ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Photocopies

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mehulsanghvi
Newly Registered

Photocopies

Post by mehulsanghvi » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Hello,

I am applying for ILR on 8th May (HSMP+Tier1) with 3 dependents.

Q1: Do I need to self attest all the photocopies?

Q2: Do I need to carry photocopies of passports as well?

Q3: I've read in other posts that if there are "IT issues" the applicant is asked to submit all documents in a folder. In such a case, would I need to submit photocopies as well?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

coolbawa
Newly Registered

Post by coolbawa » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:51 pm

Hi, just to share my experience at Croydon, when I applied I was prepared with photocopies and all but after done with Biometrics I was called at counter 27 (if I am not wrong) and person sitting collected my documents and I was not even aware that he is not the CW but just the clerk collecting documents, good I had all the original documents in one folder otherwise I would have missed (I did not gave any photocopies as I was not aware if I would not be given chance to see CW). After taking the documents I was told to wait for the call. I was thinking that I will get an oppurtunity to see CW and explain and present any documents if needed but outcome was that after waiting for nearly 5 hours I was handed over with letter for further enquiries (nothing mentioned about IT issues etc) and still waiting....

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:17 pm

mehulsanghvi, I got my ILR approved at Solihull with 3 dependants on 24th April. It’s advisable to take copies of at least all previous passports, visas, 12 bank statements, 12 pay slips, and cohabitation documents.

My case worker asked me for the photocopies for all of the above.

If you don’t have them, the case workers have to do it themselves which takes extra time.

mehulsanghvi
Newly Registered

Post by mehulsanghvi » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:45 pm

@coolbawa
Sorry to hear about your experience and to be honest I am dreading similar situation for myself and want to be prepared for it.
Can you kindly provide a list of documents that you submitted in the folder and what addition evidences/information have they now asked for?

@linkers
Thanks for that.
Did you self attest the copies?

Regards

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:52 pm

no need to self attest. just normal copies