ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Tricky Questions Please Please advice....

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

muhammad.aftab
BANNED

ILR Tricky Questions Please Please advice....

Post by muhammad.aftab » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi Guys,
This is site is just amazing thank you all. I have a some questions please advice your expert opinion.
I got HSMP July 2007.... Got an extension in July 2009 as Tier1
because of credit crunch lost job last year and started self employment.

Important bit is...
I started my business in 5 December 2011... However I thought I can register my self as self employed anytime before ILR surly i was wrong.
So I called HMRC on 2nd April and requested them to register me as self employed. After 4 weeks I got my HMRC letter confirming self employed status along with Direct Debit form for NI 2. I filled up the form and send them back.
20 April I realised that as I started my business on 5 December 2011 so I should tell HMRC to amend my self employment start date. I spoke to HMRC and they asked me to send written letter to their office. I did it same day.

Now I am hoping that HMRC will send me an arrears NI2 bill till up todate and rest they will take every month from my bank as I had signed direct debt form as mentioned above.

Please guys advise in the light of above have I taken right setup and what document i should show at time of ILR according to all above situation.
Best Regards.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:18 pm

If you can prove that you have paid the tax due to you for the last year i.e. 2011-2012 it should solve the purpose.

It is NOT mandatory to submit tax return before your ILR application. You can submit your managed accounts for points claiming. However, for claiming points for self employment you must show that you have been paying NI Contribution. Since your start of business on 5 Dec 2011, only one NI payment is due i.e. from Nov 2011 till April 2012. If you have paid that amount attach the payment receipt with your application and self employment chapter is sorted.
The question is... to be or not to be....

muhammad.aftab
BANNED

Post by muhammad.aftab » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:26 pm

Thank you so much for your prompt reply Zahid.

Could you be able to let me know the list of self Employment related documents please?

My Tax return is due next year Jan 2013 as I will submit online.

regards,

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:41 pm

muhammad.aftab wrote:Could you be able to let me know the list of self Employment related documents please?

My Tax return is due next year Jan 2013 as I will submit online.

regards,
The list is just for general purpose. You need to contact your accountant for more accurate list.

- Contracts of Business
- Invoices
- Bank Statements
- Business bank Statements, if applicable
- Dividend certificates, if applicable
- NI class 2 payments
- Invoice Summary/managed accounts from Accountant
- Income statement from Accountant
- etc etc.

The last date for Online tax submission date is 31 Jan 2013. But preferably do it before that. If I would be at your place, and have already received the documentation from HMRC required for online tax submission, I would have applied for one. The SA302 (self assessment) is an important document (though not mandatory) for proof/claiming of your income for immigration purpose.
The question is... to be or not to be....