ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP into Student visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sohail akhter

HSMP into Student visa

Post by sohail akhter » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:31 pm

Because of new changes, Can an HSMP visa holder change its HSMP status into Student status?

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:56 pm

I think so... but you would need to enroll at a university for full-time studies, and pay international student fees.

mcu

Post by mcu » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:09 am

Hi Sohail,
I think switching is not a problem but bloody entry clearance is a problem. You have to go back to your home country for new entry clearance. In other words this is not a switching. It is applying a new student viasa. I asked a lawer about switching wp dependent into international student(higher education-graduate or postgraduate), what he said was that there are very few chances that switching is possible here & if depedent go back to home country then apply, there will be no problem. The best thing is that ask any lawer. You do not need to goto lawer actually. There are some tv programs where some lawers answer questions on phone. These phone numbers are premium so they are paid by calling. Normally it cost £5-10. If you have access to tv and sky then every tuesday & wednesday at 8:00 UK time there is a program for 1 hour called Adalat.

It might little help

Regards