ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel To Europe

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kenc
United Kingdom

Travel To Europe

Post by kenc » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:29 pm

I have not needed to post since my wife received her EEA2 but now we are planning summer holidays I need to request advice.
I am British, my wife is Indonesian and has an Immigration Status Document (A4 ASL 2150) that states it is a Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National. We previously lived together in Cyprus, entered UK on a Family Permit and applied for EEA2 on taking up residence here.

I am sure that this question has been asked before but after considerable searching of the boards and a lot of reading I have become confused.

We have not yet planned where to go for holidays, possibly Spain. My question is this. We will be travelling together so will we need to apply for a Schengen Visa for my wife?

From a posting on the boards I found Timatic (I think that is what it was called) website. I cannot find the relevant post again but via the website and using Skyteam for Visa and Health information it would appear that we don't need a Visa but other posts on the board have caused me confusion.

I hope some helpful person can shed some light and perhaps even indicate what countries in Europe we can visit visa-free. I know that we can visit Cyprus having returned a number of times. We are now looking for a change.

Many thanks
Ken

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:59 pm

Have a look through this thread. If you still have questions, best to ask your questions there.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 29&start=0

EUsmileWEallsmile

A4 ISD

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:48 am

kenc wrote:... and has an Immigration Status Document (A4 ASL 2150) that states it is a Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National...
Do you find this inconvenient? Why don't you read this?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=99483