ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment at office

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

happi.ocholloh

Payment at office

Post by happi.ocholloh » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:45 pm

When paying at office do they use they chip and pin machines?

Is it possible to pay be telephone before hand

I was expecting to pay online and dont have my pin

... a very worried person now....as there are no more appointments

:(

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:00 pm

If you don't have a pin code, you can go to your bank with your card and cheque book alongwith proper identification and ask them to issue you a banker's draft payable to Home Office UKBA.

Banker's draft in lieu of payment is accepted by UKBA.

gretnadawn
United Kingdom

Post by gretnadawn » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:11 pm

the problem is that bankers' draft is not acceptable 'ON THE DAY' at Glasgow PEO, this is only possible if you send this at least 6 days before the appointment, together with a payment form

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:14 pm

I dont think thats the case, do you have a URL which states banker's draft is not acceptable at Glasgow PEO ?

Can you not ask one of your friends to lend you their money and card for a day?

debz

Post by debz » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:49 pm

gretnadawn wrote:the problem is that bankers' draft is not acceptable 'ON THE DAY' at Glasgow PEO, this is only possible if you send this at least 6 days before the appointment, together with a payment form
I am fully with gretnadawn on this.. I have seen it for myself as I'm applying from Glasgow PEO.. I preferred postal order (to be very safe) but that's not accepted there.. Next preference was bankers draft but it needs at least 6 working days before appo (appeared hasslesome to me.. moreover I didn't have so much time).. At last, I will be paying by credit/debit card..

Note that you can get your friend/relative to pay for your fees.. but check the policy/guidance on that.. as far as I remember, that person have to authorize it personally but only the applicant is allowed in initially.. so not sure how it works out when payment is reqd to be made..

All the best..

gretnadawn
United Kingdom

Post by gretnadawn » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:03 pm

scrapper, at all other PEO's b.draft is acceptable ON THE DAY, but at glasgow & Cardiff, it is not, only by post (with a payment form), at least 6 days before application

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... rson/cost/

happi.ocholloh

Post by happi.ocholloh » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:43 am

Just spoke with the guy in Glasgow
Apparently its not Chip N Pin, they take the form and process it that way. So apparently panic over

debz

Post by debz » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:28 pm

happi.ocholloh wrote:Just spoke with the guy in Glasgow
Apparently its not Chip N Pin, they take the form and process it that way. So apparently panic over
I applied for visa extn from Glasgow PEO in 2009; I used my debit card then but cannot really remember if I was asked to feed in the Pin (I had to fill card details in the appl form for sure).

Thanks for sharing the info. I would be applying for ILR at Glasgow PEO this week and pay by my debit/credit card. My bank's CCare (also branch staffs) are acting weirdos this time (misguded me saying several contradictory things when I called them for informing them about the transaction in advance and that it should not be blocked for fraud checks). To be safe, I was thinking of keeping my other bank's debit card as fallback option but I don't remember it's pin.. so, the info you supplied can be really handy..

Cheers.

gretnadawn
United Kingdom

Post by gretnadawn » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:15 pm

DEBZ
if you are applying for ILR in Glasgow, you can send a bankers draft or cheque to them beforehand,(to save possibility of d/c not going through), but it has to arrive with UKBA payments office AT LEAST 6 days before your appointment, and has to have the downloaded payment form with it.
when I downloaded the form last week, it was still stating the old fee, so I rang them and after having a word with the supervisor, the lady said it would be changed, and what do you know, it has been...somethings can be done quickly after all...!!!
all the best with your applications all of you