ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smuhammad84
Newly Registered

Post by smuhammad84 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:08 pm

I have just made a song for my coming visa. Have a look and love it:

I'm waiting for my documents and BPR to come,
I'll hug them both and kiss them both,
And put them in to my pocket,
So that the warmth of them,
Will break the ice in my cold soul.
Please come my sweet deliveries ASAP. Inshallah. :D

Ohhhhhh, feels better after the song :oops: :oops: :oops:

beeth_ven
Newly Registered

DX courier's efficient service

Post by beeth_ven » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:03 pm

So folks! The excitement of finally getting my hands on my BRP turned into seething anger when DX couriers made me wait the whole day in front of my door and then delivered NOTHING!! :x When I checked online on the tracking system, they said that the 'delivery was unsuccessful' as no one was there to collect it and they had supposedly left a calling card...I was pacing in front of the door in my Spam the whole day and NO ONE CAME AND THERE WAS NO CALLING CARD LEFT !!! LIARS!! :x Now I have had to re-deliver my courier for Wednesday...This is beyond frustrating!! :evil:

jjavaid
Newly Registered

PSW Visa Application

Post by jjavaid » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi

I submitted my biometrics on the 19th of March (Camden Post Office) - haven't heard anything back till now. I sent a recorded delivery envelope along with my application and noted the tracking number down but as of yet have there are no updates online on the Royal Mail Track n Trace website.

Has anyone from the 19th of March batch received anything back?
Any information or feedback will be much appreciated!

Thanks

ssjj
Newly Registered

17 th march brp

Post by ssjj » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:41 pm

anyone who has done their brp on 17 th march pls update....

daisydee456
Newly Registered

Re: DX courier's efficient service

Post by daisydee456 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:56 pm

Ah sorry to hear that....must be frustrating. Hope you get it on Wednesday

beeth_ven wrote:So folks! The excitement of finally getting my hands on my BRP turned into seething anger when DX couriers made me wait the whole day in front of my door and then delivered NOTHING!! :x When I checked online on the tracking system, they said that the 'delivery was unsuccessful' as no one was there to collect it and they had supposedly left a calling card...I was pacing in front of the door in my Spam the whole day and NO ONE CAME AND THERE WAS NO CALLING CARD LEFT !!! LIARS!! :x Now I have had to re-deliver my courier for Wednesday...This is beyond frustrating!! :evil:

easydoesit
Newly Registered

Post by easydoesit » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:05 pm

Application Sent: 1st Feb 2012 (Special delivery)
Acknowledgement letter received : 7th Feb 2012
Biometric invitation received: 10th March 2012 (Mistake in letter)
Second Biometric invitation received: 23rd March 2012
Biometrics done:24th March 2012 Camden Post Office

Passport : waiting
BRP : waiting

Job offer in hand was due to start on 30.04.12 extension of 3 weeks granted have to show passport and BRP by 15th May 2012 otherwise I ll have to let go of the job offer.

daisydee456
Newly Registered

Post by daisydee456 » Tue May 01, 2012 10:04 am

I also checked... nothing for me

ummer2000 wrote:
Maninder 84 wrote:
ummer2000 wrote:
Maninder 84 wrote:
what you can do is e-mail your full name and address where u stay to
tracking@securemail.co.uk and ask them is there any documents to be delivered at ur post code and u will get relpy within minutes...its DX help line
let us know..
thank you
Maninder, i have done biometrics on 20th March. I e mailed on your rephered link, but there is no reply.
it should take 15 min and u will get reply...
Thanks they respond. But nothing for me.
:( :( :(

mousamhere
Newly Registered

Re: Timeline

Post by mousamhere » Tue May 01, 2012 10:54 am

Maninder 84 wrote:
mousamhere wrote:Hello,
Here is my timeline
Application sent 18/02
Biometric done 26/03
Nothing has updated sine then
Could anyone tell when approximately I would get back docs and BRP..

The waiting is killing me..
:twisted:
hi myself too have done biometric on 26th March at old street post office...no news hope we can get around 7th may
Hello guys,
Could anyone can anticipate that I would get my docs & BRP before the 13th of this month where i have done Biometric on 26th of March..
Quite frustrating :evil:

Thanks

Thehappyone
Newly Registered

Post by Thehappyone » Tue May 01, 2012 11:22 am

Unfortunately the UKBA are currently only considering applications were the applicants had their biometrics done on or before the 12th of March 2012 and this has been the case for over 3 weeks now. This information is on their website and could be found on this link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/

Taking into account the closure of the psw visa scheme, it would be reasonable to assume that a lot of applications were made in this period when compared to other periods and as such the process will take a lot longer than usual.

One can continuously check the link daily to see if updates will be made as to whether they have started considering the applications of applicants who had their biometrics done after the 12th of March 2012.

I can understand people's frustration in waiting for what seems to be an endless time period, however, there is a saying that ''no news is good news'', in this case meaning that you are better of waiting for a good outcome rather than the process being rushed and a case worker making an error and refusing you your visa.

I would urge everyone to be patient, continue to check the UKBA website for updates and hope for the best.

ssjj
Newly Registered

17 th match brp

Post by ssjj » Tue May 01, 2012 12:12 pm

Hey guys good news got my documents today do hopefully will get my brp shortly
My time line
Application sent 3 feb
Biometrics Clapham , london 17 th march
Documents 1 may
Brp waiting 😃

shribalaji

Post by shribalaji » Tue May 01, 2012 12:51 pm

Thehappyone wrote:Unfortunately the UKBA are currently only considering applications were the applicants had their biometrics done on or before the 12th of March 2012 and this has been the case for over 3 weeks now. This information is on their website and could be found on this link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/

Taking into account the closure of the psw visa scheme, it would be reasonable to assume that a lot of applications were made in this period when compared to other periods and as such the process will take a lot longer than usual.

One can continuously check the link daily to see if updates will be made as to whether they have started considering the applications of applicants who had their biometrics done after the 12th of March 2012.

I can understand people's frustration in waiting for what seems to be an endless time period, however, there is a saying that ''no news is good news'', in this case meaning that you are better of waiting for a good outcome rather than the process being rushed and a case worker making an error and refusing you your visa.

I would urge everyone to be patient, continue to check the UKBA website for updates and hope for the best.

I guess you haven't followed this forum and posts quite regularly. Its been the same for three weeks but few (quite a lot after 12th)who did bio metric on 23rd march got their documents and visa back. Huge volume of application is not a valid reason for such a highly concerned department, which inevitably involves life , career of those people who applied.

I dont know where you got the saying 'no news is good news' But i dont like it in this situation. If you say so being optimistic is good but what if they refuse after all this long wait ? I can understand what you are trying to say because that's all we can do right now, being calm and cool. Only thing that bothers me is UKBA doesn't give a ***** about their applicants. They don't even appologize for their incompetency.

ummer2000

Re: 17 th match brp

Post by ummer2000 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:55 pm

ssjj wrote:Hey guys good news got my documents today do hopefully will get my brp shortly
My time line
Application sent 3 feb
Biometrics Clapham , london 17 th march
Documents 1 may
Brp waiting 😃
Good luck mate hope we will be happy soon

rabh

Post by rabh » Tue May 01, 2012 1:35 pm

shribalaji wrote:
Thehappyone wrote:Unfortunately the UKBA are currently only considering applications were the applicants had their biometrics done on or before the 12th of March 2012 and this has been the case for over 3 weeks now. This information is on their website and could be found on this link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/

I guess you haven't followed this forum and posts quite regularly. Its been the same for three weeks but few (quite a lot after 12th)who did bio metric on 23rd march got their documents and visa back. Huge volume of application is not a valid reason for such a highly concerned department, which inevitably involves life , career of those people who applied.

I dont know where you got the saying 'no news is good news' But i dont like it in this situation. If you say so being optimistic is good but what if they refuse after all this long wait ? I can understand what you are trying to say because that's all we can do right now, being calm and cool. Only thing that bothers me is UKBA doesn't give a ***** about their applicants. They don't even appologize for their incompetency.
Very true mate! We are not bothered about the backlog, it is their job and they have to make sure the job is done as per the service standard. They have to do it either by working extra hours or by recruiting more staffs if they have a shortage. After all, applicants are not begging but they are utilising their rights being a graduate from this country.

dreamfriend

Post by dreamfriend » Tue May 01, 2012 1:42 pm

My PSW application was received by UKBA on 13 of March, AC letter 22 March its about 49 days and they did not invite me for biometric yet. :( Don't know how long I have to wait..............

placebo
Newly Registered

Post by placebo » Tue May 01, 2012 1:45 pm

All very true... However our hands are tied. Does anyone know how or if we can do something about this situation?
Even when I called them (UKBA) they don't give any information, which I think is my right to know. Been waiting for almost 2 months after biometrics and about 3,5 months in total... At least we should have right to know the process of our applications.
In my country there was a website that I could check my visa application status. Here in the U.K we are suffering! It's really sad that we have nothing else to do other than waiting...

rabh

Post by rabh » Tue May 01, 2012 1:56 pm

placebo wrote:All very true... However our hands are tied. Does anyone know how or if we can do something about this situation?
Even when I called them (UKBA) they don't give any information, which I think is my right to know. Been waiting for almost 2 months after biometrics and about 3,5 months in total... At least we should have right to know the process of our applications.
In my country there was a website that I could check my visa application status. Here in the U.K we are suffering! It's really sad that we have nothing else to do other than waiting...
I can understand your situation mate, biometric on 3rd March, right! It is strange unlike applying for student visa from outside UK, we have kept all the documents like bank statement, letter, certificate,....all generated in this country but still they take so much time to verify! And they don't even reply if there is anything wrong in the application...!!!

rabh

Post by rabh » Tue May 01, 2012 7:11 pm

[quote="dreamfriend"]My PSW application was received by UKBA on 13 of March, AC letter 22 March its about 49 days and they did not invite me for biometric yet. :( Don't know how long I have to wait..............[/quot

Due to the end of PSW route, a sudden last moment rush of applications which eventually got accumulated and ended up in so called ''HUGE BACKLOG'' might have delayed your biometric invitation letter! I got my letter in 26 working days when I applied in February so you can further calculate considering the piled up of applications. Again this is just rough idea, hopefully you should be getting it any moment now. All the best.......!!!

rajesh0428
Newly Registered

BRP on 19th March in Manchester post office

Post by rajesh0428 » Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 pm

heres my time line.

Application Posted : 7th FEB 2012
Application Received : 8th FEB 2012
Biometrics Given : 19th March

BRP : Waiting

Docs : Waiting
I have called UKBA on 2nd april to return my passport for identity purposes but they have not returned it yet, i have called them again on 30th april to inquire about it and was told that she put a remainder about it.

UKBA said that returning my passport will not effect process of my visa application. But i am worried whether this is the reason why my BRP is getting late?

Can anyone help???

beeth_ven
Newly Registered

Post by beeth_ven » Wed May 02, 2012 12:05 am

Hey nnanku! Did you receive your documents? I am wondering if there is any way to ask UKBA about tracking the documents package via Royal Mail...Raptorroz had said that it is possible to call them and ask about this but I have been unsuccessful....Raptorroz, which extension number did you use after dialling the UKBA inquiry number? By the way, did you get back your documents Raptorroz?
nnanku wrote:BRP received

Now waiting for my supporting docs

nnanku

Post by nnanku » Wed May 02, 2012 10:03 am

beeth_ven wrote:Hey nnanku! Did you receive your documents? I am wondering if there is any way to ask UKBA about tracking the documents package via Royal Mail...Raptorroz had said that it is possible to call them and ask about this but I have been unsuccessful....Raptorroz, which extension number did you use after dialling the UKBA inquiry number? By the way, did you get back your documents Raptorroz?

Yet to receive my documents too

Raptorroz

Post by Raptorroz » Wed May 02, 2012 10:14 am

nnanku wrote:
beeth_ven wrote:Hey nnanku! Did you receive your documents? I am wondering if there is any way to ask UKBA about tracking the documents package via Royal Mail...Raptorroz had said that it is possible to call them and ask about this but I have been unsuccessful....Raptorroz, which extension number did you use after dialling the UKBA inquiry number? By the way, did you get back your documents Raptorroz?

Yeah guys..here is the situation. i got my BRP on 25/4 right? and yet no documents. I rang UKBA and used the application more than 6 months option to speak with one of there advisers. she told me that my documents were sent on 30/4 (Monday) can you imagine that. lol they are so careless, and now i have to wait and expect my documents on Thursday or Friday :)

waiting4mypsw
Newly Registered

Re: BRP on 19th March in Manchester post office

Post by waiting4mypsw » Wed May 02, 2012 10:15 am

rajesh0428 wrote:heres my time line.

Application Posted : 7th FEB 2012
Application Received : 8th FEB 2012
Biometrics Given : 19th March

BRP : Waiting

Docs : Waiting
I have called UKBA on 2nd april to return my passport for identity purposes but they have not returned it yet, i have called them again on 30th april to inquire about it and was told that she put a remainder about it.

UKBA said that returning my passport will not effect process of my visa application. But i am worried whether this is the reason why my BRP is getting late?

Can anyone help???
Hey rajesh0428, have you got your passport back? I called the UKBA last week and they told me that If I need my passport back, it would take NO more than 4 weeks to arrive.. maybe I'll ask them for mine back, but I don't trust them... it might take longer than waiting for my visa and everything... just that I'm desperate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Be+
Newly Registered

Visa

Post by Be+ » Wed May 02, 2012 10:15 am

hello everyone,

Even I am in the same situation. My timeline is as follows:
Application submitted: 1st March 2012
Acknowledgement letter: 7th March 2012
Biometrics taken: 5th April 2012
Documents: waiting
BRP: waiting

has anyone submitted their application around this time? Also, I was wondering, is there anyone whose visa has been refused after Biometircs? just curious! :idea:

Raptorroz

Post by Raptorroz » Wed May 02, 2012 10:29 am

Raptorroz wrote:
nnanku wrote:

Yeah guys..here is the situation. i got my BRP on 25/4 right? and yet no documents. I rang UKBA and used the application more than 6 months option to speak with one of there advisers. she told me that my documents were sent on 30/4 (Monday) can you imagine that. lol they are so careless, and now i have to wait and expect my documents on Thursday or Friday :)

btw Beeth and Nanku, they send our documents via recorded signed for second class. needs 3 working days to get delivered and its untraceable. Call the UKBA and choose the option applications more than 6 months just to get the chance to speak with one of there operators, then provide your case reference number and tell them you got your BRP card as i did, then the operator will tell you when your documents were sent out...keep me posted guys :)

bhamblues

Post by bhamblues » Wed May 02, 2012 10:50 am

Raptorroz wrote:
Raptorroz wrote:
nnanku wrote:

btw Beeth and Nanku, they send our documents via recorded signed for second class. needs 3 working days to get delivered and its untraceable. Call the UKBA and choose the option applications more than 6 months just to get the chance to speak with one of there operators, then provide your case reference number and tell them you got your BRP card as i did, then the operator will tell you when your documents were sent out...keep me posted guys :)
Same here. I received my BRP on 30th April(dated 25th April) and when I rang UKBA, they said they have posted my documents only yesterday. Can you believe that!!