ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of residence EEA1 & EE2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kamransh
Mood:
United Kingdom

Proof of residence EEA1 & EE2

Post by kamransh » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi guys,
I'm just about to apply for EEA2. I'm married to a EU citizen (french) who is working in UK for last 3 years hence exercising treaty rights. We live in a shared house and don't have any bills on our names as its all paid by the landlord and added in our monthly rent.

What documents I can send as a proof of residence? will our bank statements work in this case?

thanks all

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:17 pm

For EEA2, I don't believe any proof of residence is required. You supply the postal address on the form and that is where your documents will be returned to.

kamransh
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by kamransh » Tue May 01, 2012 12:10 am

Thanks.. A bit confused because in section 11 document checklist of EEA1 and EEA2 form it asks for utility bills, tenancy agreement and bank statement.

My wife will also apply for Registration Certificate EEA1. Does she need to prove her residence?

Thanks in advance

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue May 01, 2012 9:18 pm

kamransh wrote:Thanks.. A bit confused because in section 11 document checklist of EEA1 and EEA2 form it asks for utility bills, tenancy agreement and bank statement.

My wife will also apply for Registration Certificate EEA1. Does she need to prove her residence?

Thanks in advance
Same answer, proof of address is not required for EEA1.

morsan
Newly Registered

Post by morsan » Wed May 02, 2012 10:35 am

Yet someone on here just mentioned they had been asked for further proof of residence for her EEA2 application. A clueless case worker?

Edited: I didn't notice this was in reference to EEA1, sorry. Is it different?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed May 02, 2012 11:31 am

morsan wrote:Yet someone on here just mentioned they had been asked for further proof of residence for her EEA2 application. A clueless case worker?

Edited: I didn't notice this was in reference to EEA1, sorry. Is it different?
If possible, it's better to link to the other post than just referring to it as someone here.

Are you referring to lolo82's post? This is because she applied as unmarried partner which requires proof of co-habitation for 2 years (prior to the application) to be considered in a "durable relationship".

The requirement for proof of residence appears in both EEA1 & EEA2 form but as EUsmileWEallsmile stated this is not legally required.

kamransh
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by kamransh » Wed May 02, 2012 3:02 pm

Thanks guys. just read a new post here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=101857 where a one of the reason for refusing EEA2 application was not providing a proof of residence for eea's partner (husband).

I know UKBA shouldn't ask for this information but these silly requirements just delays the process even more.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed May 02, 2012 3:28 pm

I would be surprised if they reject only because you didnt provide proof of residence. In that case, missing CSI was the issue I believe (which was a mistake by the HO but that's another story).

Bank statements would be fine if you wish to use that.

kamransh
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by kamransh » Thu May 03, 2012 11:16 am

thanks for your help