ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence from Accountancy Firm/Accountant Requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_2010

Evidence from Accountancy Firm/Accountant Requirement

Post by hsmp_2010 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:37 pm

Hello,
I would be applying my T-1 General Extension in June first week. I am working as a contractor with limited company, for previous earning I will be showing payslips, dividend voucher and earning statement generated by my accountancy firm. As per guideline #112- Where an applicant is providing evidence from an accountant or accountancy firm: “If the earnings were for work done while the applicant was in the UK, such evidence must come from an accountant or accountancy firm in the UK who is a member of a recognised supervisory body”.

In my case the accountancy firm is not a member of any of listed supervisory body, however the accountants working in that firms are certified charted accountant and member of ACCA.

I have following queries in this situation:
1. Is that ok to get all the earning proofs on accountancy firm letter heads but prepared and signed by accountant who is ACCA certified member? Please note that accountant doesn’t have his letter head or rubber stamp hence he would neither be able provide these documents on his letter head, nor he would be able to seal it. He insist he would use company stamp to seal the documents wherever required and he would just sign on it. Is this sufficient and would it not lead to a problem?
2. What proof I have to get from my accountant to show that my accountant is ACCA certified?
It will be great help if anybody can guide me on this.

Regards. :?:

hsmp_2010

Post by hsmp_2010 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:48 pm

Can somebody please help me with a kind guidance ?

Mostar95
- thin ice -

Hi

Post by Mostar95 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:16 am

It seems that the accountant you are hiring is only an affiliate of the ACCA(before he becomes a member). He can not sign your accounts but he can do it on his firms papers but if UKBA verifies and the firm denies it then you may be in problem.

hsmp_2010

Post by hsmp_2010 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:50 am

Hi Mostar95,

Thank for the response!
I think he is an ACCA member I checked in the ACCA Directory , and I can find his name on it. And asked this question one year back before hiring he said he is CIRTIFIED chartered accountant.
Would letter from account be sufficient confirming he is ACCA CIRTIFIED ?
If yes what are the details I need to ask accountant to put in the letter ?

Regards

Mostar95
- thin ice -

Hi

Post by Mostar95 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:54 am

Is he allowed to practice from the ACCA? Does he pay professional indemnity insurance?