ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: LLOYDS TSB BANK STATEMENT PROBLEM

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kingbobby57

URGENT: LLOYDS TSB BANK STATEMENT PROBLEM

Post by kingbobby57 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:06 pm

Dear All,

Urgent help and suggestion required:
1. My statement cycle is from 16th to 17th of every month.
2. I have to show my APRIL 2012 salary for my previous earnings to become eligible.

My visa expiry date is 12th MAY 2012.

I visited bank to get the stamp on the statement, they told me they dont stamp any statements, I went to 3 branch today.

They(Bank) advised that I need to order the statements as they do not certify any copies.

I have to get the APRIL statement, else I wont qualify.
When I called Online Bank, they said it should be done by branch.

In this case, can you please suggest what is the basic this I need to get to get qualify/accepted for BANK statement.

1. Is it Online Bank Statement + Stamp + Certify OR
2. Online Bank statement + Stamp OR
3. Just transaction sheet from the BANK with STAMP + Certify (This does not have my NAME, but just the ACCOUNT NUMBER on the plain PAPER -- with STAMP + Certify)

Please suggest me what to do in this situation.

ajf773

Post by ajf773 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:12 pm

Read this thread. Having the same problems, this is with Barclays bank

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=101764

I cannot understand how unreasonable these banking staff are.

bond

Post by bond » Tue May 01, 2012 8:19 pm

HI,

In 2009 i to had same issues, they were not ready to give, but have showed them the tier 1 guide and that it needs to be printed on Lloyd letter head and sealed and stamped,

finally the gave me,

some branches provide and some don't,

i too have bank statement till April 20th to qualify i have to show my April pay deposit, i went to bank today and asked them to send my 10 days statement, they have ordered today, I told them if i don't get by Saturday i need the statement to be printed on lloyds letter head, and they agreed for that

Regards

dms_sbs

Re: URGENT: LLOYDS TSB BANK STATEMENT PROBLEM

Post by dms_sbs » Tue May 01, 2012 8:23 pm

kingbobby57 wrote:Dear All,

Urgent help and suggestion required:
1. My statement cycle is from 16th to 17th of every month.
2. I have to show my APRIL 2012 salary for my previous earnings to become eligible.

My visa expiry date is 12th MAY 2012.

I visited bank to get the stamp on the statement, they told me they dont stamp any statements, I went to 3 branch today.

They(Bank) advised that I need to order the statements as they do not certify any copies.

I have to get the APRIL statement, else I wont qualify.
When I called Online Bank, they said it should be done by branch.

In this case, can you please suggest what is the basic this I need to get to get qualify/accepted for BANK statement.

1. Is it Online Bank Statement + Stamp + Certify OR
2. Online Bank statement + Stamp OR
3. Just transaction sheet from the BANK with STAMP + Certify (This does not have my NAME, but just the ACCOUNT NUMBER on the plain PAPER -- with STAMP + Certify)

Please suggest me what to do in this situation.

Hi I was told by LLoyds TSB that they used to have problem in issuing this but now they have been told that they should not be strict for visas purpose. Ask them to give you in writing that they would not stamp the statement and show that to UKBA.

kingbobby57

Post by kingbobby57 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:46 pm

Dear All,
Thank you very much for all your views.
I required them soo many times, no different.
I asked one manager, initially she told she will give in writing that they wont give, later she came to me and said they will sign only on the first page but not on all the pages.

Hence, Please let me know what you guys are giving the Online Bank Statement + Stamp + certify...

What are all the requirements you guys are providing so that I can also plan for the same thing.

Awaiting for all your inputs.
Best regards

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi,

Make sure the statement meets the following criteria as per the guidance
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
• the applicant’s name;
• the account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the financial institution’s name and logo;

All statements must be on the bank’s stationery, unless the applicant is submitting electronic statements.
Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead/stationery are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points).
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above.
In addition, the applicant will need to provide either:
• a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements; or
• an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.

A statement with all the details above + a stamp will suffice. I have used statement + stamp without signature and have been successful.

If they can sign, then that's fine, but as per the guidance, it is not required.

Hope this answers your query.

Kind Regards

kingbobby57

Post by kingbobby57 » Wed May 02, 2012 10:06 am

Thank you for the feedback.
I will try out with other branch and will try to get online statement + stamp only atleast.

But in UKBA guidance, online statements they call the BANKS who only operates online.
I bank with LLOYDS TSB which is not only online operating bank.

So still online bank statement + stamp will be fine?
Would appreciate if anyone can add comments to my question.

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Wed May 02, 2012 11:32 am

I had similar problem. Try in the Lloyds branch in Central London (oxford Street). They did stamp the online bank statement for me. I have applied for my extension recently...

tot

Post by tot » Wed May 02, 2012 12:16 pm

kingbobby57 wrote:Thank you for the feedback.
I will try out with other branch and will try to get online statement + stamp only atleast.

But in UKBA guidance, online statements they call the BANKS who only operates online.
I bank with LLOYDS TSB which is not only online operating bank.

So still online bank statement + stamp will be fine?
Would appreciate if anyone can add comments to my question.
Even I would like some senior member to clarify this as apparently I am planning to print out a my recent statement online and get it stamped by a "willing "branch.

Thanks
tot

kingbobby57

Post by kingbobby57 » Wed May 02, 2012 1:02 pm

I tried atleast 10 branches today, none of the branches are ready to stamp.
Worried on how to get the stamp on my online statements now.

tot

Post by tot » Wed May 02, 2012 3:58 pm

kingbobby57 wrote:I tried atleast 10 branches today, none of the branches are ready to stamp.
from here : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Required evidence for those who have been in salaried employment
Both the following:
• Income tax returns covering the period claimed for;
• Wage slips covering the period claimed for.
Evidence for those who can produce only one of the above, or the tax return does not cover the full period claimed
Either or both the following covering periods claimed for:
• Bank statements covering the period claimed for;
• Letter from employer stating salary.
Evidence for those who cannot produce the evidence above
Both of the following:
• Bank statements covering the period claimed for;
• Letter from employer stating salary

I think if you provide your :
last payslip + Letter from employer stating salary...

Also mention in your cover letter that due to your last salary being close to your application date you are submitting the two evidence as the bank statement has not been posted as yet.

cheers,
tot

tot

Post by tot » Wed May 02, 2012 4:15 pm

kingbobby57 wrote:I tried atleast 10 branches today, none of the branches are ready to stamp.

On the other hand in addition to my above post..I'd also suggest to write complain here : http://www.lloydstsb.com/contact_us/com ... cedure.asp

and once you receive an acknowledgement number

take a printout of the same and attach it with your cover letter as enclosure. Mention that you had registered a complaint and have not heard yet. Dont forget to mention in complaint about "Llyods Branch refusing to verify and stamp Internet statements which clashes with UKBA requirement"

Therefore you should have :

last payslip + Letter from employer stating salary. + LlyodsComplaint acknowledgement printout.(which can be further verified by UKBA).

I think your case is 100% genuine and you will shall be granted extension.
[/i]
Last edited by tot on Wed May 02, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tot

Post by tot » Wed May 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Oh m sorry..Replace Barclays by Llyods.. did the correction..unfortunately you dont have Llyods online complaint method only via phone but still could have the acknowledge number.

kingbobby57

Post by kingbobby57 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:24 pm

Dear @tot,
Thank you very much for your feedback and appreciate your time for the same.

Just to update on this front, I managed to get the online statement Certified and Stamped just now after contacting 15 branch.

Just to check / confirm, Is it ok if we get from other branches as well as I did not get it from my registered branch.

Thank you again for all your feedback.

tot

Post by tot » Wed May 02, 2012 5:32 pm

kingbobby57 wrote:Dear tot,
Thank you very much for your feedback and appreciate your time for your the same.

Just to update on this front, I managed to go far off , 2 hrs drive and got the online statement Certified and Stamped just now.

Just to check / confirm, Is it ok if we get from other branches as well as I did not get it from my registered branch.

Thank you again for all your feedback.
I think as long as the bank itself stamps the statements, it should be fine.
Would you mind letting us all know which branch finally did stamp for you?

cheers

leony

Post by leony » Wed May 02, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi
So if i logon to my online banking account, print it off, go to branch stamp & sign it wil this be acceptable?

agash

Post by agash » Wed May 02, 2012 10:39 pm

hi guys be relax,

i had the problem with my bank... they refused to sign or stamp but they gave me a printed out in a4 sheet ( b&w)...not a letter header, i have applied with that statement and got my psw extension last week.. but it had all the requirement...

i dont suggest you to do that as what i did, i just share my experience for ur peace of mind.

kingbobby57

Post by kingbobby57 » Thu May 03, 2012 11:37 am

As @leony said:
Even I wanted to know,
If i logon to my online banking account, print it off, go to branch stamp & sign it wil this be acceptable?

If Branch prints on the white paper, it wont have account holders name and also Bank Logo on it. It will have just account number.

Hence, I took the online statement by logging in and got the stamp and true certify on each of the pages.

Appreciate if any of the members reply who applied in this way.