ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement Branch print out

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

legalalien
United Kingdom

Bank statement Branch print out

Post by legalalien » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:43 am

Apologise if this was discussed before, I am applying for ILR WP+T1 this wednsday. I have original bank statements for April 11 to end of March 12 for points evidence.
In Section 5 of Set O they ask to provide 3months statement, I have gone to Natwest branch today to ask for a print out for march to today, they have provided a print out with letterheaded paper but refused to stamp it as they claim it is against bank policy!! I am not very happy with them and my first task after ILR is to find another bank, I told the branch manager "helpful banking my a**".

Anyways, I would like to know if anyone used a branch print out without stamp/signature or do you think the Caseworker will query it? Do I really need to provide aprils statement even though I am not using april salary for points?

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:21 pm

Am at natwest bank...trying to beg for a stamp...they said something about a letter confirming account details and latest balance but they will charge £10...really confused here...any suggestions

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:46 pm

they were not helpful at all so I am stuck with this bank print out...and got slammed with a parking ticket....having a bad day :(

jack_seth

Re: Bank statement Branch print out

Post by jack_seth » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:15 pm

Why do you need to provide last 3 months bank statments? It is a requirement only for WP/Tier1 holders not for Tier1 guys..
legalalien wrote:Apologise if this was discussed before, I am applying for ILR WP+T1 this wednsday. I have original bank statements for April 11 to end of March 12 for points evidence.
In Section 5 of Set O they ask to provide 3months statement, I have gone to Natwest branch today to ask for a print out for march to today, they have provided a print out with letterheaded paper but refused to stamp it as they claim it is against bank policy!! I am not very happy with them and my first task after ILR is to find another bank, I told the branch manager "helpful banking my a**".

Anyways, I would like to know if anyone used a branch print out without stamp/signature or do you think the Caseworker will query it? Do I really need to provide aprils statement even though I am not using april salary for points?

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:57 pm

its a requirement for all applicants who completed section 5 of set O
Your Finances
Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds. (See Note 5).
Last edited by legalalien on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jack_seth

Post by jack_seth » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:01 pm

That is required only if you get financial support from friend or relative... Please read the statement " If you claim that a relative
or friend is providing you with financial support
"
legalalien wrote:its a requirement for all applicants who completed section 5 of set O
Your Finances
Note 5 We do not accept internet or cashpoint statements as evidence of finances. If you claim that a relative
or friend is providing you with financial support (see question 5.4), in addition to evidence of your own finances,
you must provide bank statements or other documents of the kind described above as evidence of their financial
resources. The documents showing the finances available to you and to any person supporting you should cover
at least the last 3 months.
Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings
book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds. (See Note 5).

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:09 pm

Sorry Jack, its difficult to copy and paste from PDF, the your finances section is for everyone, so I would need to submit my statements to show I can maintain myself, the if you claim from a friend bit is asking for additional statements from whoever is supporting you. Thats how I read it anyways. Check the original format in set o http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf page 39

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Bank statement Branch print out

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:17 pm

legalalien wrote:Apologise if this was discussed before, I am applying for ILR WP+T1 this wednsday. I have original bank statements for April 11 to end of March 12 for points evidence.

Legalalien, responding to the question on whether you need the statement for April, I'd say it would be safer to have it with you purely for Section 5, though depending on how accomodating/reasonable your caseworker is, if you are making an in person application you may be able to explain the reason for not having this - I know someone who did this successfully for a visa application. The general rule for most visa applications (i.e. for maintenance) has been that "the latest bank statement must be dated no more than 1 calendar month before the application".

In terms of Natwest, I have in the past found smaller bank branches to be more accomodating than larger ones when it comes to getting many things done. I remember I had them write a authenticity cover letter for a bank statement that they had to printout because it was lost in the post, but this was a couple of years ago, so they may have changed their rules since then. You might want to try a smaller branch, if you haven't already that is!

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:12 am

Thanks CS
I think Natwest are becoming ruthless with stamping policy, last year I managed to squeeze a stamp for a printout when applying for a schengen visa. This time, I have tried a couple of local branches and they all refused to stamp it.

Looking back at SET o guide, I think I should be ok with the branch transaction print as it is in a headed paper and includes all the required fields (must clearly show your: name; account number; the date of the statement; the financial institution’s name and logo). In the guidance, section 10:

We can also accept as evidence:
A bank or building society statement printed on
the bank’s or building society’s letterhead
, but this
excludes mini-statements from automatic teller
machines (ATMs);

In view of the timing constrains I think I am just gonna take the print out and hope for the best.

jack_seth

Post by jack_seth » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:41 am

You don't need to show fund maintenance if you are in Tier1..
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewt ... f0f7d909b6

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:11 pm

thats right Jack, maintenance as in minimum amount (e.g. when extending t1/2 visas) is not needed.
But have you checked SET O section 5 about Your Finances?

jack_seth

Post by jack_seth » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:19 pm

legalalien:

Tomorrow I am going to Solihull for my ILR. I am going to show the income from Mar'11 to Feb'12 only. Latest statement i have got it only for 18Jan to 17Feb. I don't have any statement for 18thMar to 17thFeb. Let see how it works and let you know by tomorrow.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Best of luck tomorrow Jack, keep us posted

jack_seth

Post by jack_seth » Tue May 01, 2012 1:03 am

I got my ILR without March payslip and bank statement. Please read my ILR story herehttp://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=101766
legalalien wrote:Best of luck tomorrow Jack, keep us posted