ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Best place for job-counties or major cities

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vadan
Newly Registered

Best place for job-counties or major cities

Post by vadan » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:12 am

which is the best place to search job initially whether it is counties
or major cities like b 'ham, london.where can we find cheap accommodation around for 15 pounds or less per day

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:02 am

Assuming that you are on HSMP, it is a difficult choice because while living expenses are considerably lesser in counties the salaries would also be lower compared to London and hence would present difficulties at the time of extension to meet the high threshold set by HO.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:33 am

vadan, if you use a website such as www.rightmove.co.uk you can check out the cost of accommodation.

The price of accommodation tends to be dependent upon three factors ... location, location, location! Accommodation prices do vary considerably. As they say, you pays your money and takes your choice.

I suspect you will not be interested in the 10-bedroom place in Birmingham on the market for £4600 per month! But for less than £350 per month there are certainly places available, and even cheaper than that if prepared to have shared accommodation .... your own bedroom, but other facilities shared.
John

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:39 pm

Hi john,
where may I ask do I get a place for 350 in Brum..looking desperately but a 2 bed seems to be in the range of 495-550 pcm and even more.

So please give suggestions.. Agencies are terrible with admin costs of over 220pounds... it seems brum isno longer soo cheap.

I wonder how HO expects a newbie in UK to earn 35k in birmingham.. it will be a tough cookie.

average salaries here are in the range of 18-25k over that is on the high side.
Oh well .. lets wait for December 5.
My bow has been renewed

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:15 pm

Yodiyokun, use of that rightmove website throws up 2-bed places starting at £450 per month. But I cannot assist with the agency aspect that you mention.

Are you already in Birmingham now? If so, whereabouts are you? Or that reference to 5th December ... is that when you arrive?
John

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:38 pm

Yodiyokun, you might like to look at ..... http://tinyurl.com/wjmhe .... and as long as you don't mind living above shops, that £415 pm looks to be reasonable ... well in the absence of a look at the place it sounds reasonable.
John