ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ALL OCTOBER applicants POST here

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:02 am

Hi Guys,

How do I know if my case is assigned to Caseworker or not? I have received only a letter with Ref. No. (They did not send me any email but a letter only)

They received my Application on 19th Oct and CC Charged on the same day. Should I email them and ask regarding my application or should I wait for one more week :)

Regards,

Akash...

carzen
Newly Registered

Post by carzen » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:07 am

akash
send a request mail for your application status to HO
they will rely soon..............

my self
send on 13th-Oct
received on 16th-Oct
reference no received on 24th Oct
assigned to case worker on 12th-Nov
decision taken and disptached on 14th -Nov
i don`t know the what decision they have taken
waiting for document....................i from Hyderabad(INDIA).
Last edited by carzen on Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:07 am

I am sure you meant October for some the dates :)
Wait for a couple of days more for the documents. Should be with you in 2-3 weeks from date of despatch.

regards
carzen wrote:reference no received on 24th Nov

shazlee

Re: No Docs after 3 weeks

Post by shazlee » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:47 am

Nice to know JD.
I am still waiting :)
shazlee wrote:Still waiting !!!!
shazlee wrote:I am getting afraid, HO dispatched my original docs back on 26/Oct by airmail to Sialkot Pakistan. I have no information. My post man says mostly mails takes 2 weeks.

Can someone share information if his docs took this long for Pakistan.

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:27 am

Congrats uk4james all the the best.. :D

All In-Country applicant who got approved latest... remember we have to use FLR(HSMP) application for leave to remain

all best for good future in UK, for those who got HSMP approved

all the best for those who are trying for it, to get hsmp approved soon

Cheers

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:46 pm

carzen wrote:akash

my self
send on 13th-Oct
received on 16th-Oct
I'll send an email right now :)

carzen
Newly Registered

Post by carzen » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:06 pm

just now i called home office
but they denying to disclose the result
docs dispatched on 14th Nov
generally they should tell the decision taken on phone, but they are denying
what could be the reason.................

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:05 am

Today, I finally received by documents back with the "priceless" letter of approval from the UK Home Office.

The letter is dated 16-Nov-06.

Surprisingly, the HO office returned the documents in the folder :D . I had thought they will tear up the documents from the file and what I'll probably receive back would be "quite dilapidated" versions of my documents. But I must admit HO has done a pretty neat job. Doesn't look like they have looked at my file at all :wink: ... all documents are neatly placed in the plastic sleeves, and in the same sequence like I had arranged them before submission. Guess my caseworker was a nice person !!

Time to start thinking about the next step - EC. I plan to land in UK only in April, so will be applying accordingly .. Heard that you can apply 3 months in advance and request for a post-dated visa. But I need to confirm that from the BHC yet !!

All the best.

regards

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:51 am

All the best ukjobsforme :D

But remember dont delay EC too much..

Usually consultants use to advice to apply for EC as early as possible for smooth success.

In any circumstance dont delay it more than 3 months...

Many use to think they have 6 months time, so that they can apply even on 5 th month... But more we delay approval will become more difficult ... so apply sooner

All the best :)

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:24 am

Emre,

Don't even think about it :shock: :shock: Reserving my comments on the organizational ability to pick out fakes from originals, the important thing to note is that the Home Office decides whether you are eligible to enter UK temporarily or permanently. So don't try something stupid that is sure to have a negative long-term impact.

Hope you get my point !!

regards
emre wrote:Hi,

I want to apply to HSMP but NARIC does not recognise my universty than I am going to use FAKE Diploma. Would you pls advise me is NARIC able to find out that my diploma is fake or not neither HO as well.

Brgds,

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:33 am

Thanks for the advice Hari15 ! But work committments with present employer prevent me from preponing my travel dates to anytime earlier than April next year, so I really have no choice.

And I am also conscious of the possibility that if I apply for EC too soon and get a 1 yr visa only, I'll not be able to meet the earning criteria (8 months earning evidence for a 12 month visa) as per the new HSMP extension rules given the fact that I don't have a job offer and can;t move before April :( .

regards
hari15 wrote:All the best ukjobsforme :D

Usually consultants use to advice to apply for EC as early as possible for smooth success.

Many use to think they have 6 months time, so that they can apply even on 5 th month... But more we delay approval will become more difficult ... so apply sooner

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:42 pm

ukjobsforme wrote:Thanks for the advice Hari15 ! But work committments with present employer prevent me from preponing my travel dates to anytime earlier than April next year, so I really have no choice.

And I am also conscious of the possibility that if I apply for EC too soon and get a 1 yr visa only, I'll not be able to meet the earning criteria (8 months earning evidence for a 12 month visa) as per the new HSMP extension rules given the fact that I don't have a job offer and can;t move before April :( .

regards
hari15 wrote:All the best ukjobsforme :D

UkjobsForme
Initial visa will be given for 2 years

Previously when ILR period was 4 years, they use to give like 1+3

Now since ILR period became 5 years, now they are giving like 2+3

So there is no chance for you to get 1 year Visa, defenitly you will get 2 years Visa only

Do you know one thing? I am in workpermit now in UK, and got hsmp now..

ufortunatly my present workpermit contract is over and I got a new offer. But that new job pays me 2K less than the required salary for extension.

I cant pass the extension after 2 years with that salary, I need just £2000 more salary

But I am not worrying about that now.. I planned to join that company and work for next 6 months. then I am going to ask 2 K hike with that company saying this HSMP problem

if they give I will be there otherwise will jump

Dont worry even if you get less salary for initial year... You can jump to other firm next year.. in worst case we can earn the target easily by contract jobs even within 6 months so dont worry, apply EC soon

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:55 pm

But I am not really sure of 1 year, 2 year thing... Did anybody got 1 year Visa recently?

If any expert here clarifies this I am happy

Because if I get 1 year Visa then I no need any increment, I will pass for extension (Since I am getting more points by age :) )

On the other hand if I get 2 years Visa, before I submit my extension, my age is elapsing, hence need to earn 2K more.. :( (I Hope they will give 2 K increment in one year, Jumping companies is very hectic you know)

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:14 pm

Hi Seniors,
I am in UK for 2 years 4 Months under workpermit now got HSMP approval under old sheme, now applying FLR(HSMP) for leave to remain next month

Will they give me leave to remain for 1 year / 2 year?

in both cases I need to apply for extension once, since 5 years is not covered in both cases

If they give for 1 year it is beneficial to me :)

Can any one throw light on under what basis they are deciding 1 year / 2 year?

I think recently all got 2 years Visa only, am I correct?

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:42 pm

I know two out of country applicants who have recently applied for EC and got only 1 year on the initial visa. They asked the ECO why they weren't granted 2 years and the ECO's reply was that it was up to her discretion to grant the visa for any period up to a maximum of 2 years. I do not know of any in-country applicants who have only recieved one year though.
'In everything give thanks'

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:14 am

Can anyone tell me if this is the correct place to apply for EC online once you have HSMP approval from the United States?

http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow. ... =Apply+Now

thanks,
Uk4James

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:18 am

Hari15,
thanks for the congrats! For those who were wondering here is what I claimed..

Category: under 28 Out of country USA
education: 15
work experience : 25
past earnings: 25

Total: 70

-uk4james-
Congrats uk4james all the the best..

siva12345
Newly Registered

no case worker yet.

Post by siva12345 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:13 am

Application received by HO on 17th Oct
CC charged on the same day
But still no case worker.
Is there any one else sent the application on the same time frame and not yet allocated to case worker ?

syedajmal
Newly Registered

About the same timeframe

Post by syedajmal » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:19 pm

Applying in HSMP Over 28 from USA, Nationality Indian

Application Sent : Oct/19/2006
CC verification from VISA : Oct/25/2006
CC finally charged : Oct/30/2006

Called in Last week and was told that still waiting for caseworker.

Called in on today and was told that decison has been made last friday. Din't disclose the decison.

Now the wait begins. Do i Go or not :)

I am currently in the US for the last 8 years. Just tired of waiting for my GC. But now with Democrats winng control here things might change. Pray to God to guide me in making the right decison.

Points Claimed:
BE, India:15
Exp:25 ( Could have claimed more but didn't)
Earning:25
Spouse: 0 ( Could have claimed it)

Ok Finally got the Approval Letter today. Thanks to everybody on this forum.
Last edited by syedajmal on Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:34 pm

I have now applied online for EC in the US and now have to send certain things to the office in New York. I am not sure if I understand what some of them are asking for? Can anyone help?

·If you are in the US - Valid US Immigration Status (originals not copies) e.g. Permanent Resident Card, Advance Parole Document, H1B visa, F1 with I-20 etc
?????
Is this refering to my Birth Certificate or my Social Security card? Otherwise I don't understand what they are asking for.

·either a letter confirming your period of leave from your employer together with salary slips for the last three months or a certificate confirming you have continuing studies or if you are self employed, evidence of your business.
?????
My period of leave? I am leaving my job completely to come to the UK and find a new job. Do you think I can provide my letter from my employer that I used with my HSMP application? or are they asking for something different? Do you think that if the pay slips are on company headed paper that is enough and it doesn't have to be signed by my employer?

Thanks for your help!
-uk4james

nouna

Post by nouna » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:31 pm

siva12345 wrote:Application received by HO on 17th Oct
CC charged on the same day
But still no case worker.
Is there any one else sent the application on the same time frame and not yet allocated to case worker ?
Yes.. HO received my husband's application for review (appeal) on 21 Oct. Initial application refused as no points awarded for work experience (the famous story about HO not considering the job at graduate level).
HO advised that the case isn't yet assigned to a case worker!
Anyone recently received a response for an appeal? any idea what the chances are?

syedajmal
Newly Registered

Post by syedajmal » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:55 pm

All of this is more relevant to a Foreign national. But in your case
uk4James wrote:I have now applied online for EC in the US and now have to send certain things to the office in New York. I am not sure if I understand what some of them are asking for? Can anyone help?

·If you are in the US - Valid US Immigration Status (originals not copies) e.g. Permanent Resident Card, Advance Parole Document, H1B visa, F1 with I-20 etc
?????
Is this refering to my Birth Certificate or my Social Security card? Otherwise I don't understand what they are asking for.

Your US Passport is enogh proof for this. But I guess your Birth Certificate can second it.

·either a letter confirming your period of leave from your employer together with salary slips for the last three months or a certificate confirming you have continuing studies or if you are self employed, evidence of your business.
?????
My period of leave? I am leaving my job completely to come to the UK and find a new job. Do you think I can provide my letter from my employer that I used with my HSMP application? or are they asking for something different? Do you think that if the pay slips are on company headed paper that is enough and it doesn't have to be signed by my employer?

I don't understand this myself. You might wanna just call up the consulate close by and ask
Thanks for your help!
-uk4james

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:00 pm

Hi Friends,

I sent an email to HO asking about my application status and documents.. They replied:

Dear Applicant

Thank you for your email. Your decisioon letter and documents were sent out on 23/11.

Regards

HSMP Team

Now I am waiting for my Documents. Can anyone pls tell me what cud be their decision :) Does it mean successfull or what...

Regards,

Akash...

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:05 pm

AkashS wrote:
carzen wrote:akash

my self
send on 13th-Oct
received on 16th-Oct
I'll send an email right now :)
Hi,

Did you receive your documents... Wht hppnd of your application? Successfull :)

I also emailed them and they told me that the decision letter and documents were sent out on 23-Nov-2006.... I am also waiting for their decision and my documents :)

Akash...

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:07 pm

Hi,

What does it mean if there is no documents veification done by HSMP Team... Does it mean successfull application or unsuccessfull :|

Regards,

Akash...