ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship by descent and moving to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ElfinLady29
Newly Registered

Citizenship by descent and moving to Ireland

Post by ElfinLady29 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:08 pm

I am waiting for confirmation that I qualify for citizenship by descent, but I am wondering, would I be able to move to Ireland and work (in my own business) without a long stay visa before my application was finished (I understand it takes 12 to 18 months for the foreign birth registration)?

Thank you.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:44 am

You are not a citizen until you have your registration certificate.

What nationality are you? Where did you apply?

ElfinLady29
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by ElfinLady29 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:09 pm

I know I'm not a citizen until it is granted, but I was wondering if they let you live there while the application is processed?

I am American. I have not applied yet. I'm working with a solicitor over there to analyse my case to see if it is worth applying or not.

jhbmike

Re: Thanks

Post by jhbmike » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:38 pm

ElfinLady29 wrote:I know I'm not a citizen until it is granted, but I was wondering if they let you live there while the application is processed?

I am American. I have not applied yet. I'm working with a solicitor over there to analyse my case to see if it is worth applying or not.
Short answer......absolutely not, you have no rights to reside in Ireland until you recieve youre FBR certificate.

ElfinLady29
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by ElfinLady29 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Thanks! That is what I thought, but it was worth asking.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Re: Citizenship by descent and moving to Ireland

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:25 pm

ElfinLady29 wrote:I am waiting for confirmation that I qualify for citizenship by descent, but I am wondering, would I be able to move to Ireland and work (in my own business) without a long stay visa before my application was finished (I understand it takes 12 to 18 months for the foreign birth registration)?

Thank you.
No

Until is it confirmed that you are an Irish Citizen, you will be treated like all the other immigrants.

Prove that you are entitled to Irish Citizenship first, then apply for passport, obtain passport then move on and do what you want to do

walrusgumble
BANNED

Re: Thanks

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:27 pm

ElfinLady29 wrote:I know I'm not a citizen until it is granted, but I was wondering if they let you live there while the application is processed?

Why?

I think you probably need more than a solicitor. From the sounds of it, one of those who does family trees.

It is very simply, citizenship goes out as far as Grandparent, anyone else is a Plastic Paddy

You want residency, you apply the same way as others, I am afraid.

dania

Post by dania » Fri May 11, 2012 12:16 pm

:wink:
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]