ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport Renewal Query...

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhijack

Indian Passport Renewal Query...

Post by abhijack » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:40 pm

I am on Indian passport and have ILR in UK.
My passport is due for renewal in August this year.

My query is whether I can get my passport renewed in India as I have an ILR stamped? Or should it be and HCI in UK?

If I can get it done in India whats the procedure? Is there a tatkal option in India where you get new passport on same day?

The reason I am raising this query is I will going to India for 3 weeks at end of April.

Many thanks for your time and replies...

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:04 am

You can get your passport renewed in India. Its an Indian passport so they cannot deny your renewal application.

Rest of your queries are answered here -

http://indianpassport.nic.in/

(Add security certificate to your browser if prompted)

hpat

Re: Indian Passport Renewal Query...

Post by hpat » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:42 pm

abhijack wrote:I am on Indian passport and have ILR in UK.
My passport is due for renewal in August this year.

My query is whether I can get my passport renewed in India as I have an ILR stamped? Or should it be and HCI in UK?

If I can get it done in India whats the procedure? Is there a tatkal option in India where you get new passport on same day?

The reason I am raising this query is I will going to India for 3 weeks at end of April.

Many thanks for your time and replies...
I would suggest you do in UK. In India tatkaal service is available for too much hassle to sign one of the annexture form that needs to be signed from big shots. If you know them then it'll be quick. See the list who can sign on the web site.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:37 pm

thanks for replies. i have decided to renew it in UK.

Regarding changing indian permanent address i am struggling to get an appropriate document.

- my nri bank a/c has uk address in it.
- my indian driving license address is not updated.

the only docs i may have are:

1. passbook of a joint bank a/c with my dad which has the uptodate indian address.
2. my name in the ration card
3. PAN card [ the letter which came along with the card has the address although the card itself doesnt have the address printed on it.]

will any of the above 3 suffice?

is the list of acceptable docs for change of indian address clearly given in cgi bham site?

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:38 am

Since you are on ILR, if you want you can get your UK address as your permanent address on your Indian Passport.

Your UK bank statement, NRI bank statement, UK utility bill/council tax receipt, any of those will suffice.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:58 am

I'm also in the process of changing address in my passport in London. I'm on Tier 1 currently.

For Change of Address proof, I have found the below wording in HCI,London website.

"documents establishing new address in the form of utility bills, latest monthly bank statements, property papers etc "

- How many months of Bank Statements that I need to submit for Address Proof ? Do I need to submit covering letter from bank for Address Proof confirmation ??
- Is Indian Election Commission Voter ID card and Ration Card can be considered as a valid address proof ??
- Do I need to submit the documents as Original or Photocopy only ??

I'm looking for someone's advise who's situation like myself. Thanks

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Mon May 07, 2012 12:31 pm

krazydude wrote:Since you are on ILR, if you want you can get your UK address as your permanent address on your Indian Passport.

Your UK bank statement, NRI bank statement, UK utility bill/council tax receipt, any of those will suffice.
i am aware of that buddy.
but i dont have a permanent address in Uk and keep changing address every 6 months.

So actually i need my permanent indian address on passport.

I am thinking of submitting SBT bank passbook and PAN card as proof of address. I hope they will accept that.

Will LIC policy document be acceptable as address proof?

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Fri May 11, 2012 2:20 pm

another question....

are they strict in the choice of consulate based on your address?

the consulate for my current address is bham.. is there any way around so that i can apply in london?

awaiting replies for the 2 questions..
thanks in advance..

tube8boy56
Newly Registered

Post by tube8boy56 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:16 am

you can get passport renewed from india.

BALAJI_UK

Supporting docs for renewal/re-issue of passport

Post by BALAJI_UK » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:38 am

All,
I need to renew my passport which expires in November 2012. As per my understanding below are the supporting documents to be provided:

1. Application form completely filled in and signed
2. Four Passport size (35 mm x 45 mm) identical photographs showing frontal view of full face with white background
3. The current or recently expired Passport having valid Visa or Residence Permit is required to be enclosed along with photocopies of detail pages and Visa. In case the latest Passport is additional booklet(s) issued to the original Passport, the additional booklet(s) plus the original Passport must be furnished.

Have a question on the inclusion of spouse name in the passport, will marriage certificate is sufficient enough or do I need to include any other documentation.
Applied: VFS Chennai - 22/08/12
Visa Refused - 14/11/2012
Refusal reason - Not provided P60 or copy of employment contract as evidence of your sponsor's gross income from their employment/income sources.

abhijack

Re: Supporting docs for renewal/re-issue of passport

Post by abhijack » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:13 am

BALAJI_UK wrote:All,
I need to renew my passport which expires in November 2012. As per my understanding below are the supporting documents to be provided:

1. Application form completely filled in and signed
2. Four Passport size (35 mm x 45 mm) identical photographs showing frontal view of full face with white background
3. The current or recently expired Passport having valid Visa or Residence Permit is required to be enclosed along with photocopies of detail pages and Visa. In case the latest Passport is additional booklet(s) issued to the original Passport, the additional booklet(s) plus the original Passport must be furnished.

Have a question on the inclusion of spouse name in the passport, will marriage certificate is sufficient enough or do I need to include any other documentation.
thats all you need....

BALAJI_UK

Post by BALAJI_UK » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Thank you!!!!
Applied: VFS Chennai - 22/08/12
Visa Refused - 14/11/2012
Refusal reason - Not provided P60 or copy of employment contract as evidence of your sponsor's gross income from their employment/income sources.