ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Tue May 01, 2012 10:24 am

varna1983 wrote:
Samelamin wrote:
Anatole wrote:
Keshav_Din wrote:

Congratulations to you... I applied on the same date as you and my COA is dated 22 February 2012. I haven't received anything yet... But hey am very happy for you.

Just a matter of time I suppose
Happy for you, really. But gutted. Simply gutted by the fact that there does not seem to be any logic or fairness. The latter being the least we could expect.
Tell me about it, The fact is non visa nationals are taking an extremely long time. Im not insinuating beloved but its hard not to feel dissapointed by the lack of fairness
Just as a matter of fact, i am an eu citizen and sent my app eea3 on d 7th of february and its gonna be almost 3 months now and still waiting! So HO discriminate everyone! Not to mention that a friend of mine sent d very same application on the 20th of march and got her pr after 3 weeks...so where is the justice?
yes but where is your partner from?

I mean the Arabs/Asians and Africans such as myself tend to wait much longer than say a Australian or american

we dont have all the numbers yes but that's the way iit seems if you read this thread from start to finish

on average people who need a visa to travel in and around Europe will take much much longer.

for example I wanted to apply for a tourist visa to go to Spain, it says that it takes 2 weeks, took them 2 months!! while my Australian friend got it within a week
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

CondorVilla
Newly Registered

Post by CondorVilla » Tue May 01, 2012 11:27 am

CondorVilla wrote:
goodies wrote:
CondorVilla wrote:I sent an email April 6th asking for our passports to be returned for emergency travel and I have received neither a reply nor our passports. I'm nervous because other people mentioned getting their passports very quickly...

Could it be that I requested it too soon? Or that my partner's visa expired beginning of April? (We married on 1 MAR 2012 so he is still legally allowed to be here)
CondorVilla, Pls try and call HO on phone,hope this time they will respond to your request. All the best
I am livid. Still not passport. I called on Monday to speak to someone and requested it, she said I would get it by Friday. Friday I called again because we didn't receive the passports, after 15 minutes on hold spoke to someone who told me that the request for the passport is on the computer but it appears it hasn't been sent out yet. She also told me that she couldn't do anything because the request was less than 5 days old (apparently they never processed the THREE emails I sent requesting the passports) and to call back on Monday.

To add insult to injury, she told me my application was only put into the system on April 16, a month after I sent it, and that my partner should expect his COA in a few weeks...

I have my only remaining grandmother in the hospital, all alone, for a month now, and UKBA won't give me my passport! I am so frustrated I am in tears. Does anyone have any advice on who else to contact? If I don't have good news tomorrow when I call, I am thinking of contacting my MP but I'm not sure if that will do any good?

Sorry to vent but I am so angry right now...

Finally received our passports today, sent back in the return envelope we sent. No COA with it, just a letter saying we will need to apply for a Family Permit if we want to return to this country (which seems wrong...doesn't my husband have right to enter with me if I am an EU national and exercising treaty rights?). Also saying not to return the passports until it has been requested by a case worker.

Be warned those who want their passports back, don't bother emailing, just call...

flashware

Post by flashware » Tue May 01, 2012 12:26 pm

CondorVilla wrote:
CondorVilla wrote:
goodies wrote:
CondorVilla wrote:I sent an email April 6th asking for our passports to be returned for emergency travel and I have received neither a reply nor our passports. I'm nervous because other people mentioned getting their passports very quickly...

Could it be that I requested it too soon? Or that my partner's visa expired beginning of April? (We married on 1 MAR 2012 so he is still legally allowed to be here)
CondorVilla, Pls try and call HO on phone,hope this time they will respond to your request. All the best
I am livid. Still not passport. I called on Monday to speak to someone and requested it, she said I would get it by Friday. Friday I called again because we didn't receive the passports, after 15 minutes on hold spoke to someone who told me that the request for the passport is on the computer but it appears it hasn't been sent out yet. She also told me that she couldn't do anything because the request was less than 5 days old (apparently they never processed the THREE emails I sent requesting the passports) and to call back on Monday.

To add insult to injury, she told me my application was only put into the system on April 16, a month after I sent it, and that my partner should expect his COA in a few weeks...

I have my only remaining grandmother in the hospital, all alone, for a month now, and UKBA won't give me my passport! I am so frustrated I am in tears. Does anyone have any advice on who else to contact? If I don't have good news tomorrow when I call, I am thinking of contacting my MP but I'm not sure if that will do any good?

Finally received our passports today, sent back in the return envelope we sent. No COA with it, just a letter saying we will need to apply for a Family Permit if we want to return to this country (which seems wrong...doesn't my husband have right to enter with me if I am an EU national and exercising treaty rights?). Also saying not to return the passports until it has been requested by a case worker.

Be warned those who want their passports back, don't bother emailing, just call...
He does have a right to enter, however if he doesn't have an entry visa for the UK your limitations will be on the airline side of things as they are not often aware of these rulings.
EEA2 Submitted: 26/04/12
Received by HO: 27/04/12
Passport requested: 8/5/12
Passport received: 17/5/12
COA received: 17/5/12
RC sent: 21/09/12

JJ03
Newly Registered

Post by JJ03 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:49 pm

isw_london wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm really sorry to hear that some of your applications are taking so long, and I hope my news gives you hope rather than makes you more frustrated... I received my RC today!!

My final timeline is:
Application dated: 28 Feb 2012
Application received by HO: 29 Feb 2012
COA received: 30 Mar 2012 (dated 28 Mar)
RC received: 28 Apr 2012 (dated 11 Apr)

So it is possible for HO to process applications quite quickly. Good luck to you all!!
Congs! That was pretty quick. Myself having flown into the second month of waiting for a mere COA, am begining to suspect that my case worker could be my ex partner:)) I think i should now shift my focus onto the RC and forget all about the COA. I know of one who actually recieved their RC before the COA and when the COA arrived, it had a back date implying that they should have recieved it three weeks into submitting the application. Lets keep cool guys, there is still light at the end of the tunnel.

greatscott
United Kingdom

Post by greatscott » Tue May 01, 2012 12:50 pm

Samelamin wrote:
varna1983 wrote:
Samelamin wrote:
Anatole wrote:
Happy for you, really. But gutted. Simply gutted by the fact that there does not seem to be any logic or fairness. The latter being the least we could expect.
Tell me about it, The fact is non visa nationals are taking an extremely long time. Im not insinuating beloved but its hard not to feel dissapointed by the lack of fairness
Just as a matter of fact, i am an eu citizen and sent my app eea3 on d 7th of february and its gonna be almost 3 months now and still waiting! So HO discriminate everyone! Not to mention that a friend of mine sent d very same application on the 20th of march and got her pr after 3 weeks...so where is the justice?

I mean the Arabs/Asians and Africans such as myself tend to wait much longer than say a Australian or american

we dont have all the numbers yes but that's the way iit seems if you read this thread from start to finish

on average people who need a visa to travel in and around Europe will take much much longer.

for example I wanted to apply for a tourist visa to go to Spain, it says that it takes 2 weeks, took them 2 months!! while my Australian friend got it within a week
One swallow doesn't make a summer. Facts please- can you supply these?
Can any of your contacts within the UKBA provide you with these facts. Are the caseworkers dearly beloved? What is the ethnic make up of caseworkers in the UKBA?

We are both non-visa nationals and have no COA after 2.5 months.
You got your COA after 2.5 weeks? Did you get your COA so quickly because you were an arab/asian/ african?

Wow, thats discrimination man! against non-visa nationals (':roll:')

Yes, I understand its convenient for you to pull the race card on anything that you don't get!, but unless you have facts that clearly point to beloved, I'd like to once again request that you stop making inflammatory statements on this forum.

JJ03
Newly Registered

Post by JJ03 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:59 pm

CondorVilla wrote:
CondorVilla wrote:
goodies wrote:

So this clearly explains that though you request for the return of your passports, it doesn't guarantee the fast processing of your application.

jayven

Post by jayven » Tue May 01, 2012 2:12 pm

EEA2 sent = 02 feb 12
HO received = 03 feb 12
COA = no news
RC = no news

sent two letter to ask about status on 12 april 12 till today= no news
HO well done

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Tue May 01, 2012 2:36 pm

greatscott wrote:
Samelamin wrote:
varna1983 wrote:
Samelamin wrote:

Can any of your contacts within the UKBA provide you with these facts. Are the caseworkers dearly beloved? What is the ethnic make up of caseworkers in the UKBA?

You got your COA after 2.5 weeks? Did you get your COA so quickly because you were an arab/asian/ african?

Yes, I understand its convenient for you to pull the race card on anything that you don't get!, but unless you have facts that clearly point to beloved, I'd like to once again request that you stop making inflammatory statements on this forum.
I was not alluding to beloved and I clearly said I dont have all the facts, but from the information we do have we can deduce an average. quite a few applications were made since this form was posted dont you thing

Im just saying they dont treat everyone equally from what we can see
COA received - 18 Jan

greatscott
United Kingdom

Post by greatscott » Tue May 01, 2012 3:07 pm

Samelamin wrote:
greatscott wrote:
Samelamin wrote:
varna1983 wrote:

I was not alluding to beloved and I clearly said I dont have all the facts, but from the information we do have we can deduce an average. quite a few applications were made since this form was posted dont you thing

You're making all these emotional broadcasts, based on your own prejudice.

And who is "we"- who do you represent? Arabs/Asians and Africans? Really? no-one else?

And what facts do you have?

We're Australian/NZ, but we don't have a COA after 2.5 months. You got yours after 2.5 weeks (':lol:')

Best thing you can do is stop making inflammatory remarks (unless of course you have some facts to go on) and get over whatever prejudice you obviously have.

I'm surprised that the mods on here are allowing you to continue trolling and instigating people- all because you want, everyone obviously owes you, and you demand it before 6 months!

aluter

Post by aluter » Tue May 01, 2012 3:18 pm

greatscott wrote:
Samelamin wrote:
greatscott wrote:
Samelamin wrote:

You're making all these emotional broadcasts, based on your own prejudice.

And who is "we"- who do you represent? Arabs/Asians and Africans? Really? no-one else?

And what facts do you have?

We're Australian/NZ, but we don't have a COA after 2.5 months. You got yours after 2.5 weeks (':lol:')

Best thing you can do is stop making inflammatory remarks (unless of course you have some facts to go on) and get over whatever prejudice you obviously have.

I'm surprised that the mods on here are allowing you to continue trolling and instigating people- all because you want, everyone obviously owes you, and you demand it before 6 months!
Hey guys, I think this back and forth thing about beloved is enough. Whatever any ones opinion is about how the HO is going about things should be kept to them selves.

This post is meant to keep everyone updated on their applications.

Afterall it takes 6 months...anyone who gets it before that is plan lucky.

aluter

Post by aluter » Tue May 01, 2012 3:20 pm

Ms.Montagne wrote:I've received my RC yesterday!

My timeline has been so far,

27/01/2012 Application
22/02/2012 COA Received(dated 14/02/2012)
29/04/2012 RC Received(dated 26/04/2012)

I'm an American girl who married to a Spanish guy.
This forum has been a big emotional support since last December.
Hope everybody could receive their RC soon!
Wooow how come you got yours on a sunday??? :D

JJ03
Newly Registered

Post by JJ03 » Tue May 01, 2012 3:54 pm

aluter wrote:

27/01/2012 Application

Lol.... Perhaps it's a sign of good news that they are now working overtime to speed up the process :)

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Tue May 01, 2012 3:56 pm

By we Mr greatscott I mean anybody who can read the posts, I am not "trolling" anyone!!

This is really frustrating as you are accusing me of something which I repeatly said im not doing

HAve you even bothered reading the posts from start to finish because I have.

If you did and took an average you would see what I mean. Rather than get angry and start a useless argument I will just drop it and let go. Like the post above me says this thread is to keep people updated on their applications and I more than most have been guilty of not doing ONLY that
COA received - 18 Jan

aluter

Post by aluter » Tue May 01, 2012 6:13 pm

JJ03 wrote:
aluter wrote:

27/01/2012 Application

Lol.... Perhaps it's a sign of good news that they are now working overtime to speed up the process :)
haha I LIKE!!!!!

Jot_Marine
Newly Registered

Post by Jot_Marine » Tue May 01, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi everyone, I am new here. I submitted my EEA2 application on 28/02/12 and received my COA on 26/03/12 dated 19/03/12. However my COA states am not allowed to work while my application is pending. I have not been working because of this and I am getting frustrated.
My lawyer recently wrote to HO that I should be issued with a letter allowing me to work pending the outcome of my application because am I legally allowed since I am married to an EU national. Do you guys think HO would issue a letter to this effect.

Keshav_Din
Newly Registered

Post by Keshav_Din » Tue May 01, 2012 11:03 pm

Samelamin wrote:By we Mr greatscott I mean anybody who can read the posts, I am not "trolling" anyone!!

This is really frustrating as you are accusing me of something which I repeatly said im not doing

HAve you even bothered reading the posts from start to finish because I have.

If you did and took an average you would see what I mean. Rather than get angry and start a useless argument I will just drop it and let go. Like the post above me says this thread is to keep people updated on their applications and I more than most have been guilty of not doing ONLY that

Samelamin, dude what's your bloody problem? Can you not wait for 6 months? Are your employers not accepting your COA? Did u make any certified copies of your passport before applying for your EEA2? Did u read the rules and regulations before applying for the residence card? Oh and when u got married, did u have any valid leave to remain in the UK? Why do u blame the HO when they are just doing their jobs?

Some applications get dealt with faster because each application is assigned to a different case worker. Some applications are straightforward whilst others are not. I haven't received my RC yet and I am not complaining. I applied in January 2012 and received my COA.

As one saying goes... good things come to those who wait. I cannot understand your anger or madness or maybe state of mind. You should chill out dude.

When did u apply btw?

Wish u all the best for the future and be cool man.

Keshav_Din
Newly Registered

Post by Keshav_Din » Tue May 01, 2012 11:17 pm

Jot_Marine wrote:Hi everyone, I am new here. I submitted my EEA2 application on 28/02/12 and received my COA on 26/03/12 dated 19/03/12. However my COA states am not allowed to work while my application is pending. I have not been working because of this and I am getting frustrated.
My lawyer recently wrote to HO that I should be issued with a letter allowing me to work pending the outcome of my application because am I legally allowed since I am married to an EU national. Do you guys think HO would issue a letter to this effect.
Hi there. This sometimes happens when u dnt have a valid leave to remain or your existing leave to remain in the UK was about to expire when you got married. Anyway, if your application was straightforward and if u didnt engage in a civil partnership, i think u should have been allowed to work here. I suggest u call the HO personally.

Hope this helps.

matess
Newly Registered

Post by matess » Wed May 02, 2012 12:08 pm

just want to share my EEA2 Application Timeline

RC - no news

Chiang
Newly Registered

Post by Chiang » Wed May 02, 2012 2:35 pm

share my EEA2 Application Timeline too

bandor
Newly Registered

Post by bandor » Wed May 02, 2012 5:09 pm

all the best to everyone who just posted their application

I'm past the 4 months mark and still waiting on RC

goodies

Post by goodies » Wed May 02, 2012 6:27 pm

bandor wrote:all the best to everyone who just posted their application

Same here, the four months mark is over but still nothing from HO.
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

With God all things are possible.

athik
Newly Registered

Post by athik » Wed May 02, 2012 8:20 pm

goodies wrote:
bandor wrote:all the best to everyone who just posted their application

Same here, the four months mark is over but still nothing from HO.
Same here toooooo, by this 12th it will cross 5 months mark

marz
Newly Registered

My Timeline

Post by marz » Thu May 03, 2012 12:09 am

Hello
Finally i decided to share my timeline as well

EEA2: 6th Dec 2011
UKBA received Application : 7th Dec 2011
CoA : Have no idea how it looks like :p
RC : Waiting

jayven

Post by jayven » Thu May 03, 2012 2:55 am

EEA2 sent = 02 feb 12
HO received = 03 feb 12
COA = 02 may 12
RC = no news

goodies

Re: My Timeline

Post by goodies » Thu May 03, 2012 8:06 am

marz wrote:Hello
Finally i decided to share my timeline as well

EEA2: 6th Dec 2011
UKBA received Application : 7th Dec 2011
CoA : Have no idea how it looks like :p
RC : Waiting
Marz, have you please called HO or sent them email with regard to your COA.
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

With God all things are possible.