ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa refused due to no financial links

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ellie2012
Newly Registered

Family visit visa refused due to no financial links

Post by ellie2012 » Tue May 01, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi All,

My father-in-law got a family visit visa refused as the Immigration officer believed that he did not have any financial links to his home country (Albania).

We are lodging an appeal and are currenty in the process of putting together an appear bundle. We will put in documents such as bank statements, title deeds for his house. Does anyone have any other suggestions for other documents that we could prove that he is a genuine visitor.

He applied for a one month visa but would probably only stay 2 or 3 weeks anyway.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

XJ2011
Newly Registered

Re: Family visit visa refused due to no financial links

Post by XJ2011 » Tue May 01, 2012 2:31 pm

ellie2012 wrote:Hi All,

My father-in-law got a family visit visa refused as the Immigration officer believed that he did not have any financial links to his home country (Albania).

We are lodging an appeal and are currenty in the process of putting together an appear bundle. We will put in documents such as bank statements, title deeds for his house. Does anyone have any other suggestions for other documents that we could prove that he is a genuine visitor.

He applied for a one month visa but would probably only stay 2 or 3 weeks anyway.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.
My mother in law will apply for family visit soon, can you let me know why the immigration officer needs this financial link? what can approve this? Property under her name? I will support her trip provide my bank statement, will not be enough? I would like to keep posted on this discussion.
GOod Luck on your appeal!

ellie2012
Newly Registered

Post by ellie2012 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:07 pm

My mother in law will apply for family visit soon, can you let me know why the immigration officer needs this financial link? what can approve this? Property under her name? I will support her trip provide my bank statement, will not be enough?

The immigration officer says that without the financial link they think they are coming here to work and will not be returning back to their country of origin. Hope that hopes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 03, 2012 1:09 am

vinny wrote:Similar to visitors to the USA, visitors to the UK should also show strong ties to their home country or country of residence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ellie2012
Newly Registered

Post by ellie2012 » Thu May 03, 2012 6:40 am

Vinny - do you have any suggestions for what doucments can be used to prove this?

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Thu May 03, 2012 3:35 pm

ellie2012 wrote:Vinny - do you have any suggestions for what doucments can be used to prove this?
Employment, property, family. If retired income of some kind and ability to support self in own country for a start.
pennyless