ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mtpsk

Post by mtpsk » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:05 am

Panda_0077 wrote:
mtpsk wrote:
Panda_0077 wrote:
Thats awesome mtpsk!! thanks for the update!
Thanks Panda... I hope your docs are on its way since you have applied a day before me, from the previous posts in this threads I think they do the pending applications on thursday's so it arrive on saturday.

The approval letter for my application is dated 19/4/2012.

Regards
@mtpsk, you are absolutely right, my passport and documents arrived today (1hr ago)! I am truly lucky that my MP stepped in, because I just checked my ILR approval letter and the envelope, its being sent out from Liverpool! And I applied in person, premium service in Croydon!

Great your wait is over and congrats I applied at croydon but the additional doc was requested for liverpool address I think somthing has changed from 29/2/2012 and the pending applications were processed from liverpool office.

mtpsk

Re: applied at 22/03/2012, and deferred for a letter

Post by mtpsk » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:24 am

kadirSa wrote:I have applied on 22/03/12 and caseworker deferred my application. I read someone's post and was mentioning about document request letter containing address of Croydon peo and saying that applications are hold at Croydon not Liverpool, but the letter my caseworker gave to me was showing Liverpool address and he said all applications are sent to Liverpool.

I have sent the document they have requested to Liverpool.

Is that mean that I have sent the letter they have requested to wrong peo.

Please help because my visa is expring 26 april.

Also the document request letter did not have any case ID or reference number. ( I have called Home Office but they have said they cannot provide any information about applications less than six months. Even giving the case number)

I do not know what to do

And I am panicing now.
I had the same situation and I have sent the add docs to
LIVSETW
100 Old Hall Street,
The Plaza, 1st Floor,
Liverpool
L3 9QJ

Your application will be processed there and you will either get a call from UKBA to collect your docs from croydon office or sent to you by post.

Regarding reference no. as long as you have mentioned your home office refernce number(if you have one) which will be in the letter they gave you and your Name/Nationality/DOB you should be fine.. and they will link with your application.

Dont worry about your visa expiry date as long as you have applied before your visa expiry you are legal and also if there is a a problem with
an application which has expired visa they will give the option of appeal which is not give to one with visa.

from the previous posts I think you will have to wait for few weeks good luck with your application

mtpsk

Post by mtpsk » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:34 am

chweetgurl wrote: Nothing for me today starting to wonder if they will ever get back to me :(
Hi, I think your application was on 8th and now they understood the process and have started processing pending applications for biometric applied since 29/02/2012.I think its gonna be next week, keep your fingers crossed and look for the post/phone call next week. good luck

Panda_0077
Newly Registered

Post by Panda_0077 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:30 pm

chweetgurl wrote:
Panda_0077 wrote:
mtpsk wrote:
Panda_0077 wrote:
Thanks Panda... I hope your docs are on its way since you have applied a day before me, from the previous posts in this threads I think they do the pending applications on thursday's so it arrive on saturday.

Regards
@mtpsk, you are absolutely right, my passport and documents arrived today (1hr ago)! I am truly lucky that my MP stepped in, because I just checked my ILR approval letter and the envelope, its being sent out from Liverpool! And I applied in person, premium service in Croydon!
Congrats Panda, The wait is over for you :)
Thank you, I hope you will get some good news soon as well!!

Panda_0077
Newly Registered

Post by Panda_0077 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:33 pm

mtpsk wrote:
Panda_0077 wrote:
mtpsk wrote:
Panda_0077 wrote:

Regards

Great your wait is over and congrats I applied at croydon but the additional doc was requested for liverpool address I think somthing has changed from 29/2/2012 and the pending applications were processed from liverpool office.
Thank you!! :D

mtpsk

Post by mtpsk » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:30 am

UPDATE

Date Applied (at PEO-Croydon) : 1st March 2012

Date additional documents received at UKBA(Liverpool) : 6th Mar 2012

Date ILR approved letter: 19th April 2012

Date Call received : 19th April 2012

Date Passports Received : 20th April 2012 (in person at croydon)

Date Biometric residence permit received: 23rd April 2012 (Dated-19th April 2012)

kadirSa
Newly Registered

Post by kadirSa » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:08 pm

[quote="mtpsk"]UPDATE

Date Applied (at PEO-Croydon) : 1st March 2012

Date additional documents received at UKBA(Liverpool) : 6th Mar 2012

Date ILR approved letter: 19th April 2012

Date Call received : 19th April 2012

Date Passports Received : 20th April 2012 (in person at croydon)

Date Biometric residence permit received: 23rd April 2012 (Dated-19th April 2012)[/quote]

According to your statement my indefinite might come on 10 may

What time did they call you?

mtpsk

Post by mtpsk » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:23 am

kadirSa wrote:
What time did they call you?
I got around 9.30 am

ramay

Post by ramay » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:48 pm

chweetgurl wrote:I posted requesting information to Chief Inspector of the UK Border Agency
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... _standards

Waiting to see what they, If anyone has questions regarding the service(not application) please reply . There should surely be some accountability?

I was referring to these reports http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... n%20v1.pdf

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... on-peo.pdf
You should ask them too why we at Croydon could not see caseworker anymore? Premium fee includes two things: same day service and direct contact with caseworker(if any questions -you are able answer immediately)
Last edited by ramay on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:55 am

Hi guys,
I applied on the 16th of April at the Croydon PEO and just recieved the dreaded further enquiry letter. Not sure what the problem can be as my application is a straight forward HSMP to TIER1 application. I have been in the same job for 4 years and did my TIER1 application/renewal while working for the same employer and earning more than the required treshold.
I am hoping to hear from anybody that may have been in a similar situation (both past and present)

ibroxy
Newly Registered

Post by ibroxy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:34 pm

Bash1oo wrote:Hi guys,
I applied on the 16th of April at the Croydon PEO and just recieved the dreaded further enquiry letter. Not sure what the problem can be as my application is a straight forward HSMP to TIER1 application. I have been in the same job for 4 years and did my TIER1 application/renewal while working for the same employer and earning more than the required treshold.
I am hoping to hear from anybody that may have been in a similar situation (both past and present)
I was in your situation recently and it took them 38 days to get me my ILR.
Mine was straight forward like yours as i was HSMP to Tier1 and has been on the same job for 4.5 yr.

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Thx ibroxy, i am so glad to hear from someone that has been in the same circumstances particularly since the time line does not look too bad. Did they give you any clue as to why they had to do more checks? Any thoughts at all?
Also what are your exact dates? As in date applied, when you got a response (a phone call or somethig) ....thx

Bash

ibroxy
Newly Registered

Post by ibroxy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:21 pm

Bash1oo wrote:Thx ibroxy, i am so glad to hear from someone that has been in the same circumstances particularly since the time line does not look too bad. Did they give you any clue as to why they had to do more checks? Any thoughts at all?
Also what are your exact dates? As in date applied, when you got a response (a phone call or somethig) ....thx

Bash
I made a in person application in croydon 0n the 13th of march. they said they need to do further check When I did not get any phone call from them for a month (they promise to contact me by phone in two or three days) I call my local MP to who was able to speak with ukba. A week after that (20th April) my MP called me to tell me that he got a call from ukba that my application has been approved and my documents is on the way.
In my own opinion, I think ukba in croydon are understaffed as they can not cope with the volume of work and at the same time want to make more money from premium application.
My advice to all those with straight forward case is to avoid croydon at all cost or get ready for for some anxious days if you are unlucky

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:30 pm

ibroxy, thx for the reponse. Looks like I will have to buckle myself up for a long wait, fingers crossed and lets hope the aftermath is positive. Thanks again

coolbawa
Newly Registered

Thanks Ibroxy - in same boat

Post by coolbawa » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:39 pm

ibroxy wrote:
Bash1oo wrote:Thx ibroxy, i am so glad to hear from someone that has been in the same circumstances particularly since the time line does not look too bad. Did they give you any clue as to why they had to do more checks? Any thoughts at all?

Bash
I made a in person application in croydon 0n the 13th of march. they said they need to do further check When I did not get any phone call from them for a month (they promise to contact me by phone in two or three days) I call my local MP to who was able to speak with ukba. A week after that (20th April) my MP called me to tell me that he got a call from ukba that my application has been approved and my documents is on the way.
In my own opinion, I think ukba in croydon are understaffed as they can not cope with the volume of work and at the same time want to make more money from premium application.
My advice to all those with straight forward case is to avoid croydon at all cost or get ready for for some anxious days if you are unlucky
I applied on mar 14th but havent heard anything till date, may be involving MP in made difference in your case. I am planning to do so as well wihtin this week. I have got appointment with MP this Friday. Do you have any contact number where your helpful MP called to UKBA? Any more important tips for my request to MP? Thanks in advance...

antipodeantransplant
Newly Registered

Post by antipodeantransplant » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:56 am

Date Applied (at PEO-Croydon) : 21st March 2012

Date additional documents received PEO : 22nd Mar 2012

Date ILR approved letter: 23th April 2012

Date Passports Received : 25th April 2012 (delivered Signature Required with Royal Mail)

Date Biometric residence permit received: still waiting

I've found this forum really helpful, and so thought I'd share my experiences to return the favour:

I applied for SET(O) after living and working here for 5 years under my Ancestry Visa (I'm from New Zealand) and since the forms looked pretty straight forward, I filled in the paper work and booked a premium application at Croydon. I work for a large multinational and travel a lot on business trips - 400+ days away in the last 5 years. Since I did no research other than to follow the actual application form and guidance document, I was stunned to be told that they needed confirmation from my company that my trips were for business reasons. I returned to the office and had my team's assistant write a latter using my carefully prepared spreadsheet of trips as a guide, and couriered the letter back to Croydon PEO the next day.

Then I waited for some confirmation, phone call, email *anything* from the PEO, but heard nothing for two weeks. By this time I'd already had to cancel some business trips, and was getting worried and frustrated at the opacity of the whole process. I called the only contact number I could find and was told that they couldn’t tell me anything about my case, but that my application would now a become postal application and was told the 95% within 6 months target.

Some Google searching led me here, where I found more information than anywhere on the UKBA website. If only I'd come here first I would have saved myself a great deal of worry!

Several weeks of worry pass. Finally, I returned home late last night to find a "while you were out" note for Royal Mail. This morning I picked up the package from my mail centre - my passports, documents and confirmation letter were all there :D now I just have to wait for my residents permit...

My biggest frustration and criticism with the process is that the whole month of stress worry and additional work could have been avoided if the actual forms and guidance from UKBA contained the correct information. Why they don't is beyond me. I suspect that a simple change to the form could actually save UKBA many man hours of additional work, not to mention the additional work and stress created for applicants.

vtp11321
Newly Registered

Post by vtp11321 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:31 pm

antipodeantransplant wrote:Date Applied (at PEO-Croydon) : 21st March 2012

Date additional documents received PEO : 22nd Mar 2012

Date ILR approved letter: 23th April 2012

Date Passports Received : 25th April 2012 (delivered Signature Required with Royal Mail)

Date Biometric residence permit received: still waiting

I've found this forum really helpful, and so thought I'd share my experiences to return the favour:

I applied for SET(O) after living and working here for 5 years under my Ancestry Visa (I'm from New Zealand) and since the forms looked pretty straight forward, I filled in the paper work and booked a premium application at Croydon. I work for a large multinational and travel a lot on business trips - 400+ days away in the last 5 years. Since I did no research other than to follow the actual application form and guidance document, I was stunned to be told that they needed confirmation from my company that my trips were for business reasons. I returned to the office and had my team's assistant write a latter using my carefully prepared spreadsheet of trips as a guide, and couriered the letter back to Croydon PEO the next day.

Then I waited for some confirmation, phone call, email *anything* from the PEO, but heard nothing for two weeks. By this time I'd already had to cancel some business trips, and was getting worried and frustrated at the opacity of the whole process. I called the only contact number I could find and was told that they couldn’t tell me anything about my case, but that my application would now a become postal application and was told the 95% within 6 months target.

Some Google searching led me here, where I found more information than anywhere on the UKBA website. If only I'd come here first I would have saved myself a great deal of worry!

Several weeks of worry pass. Finally, I returned home late last night to find a "while you were out" note for Royal Mail. This morning I picked up the package from my mail centre - my passports, documents and confirmation letter were all there :D now I just have to wait for my residents permit...

My biggest frustration and criticism with the process is that the whole month of stress worry and additional work could have been avoided if the actual forms and guidance from UKBA contained the correct information. Why they don't is beyond me. I suspect that a simple change to the form could actually save UKBA many man hours of additional work, not to mention the additional work and stress created for applicants.
Congrats Antipod...I applied in PEO on 17th of Feb and still waiting...like you I had many trips abroad...Could you tell me if any of your business related trips were more than 90 days at a stretch? Also when was ur current leave to remain expiring?

I am completely frustrated with UKBA....have come to a point dont have feelings anymore....

anyways...hoping to hear from u....

antipodeantransplant
Newly Registered

Post by antipodeantransplant » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:43 pm

[quote="vtp11321"]Congrats Antipod...I applied in PEO on 17th of Feb and still waiting...like you I had many trips abroad...Could you tell me if any of your business related trips were more than 90 days at a stretch? Also when was ur current leave to remain expiring?

I am completely frustrated with UKBA....have come to a point dont have feelings anymore....

anyways...hoping to hear from u....[/quote]

My longest business trip was 17 days, but most were less than 7. My longest period away for personal reasons was 32 days.

I was away on holiday for most of the 28 day window, and only returned on the 20th of March. My visa Ancestry Visa expired on 23rd March.

When I arrived at Heathrow on the 20th I had all my documents for my SET(O) application in my bag, as I was expecting to be asked what my plans were when my visa expired in three days time. However I wasn't asked a single question...

siva0123
Newly Registered

Post by siva0123 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:25 pm

Date Applied : 28th March 2012 - Croydon PEO

Additional Documents sent : 30th March 2012 ( Employee Letter for absence of more than 90 Days ,. Infact I was outside UK for 308 Days)

Date of Biometric Card Recieved : 26th April 2012

Strange thing is I am yet to recieve my Paspport and Documents back.

Anyhow I am not worried that much now as I know that I have my ILR with me now.

Will wait for couple of more days before checking with UKBA for my passport

Thanks for all the members in this forum. You have been my real strenght for the last one month . It was such an agonising wait.

Thanks again to you all and I wish the others who are waiting for their decison will get it soon
Thanks
Siva

vtp11321
Newly Registered

Post by vtp11321 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:40 pm

Siva,

Could you please advise of when your leave to remain was going to expire?

Regards,
VTP

siva0123
Newly Registered

Post by siva0123 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:26 pm

VTP

I had my Tier 2 ICT visa valid untill 2014 February ..

But didnt wanted to wait untill then , As I was eligible for ILR by March 17th , I went ahead and applied for it.

There were 308 days of Total absence in my 5 year stay but none more than 80 days at a stretch.

But since the total absence was more than 180 days , they wanted a letter from Employer ( I know in my previous post i have mentioned this as more than 90 days.. All in excitement) which i submited on 30th March.

regards
siva

feigoronin

ILR Granted at Solihull PEO

Post by feigoronin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Got my ILR approved today(26-04-2012) at Solihull (Birmingham) PEO. Had my appointment at 1 pm. Went in at 12:30pm. All the staff members were very cordial. Was sent to a case workers counter 5 mins before my scheduled time. 1st sent to a wrong window by one of the staff members but this was quickly corrected and was immediately sent to the right case worker (don't forget to ask for your token number receipt soon after security check if you are not issued with one at this centre).

The lady caseworker(I think this PEO has mostly female case workers) was very cordial. 1st asked for application form, passport and BRP only. Made few checks on her PC while taking some notes on a form at the same time. After few mins she asked for last 12 months payslips and bank statements. Lastly she asked for Life in UK Test pass certificate. She verified these and then went away for few mins with the passport and BRP to conduct some checks. All finished in less than 10 mins I guess. Not a single question asked about anything. No photocopies of any documents asked. The lady informed me that she is happy to grant me ILR. She returned my passport and kept the original payslips and bank statements with her.

Was asked to pay the visa fee at counter 6 and then wait for biometrics. The lady at payment counter was nice too. Spoke about weather Smile. Payment done, I was called for biometrics in next 5 mins. Here again very warm treatment and it was all done in 5 mins. The lady told me to either wait at the centre or I can go out for a coffee or some food as it would take about 1.5 hours to conduct the checks against the biometrics.

I popped out, had some food and took a round of Solihull shopping centre and was back at 3:10. My documents were not ready yet and was asked to wait. I got my original payslips, bank statements, Life in UK Test pass certificate with my approval letter at 3:30. Was told that I will get my BRP card in post in next 7-10 days.

I had 208 days of absence with largest absence of 74 days in last 5 years. Nothing asked regarding this. I entered UK on WP and then switched to Tier-1. Overall I had a very good experience at Solihull PEO (as against Croydon PEO where I had been last year for my Tier 1 extension and had to wait for 4 hours just for my biometrics).

I noticed that their IT system was responding slow to bimetric checks today. They conducted biometrics for some people twice to "push for a faster turnaround than wait for results of previous one". Thanks to all the members for their feedback and help.

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:26 pm

Any news coolbawa and any other person waiting to hear from UKBA?

coolbawa
Newly Registered

No Luck yet!! still waiting

Post by coolbawa » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:39 pm

No I have not received anything from UKBA applied on 14 March at PEO Croydon with Premium Service (what a joke...)

lahore2664
BANNED

Post by lahore2664 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:15 pm

Applied PEO Croydon SET ( O) on 30th March

Additional Check letter given the day and since that day no news...

Exactly 4 long and painful weeks.

What can i say ?