ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dj_iv
Newly Registered

Post by dj_iv » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:46 pm

aqilzeeshan wrote: There is a guy i know who scored 65 points ( 0 point in education as he has 3 year gradation which is not equaivaltent to uk graduation, full points in earning , full points in experience ) and came to uk , being highly skilled as per your definition ( got job in 5 days ) , earning 64K per annum right now paying tax of 1.5K per month , Now he has full points of earning 45, again 0 points of education ( as expected ) , 20 points of age and 5 points of UK experience, means 70 points and have to leave UK.

In what fool's paradise you call it managed migration ?
Amry,

How about the situations like this?! Do you think this is fair?!

And another one: 1+3+1 Do you think this is fair?!

ATBPLC

Post by ATBPLC » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:43 pm

Rog, who is this Armry I think is better to ignore him or her because he is enjoying the insult he's passing on all immigrants.

He is so arrogant that he has refused to credit us with some level of intelligence. He only, has the capabilities to interprete correctly HSMP

He has become a law court that interpretes laws

Amry
Newly Registered

Post by Amry » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:51 pm

ATBPLC wrote:Rog, who is this Armry I think is better to ignore him or her because he is enjoying the insult he's passing on all immigrants.

He is so arrogant that he has refused to credit us with some level of intelligence. He only, has the capabilities to interprete correctly HSMP

He has become a law court that interpretes laws
I am sorry that a balanced discussion of the costs, merits and needs for a tightened Managed Immigration Policy in the UK has offended you.

For each immigrant that feels hard done by, there is a Union with millions of members constantly lobbying the Home Office to tighten the rules. Their argument is that jobs that British people (that make up the membership/£££ of their Unions) can perform are going to immigrants. Unions are large. They provide a lot of funding to the Labor government.

On the otherhand Business is crying out for a relaxation of the rules because all they want is a work force richer in skills and talent.

All I am saying is, you need to look at it from the Home Office's perspective, it is a balancing act. Sadly, turning our lives upside down is probably not even a minor factor when it comes to policy decisions.

I realise now a balanced argument is not welcome here so I'll leave you to it! All the best.

Amry BA LLB LLM PhD

ATBPLC

Post by ATBPLC » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:51 pm

I really dont care whether you have a basket full of degrees. I am not a nonentity either. The issue is that, your contribution has been so derogatory and deviod of what I would have expected from a lawyer of your pedigree.

What have you got to say about retrospective implimentation of policies? If you are so lucky to be well placed in UK, that has not given you the priviledge to insult the sensibilities of others. Age discrimination?

What did you say about HO who allowed people above 30 to come to UK only to score them out in the new dispensation. Is it not the case of USE AND DUMP. You have really not balanced any argument here.

Are you saying if I allow you to take over my case you will not see any merit in it?

We all agreed that it is within the purview/prerogative of UK to amend laws to reflect their immediate needs, but should the change be made to have retrospective negative implication?

Does it mean by your own judgement that if one is poorly bplaced or paid in UK, then the person is not highly skilled? An't you aware of all impediments on the ways to finding good-paid jobs in UK, INCLUDING THE FACT that employers have been told to consider British and EU citizens first?.

At any rate Lawyers are not always right.

aqilzeeshan

Post by aqilzeeshan » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:21 pm

If a person could not get education points (suppose 3 year graduation) and they came base on past experience or spouse or exceptional achievements

1) They have removed Past Exp points ? What will happen to those who qualified using them
2) They removed spouse points ? What will happens to those who qualified using these points
3) They have removed exception achievements ? What will happen to those who qualified using these point ?

Even if these people get max points of earning that is 45 , they will not get 75 total, which means they were only fooled by home office to come here, is'nt it ?

There is no need of phd to give balanced view on that just common sense is enough.

Amry
Newly Registered

Post by Amry » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:52 pm

ATBPLC wrote:What have you got to say about retrospective implimentation of policies?
What did you say about HO who allowed people above 30 to come to UK only to score them out in the new dispensation. Is it not the case of USE AND DUMP. You have really not balanced any argument here.
Are you saying if I allow you to take over my case you will not see any merit in it?
Does it mean by your own judgement that if one is poorly bplaced or paid in UK, then the person is not highly skilled? An't you aware of all impediments on the ways to finding good-paid jobs in UK, INCLUDING THE FACT that employers have been told to consider British and EU citizens first?.
1. If those already granted extensions were told they would need to satisfy the new system to keep their current extensions, then it would be retrospective. This is not the case.

2. Managed Migration discriminates by definition. The UK already has an aging population, and that is straining the health and the pensions system to breaking point, so I think ever rational British voter would demand the Home Office discriminate against older migrants that would further strain the health and pensions system.

3. Ever case is unique.

4. Employers do not need to consider UK and EU workers ahead of HSMP holders. HSMP holders are part of the resident labour market.

This is turning into an argument rather than a discussion, I am sorry about that! How about we move on, there are many other interesting forums to get involved in here without needing to argue the good old (and extremely boring) HSMP system!

Daphnie.Grant
Newly Registered

Post by Daphnie.Grant » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:28 pm

Hi all! guess what, i ben reading this stuff for a few days now and i have have agree amry cause i don't think amry is saying it nice whats happen. amry is just sayin nothing illegal has happen and the home orfice just cares about british vota more than happiness of people from over seas which is sad and the rule from the mouth of home office only to happy the british

so maybe we should stop cry and c how we can live with the rules and live in the uk too! after all we are ones with a passport in other country so if we dont like, we can leave

and all my friends they all got hsmp now, becaus they paid someone (from gumtree.com they are easy to find its bad) £1800 each to give them fake documents, and they got now hsmp! the man he went back to india and he pay directors a little money just so they say my friends senior managers there, and then he come back he give us the documents, so the home office had to do action about all the low skills peoples that just buys documents, how can they trust experience references anymore? i guess they catch us now so we has to go back to student visa now :(

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:05 am

The issue is that the Home Office should have considered these issues beforehand. I had applied in 2003 when the threshold was 75 points. Later on they reduced the threshold to 65 and started giving visas easily to everyone as they were earning good fees with applications as well as UK was benefiting with foreign exchange reserves as all new HSMP entrants came to UK with their savings converted to £s to support them in the initial months. They were happy to let everyone in as it suited them at that time and now they want to weed everyone out. Compare this scenario with how other countries treat their skilled migrants by directly giving them ILR. There are other issues to consider that with initial 1 year visa very few employers were willing to offer permanent employment, insistance on UK experience despite documents being verified by HO etc. The salary levels set by home office for extension are way above UK average (Average not Poverty level). You can only consider to have taken a balanced view if you see both sides of an arguement not just advocating Home Office's cause.

Daphnie.Grant
Newly Registered

Post by Daphnie.Grant » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:55 am

Ar I never mind anyway becuas i have till june in 2007 on hsmp before i have to go back to a student visa. most probably i can still pay someone from gumtree to fix my papers so i get hsmp extension but i not i understand, its worth trys.

my boyfriend his workin at Asda now since october but not enough to get the hsmp extensions, he upset like you cause he really wants to extended but i tell him to student visa back again and we be ok

anyway i not going back to home as i happy here with or not my hsmp extensions, if they give it good, but if not good i stay anyway

i am interesting in send anyone a mail maybe you can help my boyfriend cause he comin up in january an hsmp extension time and want to stay in Asda, its good?

Junior0300

what was that!!!

Post by Junior0300 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:08 am

Home Office is actually tryng to target Daphnie.Grant kind of people and we are all getting affected.

Isn't it guys!!!

:o

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:14 am

True, everyone suffers as a result.

Daphnie.Grant
Newly Registered

Post by Daphnie.Grant » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:04 am

listen u not worry so much all time ok. i ben callin the people for the internet on gumtree in morning and some there he tell that can still do hsmp papers for my boyfriend in jan even with new rules, so i not be worry abot the rules they changed from the mouth of home office. if we pay him he's say we dont got to do the english stuff as well and he fix the payslip so it will be good

just dont be so worry about it cause the home office he not really control who can stay or go much as he want control them. everyone one we no he have hsmp so what, its not for specials that think they smart. if you come from a poor in india what you do? just stay there and say ok i not come to uk to make happy, or you make your papers and stay here to try work when it comes?

aqilzeeshan

Post by aqilzeeshan » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:49 pm

The pace with which "Daphnie.Grant" is progressing, genuine hsmps should get ready for ban and deportation in few days.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:51 pm

I think this Daphnie.Grant kind of person is a virtual entity. It is only trying to express what has been going on with HSMP applications using false connotations/expressions.

Because I cannot imagine a 'personality' like Daphnie.Grant how it can even get pass the immigration at the airport talkless of getting HSMP!

I think people are begining to ridicule the burning issue at hand, which to my mind it is very unfortunate.

We are talking about serious issues here which need serious and geniune contributions to help somebody somewhere to get over this 'sleepless night' thing home office have caused people with genuine reasons for not accepting this new rules.

I think HO has concluded to send people especially HSMP beneficiaries out of this country, if they can make rules to cancel the existing ones. IT IS MOST UNFORTUNATE!

I hope and pray that there will be soul-comforting solutions at the end of the day from HO to agrieved applicants, for HO to reconsider her decisions for people who came in using the old HSMP rule.

Retrospective and reconsideration should be the name of the game!

Our greatest concerns are for those who came in with the old HSMP rules.
I believe there is light at the end of the tunnel on this matter, let us keep on pressurizing the HO with our thoughts on this issue.
Last edited by iyanu on Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Daphnie.Grant
Newly Registered

Post by Daphnie.Grant » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:42 pm

aqilzeeshan wrote:The pace with which "Daphnie.Grant" is progressing, genuine hsmps should get ready for ban and deportation in few days.
I dont understand, i make sure our extension is good, so that good rite? really dont be scare, as it can all be fix, on the home office.

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:35 pm

iyanu?

how are you .. please get in touch maybe through PM.

sorry to advertise but anyone that thinks something should be done about this crazy rule shoudl try hsmp2006 yahoo group... they are pulling something together to try for judicial review?

If everyone can come together to challenge this unfair rule ..it may be rescinded .. I pray sincerely
My bow has been renewed

aqilzeeshan

Post by aqilzeeshan » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:40 am

Hi,

I posted my application on 7th Nov, it reached HO on 8th Nov, Payment was cleared on 9th Nov, Decision was made on 24th Nov and i got recorded delivery card on 25th Nov and collected docs on 27th Nov. I got 4 year extesnion.

This is great news for all those who sent their applications on 7th Nov. HO is considering the postal stamp you have on your envelop by Post Office when you send your docs.

I will keep on fighting with group HSMP2006 financially, with my physcial presence and whatever i can do as they are not different from me. Only difference is i posted my application on 7th Nov. What if i had delayed one day !!!!!

Thanks a lot for all of you guys for constantly updating the hsmp community about the most recent news and situations.

Thanks

rana78
Newly Registered

Post by rana78 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:58 am

My time line,

Extension Application Posted:31 Aug
Funds Cleared: 02 Nov
Docs Received: 27 Nov

Thank you

ATBPLC

Post by ATBPLC » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:00 am

Hi All,
It just occured to me now that I should call on everybody to join hands in fighting this war. Even those who have got 4 years extension are not spared the ordeal.

This is because 5 years stay will be calculated from the date yor entered Uk and not date of visa, which means many who have got 4 years extension will still run short of 5 year stay requirement by the time their visa expires and they will still need to ask for some months extension.

We are in together. Lets fight through the yahoo group.
#
We cannot be made victims of the change in political imperatives

Circ8worker
Newly Registered

Earnings for extension

Post by Circ8worker » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:14 pm

Hello All:

My initial one year HSMP is set to expire on January 23 2007 and I have been working in a salaried position with a London based concern since July 2006. Given that I will be in employment at the time when my application for extension is being considered - would it be possible for me to count earnings during January 2007 as points for the extension. Given the rule changes, I need to include as much earnings as I can and therefore will be sending in my application after the 15th of January - and was hoping that they will count my earnings up until then to determine the points-based score. I probably will not have a pay-slip for Jan -2007, however, I could get a letter from employer stating how much I have earned up until then.

Kindly let me know what your thoughts are and whether there is a better way to do this.

Many thanks in advance.

Vivid
Newly Registered

Re: Earnings for extension

Post by Vivid » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:39 pm

Circ8worker wrote:Hello All:

My initial one year HSMP is set to expire on January 23 2007 and I have been working in a salaried position with a London based concern since July 2006. Given that I will be in employment at the time when my application for extension is being considered - would it be possible for me to count earnings during January 2007 as points for the extension. Given the rule changes, I need to include as much earnings as I can and therefore will be sending in my application after the 15th of January - and was hoping that they will count my earnings up until then to determine the points-based score. I probably will not have a pay-slip for Jan -2007, however, I could get a letter from employer stating how much I have earned up until then.

Kindly let me know what your thoughts are and whether there is a better way to do this.

Many thanks in advance.
Join our group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HSMP2006/

Circ8worker
Newly Registered

Can the moderators kindly send me their thoughts on this one

Post by Circ8worker » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:09 pm

Thanks Vivid thats a great idea.

However, if possible, can the moderators or someone else please answer my query?

Thanks in advance!

Circ8worker wrote:
Hello All:

Many thanks in advance.

Golauk

Post by Golauk » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:53 pm

All

Timeline for HSMP extension approval:

Send application 0n 7th Nov on FLR(IED) form.
Payment deducted on 9th Nov.
Extension Approved 30 Nov (upto Nov 2010)
Passport and documents despatched 01 dec.

Best wishes for all HSMP extensioners.

Regards

GolaUK
God is Great!

molly168
Newly Registered

Post by molly168 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:40 pm

Hi everyone,
My approval is granted, below is my time line,
3 Nov: post to H.O.
6 Nov: Cheque payment process
10 Nov: shown on my A/C statement
14: Confirmation Letter with ref. No.
28: Granted (post to me on 1 Dec)

Good luck with your applications and thanks foe the informatios!!!

cheers,
molly

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:55 pm

My extension was granted.

7th Nov: Posted envelope
8th Nov: Envelope reached HO
9th Nov: Payment process + Confirmation letter
1st Dec: Approval granted
6th Dec: Received approval + passport + orig documents in post

Extension granted until December 2010.

Good luck to all who applied after the 7th. Our prayers and support are with you.
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture