ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) ILR for dependants

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guessmewhoswho
Newly Registered

SET(O) ILR for dependants

Post by guessmewhoswho » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Can I include my wife in SET(O) at Croydon who is in the UK for less than 2 years under tier1 dependant?

I have completed five years HSMP + TIER1 (2+3) and am eligible for ILR but my wife has been in the UK for less than 2 years under tier1 dependant.

I believe that the fees will be taken first before for main and 1 Dependant. Both have passed the life in the UK and have 3 months of joint statements.
Somebody says FLR (M) is separately required but she has not completed english test requirement for FLR and she has not completed 2 years for ILR....but passed life in the UK test and visa expires next day after my ILR appointment.

1. Would UKBA reject my application or
2. approve your ILR but reject your wife's application or
3. would they give ILR to main applicant and 2 years to the wife?

selva

Re: SET(O) ILR for dependants

Post by selva » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:31 pm

guessmewhoswho wrote:Can I include my wife in SET(O) at Croydon who is in the UK for less than 2 years under tier1 dependant?

I have completed five years HSMP + TIER1 (2+3) and am eligible for ILR but my wife has been in the UK for less than 2 years under tier1 dependant.

I believe that the fees will be taken first before for main and 1 Dependant. Both have passed the life in the UK and have 3 months of joint statements.
Somebody says FLR (M) is separately required but she has not completed english test requirement for FLR and she has not completed 2 years for ILR....but passed life in the UK test and visa expires next day after my ILR appointment.

1. Would UKBA reject my application or
2. approve your ILR but reject your wife's application or
3. would they give ILR to main applicant and 2 years to the wife?
if you are on T1(G) and your wife has not completed 2 years in UK then you should not include her in SET(O) and she need to apply using separate form for extending here dependent visa.

If you include then UKBA may take the money for both and reject her for ILR

You should not include her. If you are going for in person one day service then you can apply for your wife as dependent of settle person next day by post.

you can check with UKBA whether LIUK will satisfy her English requirement

muhammad.aftab
BANNED

Post by muhammad.aftab » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:09 pm

Hi Mate,

I would advice don't add your wife is she has not completed 2 years and extend her visa.... don't take risk of losing money.

guessmewhoswho
Newly Registered

Post by guessmewhoswho » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:12 pm

Thank you - But what if the UKBA decides to hold my SET(O) application and does not process my ILR on the same day? How can I apply FLR(M) for my wife, her visa expires next day ?

muhammad.aftab
BANNED

Post by muhammad.aftab » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:35 pm

Why you would go a day before your visa expiry date?
As you can apply for ILR 28 days before current leaves expire.
I will strongly recommend to use this grace 28 days any thing can happens so
If they ask you for more Papers or refuse you Still you will have days to re-apply or provide them requested documents.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:50 pm

guessmewhoswho wrote:Can I include my wife in SET(O) at Croydon who is in the UK for less than 2 years under tier1 dependant?
How long has she spent in the UK with you?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:43 am

Life in the UK test is not accepted as evidence of English language for FLR(m) she will need to take an approved English language test.

guessmewhoswho
Newly Registered

Post by guessmewhoswho » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:05 am

Vinni, She has spent 4 months in the UK as tier1 dependant with me on the same address

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:41 am

Did she live with you in the UK prior to being a Tier 1 dependant?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

guessmewhoswho
Newly Registered

Post by guessmewhoswho » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:52 am

No, she entered in the UK in Jan 2012?