ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calling contact centre?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

beever

Calling contact centre?

Post by beever » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi Learned Members,
I was wondering if you can call the Nationality Contact Centre or any helpline to enquire status of british citizenship applcation as my husband's application was submitted in December.
Should i write a letter instead?

It seems like the processing times differ a lot as i got mine in 5 weeks but his takes so long eventhough he is applying as spouse of BC.

Pls advise,

Thanks

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:28 pm

You were exceptionally lucky if you got in 5 weeks, most wait 3-4 months.

The contact centre only will give updates after 6 months of applying unless you are very lucky with who you get on the phone.

beever

Post by beever » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi friendinneed,
thanks so much for your response.
I was very lucky to get it in 5 weeks unfortunately my husband didnt.
it's coming to fifth month now but i am just wondering even if you go past 6 months, is there a way u can call them or is it just a waiting game?

thanks
friendinneed wrote:You were exceptionally lucky if you got in 5 weeks, most wait 3-4 months.

The contact centre only will give updates after 6 months of applying unless you are very lucky with who you get on the phone.

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:42 pm

If you go over 6 months you can call them and they will give an update. How useful that update may be is another matter. I was lucky and managed to get an agent who did give an update before the 6 months was up and he advised that the decision had already been made an a letter was sent 2 days earlier.

What the sort of update they can give before the decision is made I suspect is exceptionally limited.

beever

Post by beever » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:49 pm

Yes i agree. OK, we shall wait for another month and see...
thank you friendinneed, you're very kind for responding so quickly!
friendinneed wrote:If you go over 6 months you can call them and they will give an update. How useful that update may be is another matter. I was lucky and managed to get an agent who did give an update before the 6 months was up and he advised that the decision had already been made an a letter was sent 2 days earlier.

What the sort of update they can give before the decision is made I suspect is exceptionally limited.

goodfellow1

Post by goodfellow1 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:26 am

beever wrote:Yes i agree. OK, we shall wait for another month and see...
thank you friendinneed, you're very kind for responding so quickly!
friendinneed wrote:If you go over 6 months you can call them and they will give an update. How useful that update may be is another matter. I was lucky and managed to get an agent who did give an update before the 6 months was up and he advised that the decision had already been made an a letter was sent 2 days earlier.

This waiting game is really a killer!!!

beever

Post by beever » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:33 am

So it is now 6 months and they arent giving any useful info. What's our recourse ? Some people submitted in march already got their approval.