ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New HSMP- Age Evidence (Proof of Age)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nnj10

New HSMP- Age Evidence (Proof of Age)

Post by nnj10 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:02 pm

Dear All,

I am applying for HSMP next month.
The new HSMP guide notes says, one needs to sumit either ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR ORIGINAL FULL DRIVING LICENCE ; as required evidence.

I have the birth certificate which is in local language (Non-English), and is somewhat mutilated. My Indian driving licence is just a smart card (credit card size), covering my DOB; issued 6 years back and my face is not quite visible on that.

I am really confused, what evidence should I submit?
There is a way out by submitting a notarized copy of the personal detail of passport which covers the Date of Birth, but again for that one need to justify the reason, why the required evidence is not submitted (As the passport copy is accepted as an Exceptional Evidence).

I do not want to loose any points in the AGE category, if I do so I will not be able to make the required 75 points cut-off. Can i get a duplicate Birth Certificate? or should I send the original certificate with the certified transalator's copy on the same.

Request Senior Members and Moderators to please guide.
I believe a lot many applicants would come across this problem, once they start filling up the forms.

Thanks all in advance.
NNJ10
:? :? :?

moganlal

Age Proof--Under new system

Post by moganlal » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:45 am

Hi,
I too have the same problem, to make matters worse I dont have a driving license at all. Could some one please tell if I can get a birth certificate in English now(current date)?
Or should it be a translated copy? if so who are the certified translators in Uk or in India?
Oh god its gettting tougher and tougher.
Please help.
many thanks,
Moganlal