ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA permit under Surinder Singh

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jonathan1989
Newly Registered

EEA permit under Surinder Singh

Post by jonathan1989 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:34 pm

Hello

I ask here as I'm still a little unsure as what exactly must be shown and how to go about applying and have received great help here in the past.

I am a British citizen currently living and working in Germany, I have been here since the end of December and working since the 27.02.2012 and I have a contract which runs out on the 20.07.2012.

My wife a Pakistani citizen entered with me on a Schengen visa and intends to apply for a residency permit (our marriage certificate is currently being verified by the German authorities that may take 2 further months, then she may apply for the permit).

At some point I would like to return to the UK with her under the Surinder Singh ruling. My questions are as follows:

Must she have her residency permit for Germany in order to apply for a residency permit to enter England?
Is it possible to apply for a permit before my contract ends or would my length of work here have been to short?
Must I be in work here in Germany at the time of applying to move back to England with my wife?
What documents must be submitted and how and where would we go about applying?
Would the permit likely to be granted quickly?

All help greatly appreciated
Thanks

Jonathan :)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: EEA permit under Surinder Singh

Post by Jambo » Sat May 05, 2012 12:47 am

jonathan1989 wrote: Must she have her residency permit for Germany in order to apply for a residency permit to enter England?
No. But she will need to show you lived together and this can be easily proven if she holds a residence permit.
Is it possible to apply for a permit before my contract ends or would my length of work here have been to short?
There isn't a length you need to meet although the unwritten guidelines are 6 months. You can always try. The application is free.
Must I be in work here in Germany at the time of applying to move back to England with my wife?
No but you must show you have worked.
What documents must be submitted and how and where would we go about applying?
Read Can family members of British citizens qualify for an EEA family permit? ('Surinder Singh' cases) and the rest of the guidance on that page.
Would the permit likely to be granted quickly?
Yes. Decision on EEA Family Permit application in Germany normally take less than 15 working days.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 05, 2012 1:13 am

Please continue in previous thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.