ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence required for new criteria - Need help plz

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp.applicant2007

Evidence required for new criteria - Need help plz

Post by hsmp.applicant2007 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:43 am

I am preparing my documents under the new HSMP criteria and have a few clarifications. I would be grateful if somebody might be able to help...

1. UK Experience evidence - I have a full-time MBA from UK which I completed in 2004. The HSMP guidelines state that they require 2 letters to proove this,
i. Letter from Univ confirming all study details
ii. Letter from Home office showing a permission to be a student.
I am applying from India and while I was on a student visa, I did not get any letters from home office but all I had was the Student Visa on my passport. What is the home office letter that the guideline specifies?

2. Proof of Age - My birth cerificate is in my local language and I have a English translation along with it from the same office that issued my birth certificate. Would this English translation be OK or do I need to get my birth certificate translated from a certified Translator of the British Council...as mentioned on the HSMP guidelines?

I would be grateful if somebody might be able to help me with the queries above.

rella

Post by rella » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:09 pm

From what I understand, they will no longer request additional documents if they believe that you need more evidence. Therefore, I would make sure that there is no question about the quality of your evidence and submit the best that you can and take the time and expense to do it properly. I would get a certified translation and the proof from the uni of your MBA. Otherwise, you risk refusal.

hsmp.applicant2007

Home office letter

Post by hsmp.applicant2007 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:05 pm

Thanks a million for the reply :)

Does anybody know what the home office letter for education in UK is? As far as I know, All that I got was a offer letter from my Uni in the UK & I applied for a student visa on the basis of that offer letter....Never heard of a home office letter :(

hsmp07

Re: Home office letter

Post by hsmp07 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:48 am

hsmp.applicant2007 wrote:Thanks a million for the reply :)

Does anybody know what the home office letter for education in UK is? As far as I know, All that I got was a offer letter from my Uni in the UK & I applied for a student visa on the basis of that offer letter....Never heard of a home office letter :(

This is exactly what I have been wondering......I have done MSc from UK uni in 2002, never got a letter from the Home office, just a student visa, can someone please shed some light on this, as to what should be submitted instead

hsmp.applicant2007

Post by hsmp.applicant2007 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:31 pm

Anybody at all please? :(

hsmp.applicant2007

Post by hsmp.applicant2007 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:48 am

For anybody/everybody's benifit...

I went to the UK High comission this morning to find out how I could get a home office letter to proove permission of entry in the UK as mentioned in the HSMP guidelines, however, the lady at the high comission help desk had no idea how to go about doing this. According to her, the student visa on the passport was the only proof my permission to be a student in the UK!!! So I am back to sqare one and even more confused!

Also, I tried to find out from the high comission how I could get a list of certified translators for translating my birth certificate to English...they did not have any idea about this either.

I'll try and figure this out and would post the solutions to these things, so somebody does not have to do the running around that I've had to do!