ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA received and states not allowed to work

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jot_Marine
Newly Registered

COA received and states not allowed to work

Post by Jot_Marine » Tue May 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi everyone, I am new here. I submitted my EEA2 application on 28/02/12 and received my COA on 26/03/12 dated 19/03/12. However my COA states am not allowed to work while my application is pending. I have not been working because of this and I am getting frustrated.
My lawyer recently wrote to HO that I should be issued with a letter allowing me to work pending the outcome of my application because am I legally allowed since I am married to an EU national. Do you guys think HO would issue a letter to this effect.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue May 01, 2012 8:12 pm

Assuming you are legally married to your spouse, and not "just" religiously married, you are allowed to work and the CoA should say that.
John

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue May 01, 2012 9:28 pm

If you submitted a marriage certificate, do not be afraid to complain.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed May 02, 2012 11:57 pm

You should contact UKBA and most strongly complain. You can also request compensation from UKBA for lost wages, as their mistake is keeping you from working. I would strongly recommend that you do that.