ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(m) Section 6 Question 10 Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tipper27
Newly Registered

Set(m) Section 6 Question 10 Help

Post by tipper27 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Help needed with another tricky question...

Give details of the british diplomatic post involved if the application was made abroad?

I made the spouse visa application at a "VFS Global" Application center in SEOUL in SOUTH KOREA and had my fingerprints taken there. They are a commercial company the works in partnership with the uk border agency, SO I dont think anyone there would hold a diplomatic post? - Any ideas how I should answer this question?

tipper27
Newly Registered

Post by tipper27 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:59 pm

http://www.vfs-uk-kr.com/

this is the company involved

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:12 pm

you just need to put the name of the embassy who made the decision - i.e. Seoul.

tipper27
Newly Registered

Post by tipper27 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:19 pm

Greenie wrote:you just need to put the name of the embassy who made the decision - i.e. Seoul.
Thank you very much Greenie :)

I made the apllication in Seoul, but it was then sent to Manila in the Philippines (My visa was issued there) So I'm guessing that is where the decision was made, "British Embassy in Manila"

Patagonian

Post by Patagonian » Tue May 01, 2012 9:06 am

tipper27 wrote:
Greenie wrote:I made the apllication in Seoul, but it was then sent to Manila in the Philippines (My visa was issued there) So I'm guessing that is where the decision was made, "British Embassy in Manila"
I would put the diplomatic post in the country where you applied ie Seoul. My partner applied in Buenos Aires but the application was sent to New York to be processed. He put Buenos Aires on the form for this question and there were no problems.

tipper27
Newly Registered

Post by tipper27 » Tue May 01, 2012 10:33 pm

Patagonian wrote:
tipper27 wrote:
Greenie wrote:I made the apllication in Seoul, but it was then sent to Manila in the Philippines (My visa was issued there) So I'm guessing that is where the decision was made, "British Embassy in Manila"
I would put the diplomatic post in the country where you applied ie Seoul. My partner applied in Buenos Aires but the application was sent to New York to be processed. He put Buenos Aires on the form for this question and there were no problems.
Thank you once again for your help Patagonian :).. I posted my application this morning before I read your reply - I listed Manila as the Diplomatic post involved (Fingers crossed this will be sufficient aswell) My reasoning behind this was, at no time was any diplomatic position in Seoul involved in my application... The centre where I took my application and where I had by biometric photos and fingerprints taken was a commerical partner of the uk border agency and not an Embassy as such.