ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3 and EEA 4 - Unmarried partners

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

giruzz

EEA3 and EEA 4 - Unmarried partners

Post by giruzz » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:46 pm

Hello,

The girlfriend and I are almost ready for another submission to the UKBA in order to apply for PR.

Apart from the documentation required and listed on the application form, what other documents we need to submit (we are UNMARRIED!), I was thinking of:

- P45/P60 for both (always been employed except first 10 days in the UK)
- Summary of travels in/out of countries for my gf (she is non-EEA)
- Tenancy agreement
- Joint bank statements (How many? One every year or all of them for last 5 years)
- Council tax bill w/joint names (we only have 4 years, first year was shared accomodation)
- Water bill (my name) and Gas/Electricity bill (gf name) - do we need this one?
- Is there anything else?

Thank you!

giruzz

giruzz

Post by giruzz » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Anyone that could help?

Thanks,

G.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:16 pm

There is no need to provide more documents than what the form asks for (your list is part of the documents on the form).

* there is no need for P60/P45 for the non EU (unless is used to prove residence).
* The residence proof seem to be redundant. There is no need for tenancy agreement & council tax & bank statements & utility bills. One set is enough unless they cover different periods.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA3 and EEA 4 - Unmarried partners

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:41 pm

giruzz wrote:Hello,

The girlfriend and I are almost ready for another submission to the UKBA in order to apply for PR.

Apart from the documentation required and listed on the application form, what other documents we need to submit (we are UNMARRIED!), I was thinking of:

- P45/P60 for both (always been employed except first 10 days in the UK) - yes for the EU only
- Summary of travels in/out of countries for my gf (she is non-EEA) - or simple statement that you both have not been absent for more than 6 months at a time.
- Tenancy agreement - ok, if it's a joint one, will do for both.
- Joint bank statements (How many? One every year or all of them for last 5 years) - that would be fine for proof of residence and demonstrates co-habitation (important for unmarried partners).
- Council tax bill w/joint names (we only have 4 years, first year was shared accomodation) - again that would be fine for proof of residence.
- Water bill (my name) and Gas/Electricity bill (gf name) - do we need this one? - not if you have already picked proof of residence
- Is there anything else? - don't include too much.

Thank you!

giruzz
Some comments above. I would agree with Jambo. Pick one good proof of residence, don't include too many, it will confuse.

Write a covering letter describing how you qualify for PR and what documentation you are backing it up with.

giruzz

Post by giruzz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:47 pm

Thank you both.

G.