ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zahra110
- thin ice -

Post by zahra110 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:35 am

Life will completely change now!!!

Impatient ppl enjoy ur single life and bloody wait for 60 wrkmg days!!!!
Application submitted at ISL: 27/01/12
under process at BHC: 09/02/12
READY FOR COLLECTION/VISA GRANTED: 25/04/12

MASHALLAH

el nino

Post by el nino » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:39 am

zahra110 wrote:Life will completely change now!!!

how can u b so mean ZAHRA BAJAJ.....
APP SUBMITTED IN ISL 13/03/12
FORWARD TO OC 13/03/12
PROCESS N BHC 27/03/12

aimsal

Post by aimsal » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:40 am

well I am married not single the status has changed anyway... as for the wait i think i can manage
29-03-2012 Application submitted at Karachi
29-03-2012 application forwarded to islamabad oc
13-04-2012 application forwarded to bhc for process

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:41 am

aimsal wrote:I am acting impatiently
only 20 working days
Aimsal,

Let me give you the best advice I possibly can, now that you have submitted your application, avoid this place for the time being. This place is the worst place to come to during an application. It might be one of the best to come to before and after the application, it's the worst during the application.

Set yourself the timeframe of getting a reply in late June and until then don't worry or stress or get impatient.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:53 am

king2be98 wrote:
aimsal wrote:I am acting impatiently
only 20 working days
Aimsal,

Let me give you the best advice I possibly can, now that you have submitted your application, avoid this place for the time being. This place is the worst place to come to during an application. It might be one of the best to come to before and after the application, it's the worst during the application.

Set yourself the timeframe of getting a reply in late June and until then don't worry or stress or get impatient.
hey
when are you looking to submit ur appeal documents?
its been more then 3 weeks and i havnt even recieved an acknowledement letter yet:/
visa-grante:25.10.12

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:56 am

syma wrote:hey
its been more then 3 weeks and i havnt even recieved an acknowledement letter yet:/
I will submit them as soon as I receive them, probably the end of next week if they use a fast courier. I phone them the other day, that's the IAT, you know what date of appeals they are dealing with at the moment? 15-17 March.

So it seems like everyone is slowing down, disgusting really, since now they are actually charging for appeals.

Honestly there is no stone left unturned in the pursuit of money from these guys.

Based on what the IAT guy said, you will probably hear something in a fortnight or so as it's taking 5/6 weeks for them to process appeals.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:00 am

king2be98 wrote:
syma wrote:hey
I will submit them as soon as I receive them, probably the end of next week if they use a fast courier. I phone them the other day, that's the IAT, you know what date of appeals they are dealing with at the moment? 15-17 March.

So it seems like everyone is slowing down, disgusting really, since now they are actually charging for appeals.

Honestly there is no stone left unturned in the pursuit of money from these guys.

Based on what the IAT guy said, you will probably hear something in a fortnight or so as it's taking 5/6 weeks for them to process appeals.
yea i called and realized they take 6weeks just to start processing it i guess. I am guna call em mid-may to see whats happening.

Tell your fam to send it Via DHL or something not through the Post office u'll get it in 2 or max 3 working days..

ur getting a NADRA marraige certificate aswell right??

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:17 am

syma wrote: ur getting a NADRA marraige certificate aswell right??
No DHL in our town, there is something called TCS which takes 4 days. So should get it by Thursday if they submit tomorrow.

Yes it seems what is missing is the NADRA Marriage Certificate, which is being printed off with the correct details since there were missing details the first time around, got letters from everyone which are stamped, to say it was a chicken up by them.

I'll hopefully has it submitted and fee paid online by 10 May at the latest. I won't use a lawyer, I mean I won't pay one, but I'll get a run through from one of them and submit myself.

It's fairly simple Syma, they refused VISA on thing only, marriage isn't registered with NADRA.

In terms of news for you, I got a friend who appealled for his brother, I think 12 March or around that time, I think he said deadline given was start of September or something, but he had a ton of refusal reasons he did.

hunny2010

Post by hunny2010 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:28 am

king2be- just thought i mention make sure you provide contact details which u have had since submitting your details what ever u have as it is v.important
i dont know if they re-check all papers again with appeals but just to b on safe side bro.

shafareli----- yes this is just a standard email they send out we should defo hear something next week inshallah
visa submitted kharachi:30/01/2012
ready for collection:27/04/2012 pick up monday

ArslanSaeed

expected

Post by ArslanSaeed » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:27 am

@Blitz03 please tell me u got your visa stamped.
Last edited by ArslanSaeed on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:27 am

king2be98 wrote:
syma wrote: ur getting a NADRA marraige certificate aswell right??
No DHL in our town, there is something called TCS which takes 4 days. So should get it by Thursday if they submit tomorrow.

Yes it seems what is missing is the NADRA Marriage Certificate, which is being printed off with the correct details since there were missing details the first time around, got letters from everyone which are stamped, to say it was a chicken up by them.

I'll hopefully has it submitted and fee paid online by 10 May at the latest. I won't use a lawyer, I mean I won't pay one, but I'll get a run through from one of them and submit myself.

It's fairly simple Syma, they refused VISA on thing only, marriage isn't registered with NADRA.

In terms of news for you, I got a friend who appealled for his brother, I think 12 March or around that time, I think he said deadline given was start of September or something, but he had a ton of refusal reasons he did.
hmmmm march to sep seems a lil unusual, normally its 4 and a half months from the submission date.

hunny2010

Post by hunny2010 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:58 am

Salaam my status has finally changed READY FOR COLLECTION but have to pick up on monday plz everyone pray that it is good news
visa submitted kharachi:30/01/2012
ready for collection:27/04/2012 pick up monday

Confucius

Re: Finish Exams

Post by Confucius » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:03 am

Mush2012 wrote:
Confucius wrote:
Mush2012 wrote:
Confucius wrote:Hey Syma thanks for the advice. His exams will be in July and he needs to finalise his project in August.

So I'll try and ask him to come for a while now and then go back for a few months before he returns again permanently in late august
AOA Confucius,

what is your husband studying and what qualification will he achieve.

Allah hafiz

My husband is married Mush, He is not looking for a second wife I don't think :p

He's doing a degree in Engineering
Confucius, all my girls are sorted :)

I was thinling more along the lines of, if the qualification was worth the effort as I worked for Student Loan Company for a while and most degrees from Pakistan just get students into 1st year in the UK Uni's.

Also very few companies will accept them as they are, and he would need a UK qualification to top up his Pak degree.

With the employment situation as it is in the UK, I suppose every little bit helps.

Allah hafiz
phew Mush , you had me worried for a second :oops: just joking. Thanks for the advice. Yes I understand it will be really difficult and the prices for overseas students are sky high too.

I would look at getting him to do a masters in the very near future and as I have told him it will be better for him to work for free to get some experience under his belt than look for a paid job

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:17 am

hunny2010 wrote:Salaam my status has finally changed READY FOR COLLECTION but have to pick up on monday plz everyone pray that it is good news
congrats hunny gud luck for monday

syma
Member of Standing

Re: Finish Exams

Post by syma » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:19 am

Confucius wrote:
Mush2012 wrote:
Confucius wrote:
Mush2012 wrote:
AOA Confucius,

what is your husband studying and what qualification will he achieve.

Allah hafiz

My husband is married Mush, He is not looking for a second wife I don't think :p

He's doing a degree in Engineering
Confucius, all my girls are sorted :)

I was thinling more along the lines of, if the qualification was worth the effort as I worked for Student Loan Company for a while and most degrees from Pakistan just get students into 1st year in the UK Uni's.

Also very few companies will accept them as they are, and he would need a UK qualification to top up his Pak degree.

With the employment situation as it is in the UK, I suppose every little bit helps.

Allah hafiz
phew Mush , you had me worried for a second :oops: just joking. Thanks for the advice. Yes I understand it will be really difficult and the prices for overseas students are sky high too.

I would look at getting him to do a masters in the very near future and as I have told him it will be better for him to work for free to get some experience under his belt than look for a paid job
its abit of coincidence i was looking for info regarding higher studies;
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=101481

looks like even after getting a settlement visa it'll take min 3 yrs for a foreign spouse to have home student status:s

Confucius

Post by Confucius » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:38 am

Rehana wrote:Hi

Congratulations to all those who have recently had good news

@King2be- When preparing your documents for your appeal, I strongly advise that you do this yourself and not hire a solicitor. Nobody else will be able to match your knowledge of your application. I sincerely believe if your able to address the refusal reeasons yourself- which in your case is a fairly simple error then there isn't much to it.

King2be should become an immigration lawyer, he is the Alan Sugar of spouse visas :)

ALLAH tests those who he knows can deal with it , my prayers are with you King2be Bhai

Confucius

Post by Confucius » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:59 am

Shatif wrote:Hi everybody

Pls can somebody give me a detailed list of all the documents required from pak as getting brothers paperwork ready father in Pakistan.

Also a testing centre for english test near Gujarat, Lahore

When u register marriage with Nadra do they automatically get marriage certificate or do u have to ask for is it in english or Urdu also original nikha Nama can be translated into English who do I need to get it attested from

Thank u in advance

Hey Docs required from your spouse based in Pk

Language Test Certificate
TB Test Certificate
Passport
Shanaakti Card Copy
Nikah Naama
English translated and stamped by Council (in answer to your second question, you need to request this normally)
Cards and Envelopes that you would have sent to them from the UK
Email, Skype, BBM emails printed from your spouses side

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Confucius wrote:King2be should become an immigration lawyer, he is the Alan Sugar of spouse visas :)

ALLAH tests those who he knows can deal with it , my prayers are with you King2be Bhai
I'm actually a server engineer, wouldn't dream of leaving the profession.

Don't worry abotu me, it's all good, a few more months away from the wife, that's all. It's my wife who I'm concerned about, she's been very upset since.

Good luck with married life Confucius, remember to always help others out on here or elsewhere, cause we;'ve been lucky enough to get a lot of help on here too.

As for my appeal, it'll be fine Insha'Allah.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:30 pm

Confucius wrote: Hey Docs required from your spouse based in Pk

Language Test Certificate
TB Test Certificate
Passport
Shanaakti Card Copy
Nikah Naama
English translated and stamped by Council (in answer to your second question, you need to request this normally)
Cards and Envelopes that you would have sent to them from the UK
Email, Skype, BBM emails printed from your spouses side
Also NADRA Registered Marriage certificate with correct dates and ID numbers, speak to your local union council in person for this, don't ask anyone else to do it.

ArslanSaeed

Post by ArslanSaeed » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:39 pm

hunny2010 wrote:Salaam my status has finally changed READY FOR COLLECTION but have to pick up on monday plz everyone pray that it is good news
Inshallah u will get visa.

Blitz03

Re: Still waiting ...

Post by Blitz03 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:52 pm

shafareli wrote:I got a reply from the BHC with regards to my query on how much more longer it will take ...

Dear Mr. Xxxxxxx

Thank you for your email, enquiring about the progress of your visa application.  I can confirm that the application is currently being processed but we cannot make a decision until all of our checks have been completed.  We will do this as soon as we can.  You can track the progress of your application at the Visa Application Centre (Gerry’s) website at www.ukvacpk.com .

Yours sincerely,
Visa Enquiry Desk

Thank you,

Pretty standard reply, I don't think there's any chance of receiving an update today, ah well keep on waiting I guess until, next week :(
Get in touch with your local MP, I have a feeling we should hear by end of this month..

Blitz03

Re: expected

Post by Blitz03 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:54 pm

ArslanSaeed wrote:@Blitz03 please tell me u got your visa stamped.

Not heard anything yet.. Been in touch with my MP lets see what he can do?

I adivse you to do the same. Lets see what the interim holds for me!
Last edited by Blitz03 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blitz03

Post by Blitz03 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:56 pm

All the best Inshallah

*Nazia
BANNED

Re: expected

Post by *Nazia » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:10 pm

[quote="Blitz03"][quote="ArslanSaeed"]@Blitz03 please tell me u got your visa stamped.[/quot

Not heard anything yet.. Been in touch with my MP lets see what he can do?

I adivse you to do the same. Lets see what the interim holds for me![/quote

Shall we only email our MP after 60working days?
09/03/2012 Application Submitted - Mirpur
03/03/2012 Application Forwarded - Islamabad OC
23/03/2012 Application Forwarded - BHC For Process

Waiting: 68 working days

zahra110
- thin ice -

Post by zahra110 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:43 pm

aimsal wrote:

well I am married not single the status has changed anyway... as for the wait i think i can manage[/quote

yah but when ur wife is with u...life will change completely

no more freeeeeeeedom hehehehe
Application submitted at ISL: 27/01/12
under process at BHC: 09/02/12
READY FOR COLLECTION/VISA GRANTED: 25/04/12

MASHALLAH