ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Eligibility and few questions on documentation : Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Master_Blaster

ILR Eligibility and few questions on documentation : Help

Post by Master_Blaster » Tue May 01, 2012 1:52 pm

Hi all, I have enjoyed this forum for almost 3 years. Keep up the good work all. My ILR is coming up in 2 weeks and I have a few questions.

I started a on a 5 year work permit starting from Jan 2005 (valid until Jan 2010). The first two years (until 2007), I was not continous here and spent only 6 months a year here.

On 10th Jun 2007, I came back on the same work permit. Ever since I have been continous in the UK. I switched to HSMP in Nov 2007 and got it stamped (in India) in Jan 2008.
I got my Tier 1 extn in Dec 2009 as my original visa was only for 2 years. My current leave to remain is valid until Jan 2013.

After reading different questions asked today, I am now confused about my eligibility and want to double check with seniors.

1) My understanding is that, I am eligible for ILR from 28 days before 10-Jun-2012. I have booked a PEO appointment on 18-May-2012 @ Croydon. Is this fine?

2) I was on a WP job with firm A from 10-Jun-2007 to Dec 2007. I was on a permamnent job with 1 company on my HSMP, for 4 years from Jan 2008 to Dec 2011.
I am planning to show income from March 2011 to December 2011. I get the required 40 points in this period itself.

3) Just to confirm one shows Gross earnings for the points calculation. Is this correct?

4) I am on a contract role with my own limited from Jan 2012. I did not pay myself any salary from Jan to Mar 2012 ( as I had already crossed 40% threshold in my prev job).
My question is what all documents do I need?

I plan to take along with the forms, photos etc
1) Life in the UK certificate for me and spouse
2) Bank statements from March 2011 to December 2011 showing salary credit
3) Payslips (e Payslips but printed on company letterhead and stamped and signed by HR (on each one))
4) Co Habitation proof (Bank statements, Counil Tax letters, Letter from UKBA on spouse name confirming HSMP renewal)
5) Bank statements showing some balance

Do I need any additional documentation? Do I need anything from my accountant etc confirming my current status of employment.
Do I need a letter or anything from my previous employer (I have P60s for 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 and P45 for end of employment covering Apr 2011 to Dec 2011).

Thank you in advance for the responses.

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Tue May 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Any comments anyone? Please Help.

Many thanks.

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Wed May 02, 2012 1:23 pm

Can any of the seniors please help me?

I have now confirmed that it is indeed Gross Pay.

Can I get answers on other documents and that I am eligible to apply please?

Thanks in advance.