ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 months job relocation before ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ben1972
Newly Registered

10 months job relocation before ILR

Post by ben1972 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Hi all,
I am currently living in the UK under the tier 1 visa while I left with 10 more months to apply for the ILR. At the moment I am jobless but I received a job offer that involve relocation to another country.

I truly don’t want to risk my opportunity to apply for the ILR so I was wondering if there is any way to work from abroad on behalf of a UK based company while maintaining the right to apply in 10 months from now.

My salary and taxes will be of course paid in the UK but I will be away for the entire duration which is more than allowed.

Can anyone advise about my options and whether I will lose the right to apply for the ILR?

Many thanks,
Ben

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: 10 months job relocation before ILR

Post by Lucapooka » Wed May 02, 2012 12:55 am

ben1972 wrote:Can anyone advise about my options and whether I will lose the right to apply for the ILR?
Yes, you will lose it. But that will also apply if you stay in the UK and don't garner sufficient income.