to update them with the details.

However, I know a friend of mine who did not do this and yet had his application approved.

Therefore, it is all up to you. I know it is conflicting information.
If I were you, I would inform them with a birth certificate and passport number.
-xxxtieee-

andyjohnst

Post by andyjohnst » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:20 am

Yeah - Well the baby is not born yet. So would we tell them now that she is pregnant or when she has had the baby?

xxxtieee

Post by xxxtieee » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:26 am

If wouldn't inform the dept until the baby's got an official identify. (Birth Certificate or passport)
-xxxtieee-

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:39 am

andyjohnst wrote:...Would like the RC sooner than the initial 6 months as obtaining schengen visa, I can't be bothered with more paper work and the likes...
You can already travel to Schengen w/o visa, but it´s not always guaranteed to work. See >>here<< and scroll down to "EEA family member without Residence Card (Part 2)".

Rgds, Christian