ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tcbrasil

Re: FLR(M)

Post by tcbrasil » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi billnome,

Your timeline is quite similar to mine because I also applied on the 18th Jan and til today im still waiting. So I don't know what is going on with the UKBA, because anniecc applied after us and fortunatelly she's already got everything back. So i'm starting to think that they give priority to certain types of visa. What was your previous visa?
billnome wrote:Hi
Any latest news guys:
Applied: 18th Jan, 2012
Biometrics Done: 16th Feb, 2012
T0day 17th Apr, 2012: STILL WAITING

Is that normal?
any one else been waiting like this?

billnome
Newly Registered

waitinghi

Post by billnome » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi
My visa was tier 4 as well. I been living with my wife for past 2 years, my son is a year okd. But I applied late, I provide them all evidence. Let c what happened. What is ur nationality

tcbrasil

Re: waitinghi

Post by tcbrasil » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:56 pm

I'm Brazilian. What about you?
billnome wrote:Hi
My visa was tier 4 as well. I been living with my wife for past 2 years, my son is a year okd. But I applied late, I provide them all evidence. Let c what happened. What is ur nationality

bcd1
Newly Registered

FLR(M)

Post by bcd1 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:25 pm

So it seems you (tcbrasil & billnome) have been waiting a good while as well ...

My wife's visa (she's Filipino) is from a Fiance Visa to a Spouse Visa.

I really hope we don't have the wait six months to before they'll tell what's happening.

I was checking back in some earlier forums and UKBA used to let you check progress after 12 weeks but they have now pushed that out to a whopping 6 months.

Hope you all get the visas/passport soon ...

Bernard

billnome
Newly Registered

re

Post by billnome » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Well thats right. Hopefully not 6 months. Mine 13th week going on. I m pakistani national.
Some says it should b within 16 weeks. Whatever, but y 6 months while if u pay 300 extra 24hrs decision. Thats not fair at all
[/quote]

auzaman

flr m no acknowledgement received

Post by auzaman » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi All,
I applied for flr (m) for my wife on 7th March and the special delivery was received by HO on 10th of April but still have not received any acknowledgement letter...any one in similar situation?

tcbrasil

Re: flr m no acknowledgement received

Post by tcbrasil » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:17 pm

Mine didn't even come. I only received the Biometric letter. Hope you get yours soon.
auzaman wrote:Hi All,
I applied for flr (m) for my wife on 7th March and the special delivery was received by HO on 10th of April but still have not received any acknowledgement letter...any one in similar situation?

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:09 pm

What was your method of Payment? they dont send an ack letter until payment is deducted (If you specified ur card details) they longed it out for me too and wont send an ack letter for a whole month and a bit then i withdrew my app and reapplied with postal orders which i think is better than debit card cause sometimes ur banks deny large payments to counter fraudulent transactions. Might be an idea to give ur bank a ring and ask if UKBA has tried charging u any money if not inform them that there will be large transaction going through ur bank account so they leave a note on ur bank account about ur instruction if running out of time withdraw and reapply (Like i did)

I have seen cases where people have been granted visas without an ack letter (Maybe lost in post i dono) but there have been instances get it a couple of weeks if u still got time on ur visa

Hope this helped

auzaman

Post by auzaman » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:34 pm

njoy1987 wrote:
What was your method of Payment? they dont send an ack letter until payment is deducted (If you specified ur card details) they longed it out for me too and wont send an ack letter for a whole month and a bit then i withdrew my app and reapplied with postal orders which i think is better than debit card cause sometimes ur banks deny large payments to counter fraudulent transactions. Might be an idea to give ur bank a ring and ask if UKBA has tried charging u any money if not inform them that there will be large transaction going through ur bank account so they leave a note on ur bank account about ur instruction if running out of time withdraw and reapply (Like i did)

I have seen cases where people have been granted visas without an ack letter (Maybe lost in post i dono) but there have been instances get it a couple of weeks if u still got time on ur visa

Hope this helped

I gave my debit card details. They have not deducted the fees from my account yet. I don't think 500-600 is an amount which can make my bank think that its a fraudlent activity.

leopold
Newly Registered

Post by leopold » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:33 pm

my lawyer just called me and told me that my documents have arrived but theres no letter in there saying wether irs been approoved or not but said he thinks that bio metrics card will come in 7 days is any one here in similar situation like documents have been delivered but no letter mentioning wether the visa is been granted or not.......I'm really worried......don't know wat to do.....

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:23 am

my lawyer just called me and told me that my documents have arrived but theres no letter in there saying wether irs been approoved or not but said he thinks that bio metrics card will come in 7 days is any one here in similar situation like documents have been delivered but no letter mentioning wether the visa is been granted or not.......I'm really worried......don't know wat to do.....
They don't actually send you a letter to say your visa has been approved - receipt of the biometric card is the only confirmation you will get. They send back the documents separately with a letter that says you should expect your biometric card within 7 days. If that's the letter your lawyer has received, that means that your application has been approved. I was lucky because my biometric card arrived first, otherwise I would have been confused too.

leopold
Newly Registered

Post by leopold » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:25 pm

anniecc wrote:
They don't actually send you a letter to say your visa has been approved - receipt of the biometric card is the only confirmation you will get. They send back the documents separately with a letter that says you should expect your biometric card within 7 days. If that's the letter your lawyer has received, that means that your application has been approved. I was lucky because my biometric card arrived first, otherwise I would have been confused too.
yes thats the letter we have received so that means my visa is approved then coz my lawyer said we have to wait for biometrics card .........i hope i get that soon.
my time line
date application sent. 29th jan 2012
date acknowledgment letter recievd. 7th feb 2012 but letter was dated 2nd feb 2012
biometrics letter recievd. 16th mar 2012 but letter was dated 14th mar 2012
biometrics done at post office on 19th mar 2012
date passports and document recievd. 23rd mar 2012
now waiting for biometrics card.

Ram_R
Newly Registered

Post by Ram_R » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:20 pm

Hi All

I am bit worried now, i applied on 21st of Jan still waiting for documents & bio-metric card. Where some guys who applied afterwards already got it. Don't know what criteria/in what order they are processing the apps. Please keep updating if and when docs/cards are received.

Thanks for all the contributors.

Applied: 21/01/12
ACK:7/02/12
Biometrics Sent: 07/03/12
Still awaiting for the docs & card
VISA: Tier 1 depedent to Spouse

bcd1
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Passport and Biometric Permit/VISA finally received

Post by bcd1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:37 am

Hello to All.

Our final timeline for FLR(M) from a fiance visa to spouse visa :

Date Docs sent: 26/01/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 01/02/12
Date bio-metrics booking letter received: 5/03/12
Date bio-metrics enrolled (at Oxford post office): 6/03/12
Date passport/docs received: 21/04/12
Date BRP received: 25/04/12

13 weeks in total.

I hope the waiting isn't too long for everyone else ...

leopold
Newly Registered

Post by leopold » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:01 pm

leopold wrote:
anniecc wrote:
yes thats the letter we have received so that means my visa is approved then coz my lawyer said we have to wait for biometrics card .........i hope i get that soon.
my time line
date acknowledgment letter recievd. 7th feb 2012 but letter was dated 2nd feb 2012

FINALLY I GOT MY BRP CARD.......THE WAIT IS OVER PEACE OF MIND FOR 2 YEARS!.......good luck people hope youll get your visas soon.

gabysls
Newly Registered

Post by gabysls » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:11 pm

leopold wrote:
leopold wrote:
anniecc wrote:
my time line

FINALLY I GOT MY BRP CARD.......THE WAIT IS OVER PEACE OF MIND FOR 2 YEARS!.......good luck people hope youll get your visas soon.
Well done Leopold. Congratulations :D

tcbrasil

BRP card

Post by tcbrasil » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:17 pm

Congratulations, leopold!
leopold wrote:
leopold wrote:
anniecc wrote:
my time line

Steveodogbiscuit
Newly Registered

Any help appreciated

Post by Steveodogbiscuit » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:52 pm

Hello all,

I applied initially for FLR (M) Back last March 2011, it was rejected as the fees had changed, we then re-applied in April 2011 and paid online and they received our payment but there was a computer error and we couldn't complete the online application or retrieve where we left off so we effectively paid without completing the application.

After several phone calls to clueless phone staff eventually one English guy suggested we do the physical FLR (M) form and attach the bank statement to it showing the transaction online.

Again the Home office rejected the application and cited payment was not correctly made although we had clearly paid and we were not prepared to pay twice as the money was irretrievable at that time.

After consulting with an immigration lawyer it was clear to me we had every right to make the application as it was, as payment was clearly made but the lazy or inept staff were not keen on verifying the bank statement and transaction details, so with a strongly worded letter we then again sent the application some time in August 2011 (It took that long with all the yo yo'ing with the UKBA and getting advice)

My wife then received her Biometrics form and appointment which she attended in Nov 2011.

It is now Nearly May 2012 and we have not heard a single thing from the UKBA ad they have stopped taking phone calls from people, there seems to be nobody to turn to, we have even written to our Local MP Stephen Hammond and he has willingly tried on our behalf but has had no joy and admitted it would be hard to obtain information as it is dealt with internally.

We have even taken to writing to the prime minister but as yet NO reply =)

Does anybody know of anyone that might be able to help our plight, we are not in a financial position to hire lawyers or anything like that.

Clearly from the initial application it has been over a year and myself, my wife and our 6 month old baby boy would just like to get on with our lives.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

For your information my wife is Japanese, her visa was a YMP Youth Mobility programme or something and her visa expired June 2011.

Thank you!!

endivolac
Newly Registered

Post by endivolac » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:57 pm

Applied/Docs sent: 12/12/11
Received Ack. Letter: 19/12/11
Biometrics booking letter arrived: 13/02/12
Biometrics Appointment Glasgow Office: 17/02/12

HO Requesting Additional Docs: 20/04/12
New Docs Recieved by HO: 23/04/12

Docs/Passport/Letter Saying Permit Will Arrive: 28/04/12
Biometric Card Received from HO:

Visa Type: FLR(M) for spouse
Visa From: Fiancee

Very happy to have passports and docs returned today with a letter saying that my biometric permit will arrive within 10 working days! It seems the UKBA doesn't actually give a letter saying 'Approved', just that you will get your permit. Thank you to all the advice given by members here, very stressful process that I would not wish on anyone! I wish everyone else good luck and a speedy processing time.

For others waiting, I would strongly suggest writing to your MP (you can find your one on a gov website) and ask to make an enquiry. Mine made an enquiry by email and 4 days later, I received a letter asking for some more docs. Although this was very irritating (basically meant the application hadn't been looked at for 4 months), it meant that someone was at least assigned (was given a named contact to post documents to). Once the docs were recieved by the UKBA, it was approved in 3 days. I was amazed at the effect our MP's enquiry had, they were a fantastic help, God knows how long it would have taken otherwise.

It seems that a few people here have also contacted their MP's, some have been very helpful, others haven't been able to find out anything. I would say that only asking to make an enquiry as the application has taken a while seems to be not enough of a reason. In my case my passport would run out before 6 months elapsed. So if you do contact your MP, really make your case, state how long it has been, any circumstances that are causing huge anxiety (not being able to work, straightforward case etc). Perhaps even booking a face to face appointment with your MP may also help.

In summary here is my advice:

- If you are at the start, pay the extra £300 odd for visa application rather than postal (although most people here are under this category, I cannot stress that enough to those who are just starting their app)
- If doing by post, I would suggest paying by direct debit (i.e filling in card details method), worked fine for me
- Post everything by recording delivery and include 2 recorded delivery envelopes to allow tracking and save you worrying about if it has been received
- Don't make ANY travel arrangements, seems even simple cases can take 8 months +, no need to add financial loss to this horrendous process
- Don't bother calling the UKBA before 6 months elapses, waste of time and money unless you are calling to get some vital docs back (spouse passport etc). They are utterly useless.
- Contact your MP you feel your app is taking longer than it should, although these apps should be done in a matter of weeks, your MP may not be able to have any impact at the UKBA if only 3-4 months has passed

Now that most of the stress in my life has vanished, I will check in here to offer any advice. Don't let it get to you, it is a stupid bureaucratic mess but it will get sorted.

Good luck to everyone!

Ram_R
Newly Registered

Post by Ram_R » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi endivolac

Thank you for letting us know abt ur case. It is unbelievable that they don't even looked at ur app for 4 months. I am regretting now that i didn't go for same day service. we have applied on 25/01/12 & still waiting for passports & BRP card. Its a straight forward case. My biggest worry is that I am being made redundant soon & need passport to show it to new employer. I have sent my passport with my wife's application can i ask them to return my passport? will they do this? & keep processing my wife's app?? anyone please let me know

My MP is useless have approached him before but no response! u can guess which party.

endivolac
Newly Registered

Post by endivolac » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:11 am

[quote="Ram_R"]Hi endivolac

Thank you for letting us know abt ur case. It is unbelievable that they don't even looked at ur app for 4 months. I am regretting now that i didn't go for same day service. we have applied on 25/01/12 & still waiting for passports & BRP card. Its a straight forward case. My biggest worry is that I am being made redundant soon & need passport to show it to new employer. I have sent my passport with my wife's application can i ask them to return my passport? will they do this? & keep processing my wife's app?? anyone please let me know

My MP is useless have approached him before but no response! u can guess which party.[/quote]

Hi Ram_R, sorry to hear that you are waiting a long time too. Short answer is yes, as the sponsor of your wife's application you can request your passport to be returned without affecting her application. This is how the UKBA deals with passports (found this out after several phone calls):

- You can request the return of the sponsors passport (i.e in this case you) and this will not affect her application. This is one of the few occasions where calling will help, when you call the UKBA there is an option to return some supporting docs.
- You can request the return of the applicants passport (so your wife), but this is may cause the application to be refused. If you request the applicants passport and use it to travel, it definately invalidates the application.

Hope this helps you, call the UKBA and it is one of the options, might take about 20mins til you get someone on the line, but then you can ask that your passport is returned. Make sure you have all the reference numbers that they have sent in letters, mainly coz I was never sure what one they were using!

About your MP, I'm fairly certain they are legally obliged to help you, there is a list of duties that MP's are responsible for (MP, MEP etc) and MPs are listed for immigration, did you try calling or emailing? To give you an example, I contacted by email, gave my address (they won't help until they check you are in their constituncy), I received a response back asking for reference numbers given by the UKBA and that they would email the UKBA. It was actually someone working in the MP's office who put the enquiry in on my MP's behalf and I never did know how they were contacting the UKBA. But they were very fast and helpful, I'm sorry that yours is not, perhaps try booking a face to face meeting with your MP? You are allowed to do that too.

billnome
Newly Registered

RE:

Post by billnome » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:59 am

I been waiting since jan..
Applied in Jan,
Biometric 16th Feb....
Rest just waiting>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>................

TCBRASIL did you hear anything... Anyone still waiting that long....
I am getting depressed by HOME OFFICE, how the hell they f...k.in operate...

Do they not know the basic human rights???

tcbrasil

Re: RE:

Post by tcbrasil » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi billnome,

No, I haven't heard a thing til today. And what I don't understand is that some here applied after us and already got everything. It's really confusing... I'm getting depressed too...
billnome wrote:I been waiting since jan..
Applied in Jan,
Biometric 16th Feb....

Do they not know the basic human rights???

endivolac
Newly Registered

Re: RE:

Post by endivolac » Tue May 01, 2012 11:59 am

[quote="tcbrasil"]Hi billnome,

No, I haven't heard a thing til today. And what I don't understand is that some here applied after us and already got everything. It's really confusing... I'm getting depressed too...

[quote="billnome"]I been waiting since jan..
Applied in Jan,
Biometric 16th Feb....

Do they not know the basic human rights???[/quote][/quote]

Tcbrasil, have you tried writing to your MP? I was also waiting a long time (since 3rd December) and finally got the approval letter on Saturday (28th April) and biometric card yesterday (30th April). Basically had a 5 month wait and was beginning to go crazy. Before I wrote to my MP, I was also very depressed and could not understand why others got returned in a month or even less.

I honestly believe that they misplace them, forget about them or that if they are wanting to check something, it gets passed on to another department where it can be held up for ages. I said all this to my MP and explained that the lack of information was causing severe emotional distress and that it is due to the complete lack of information and transparency about the process. And it was effective, got a request from the UKBA asking for more docs (wanting more evidence of accomodation, very annoying but still soemthing) and after a few more days got the letter saying biometric card will arrive soon.

I would definately urge you to write to your MP, I know how distressing a long wait can be and I was so glad when we got this help.

I know its hard to not get depressed but you will get your letter through, just a matter of time.

waitwaitwait

waiting

Post by waitwaitwait » Tue May 01, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi guys,

I have been reading all the info you have shared on this forum.
I am another victim of this situation where I have been waiting since 08th feb. Its been 12 weeks now and still I havent got my docs back or the BRP.
Its a straightforward case with everything in place but still no sign of getting the docs or BRP.

My timeline is -

Date Docs sent: 08/02/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12
Date bio-metrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12)
Date bio-metrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12
Date BRP received: waiting
Date Docs received: waiting

I do wish all of us get it asap and I'm sure two years down the line we all will be applying for Indefinite Leave on the same day rather than sending it by post again.

cheers