ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - Need some advice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

spooklightCW
Newly Registered

British Citizenship - Need some advice

Post by spooklightCW » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:53 am

Hiya,

I am married to a british citizen, been here in the UK for almost 3 years now with ILR ofcourse. I will apply for my british citizenship before end of December. How long will it take? Just wondering, what would be the reason for the Home Office on not giving the citizenship to me?

I am working as a Software Developer and going to change my job if I will find any replacement. I.T. jobs still tough at the moment.
Is there any effect for me being jobless when I apply for my citizenship?

My husband and I have our own house, my husband has their own Engineering business. My husband can support me in any way.

Another thing is my husband and I has been falsely accused of hurting our own baby deliberately but the CPS dropped the charges and close the case permanently, is this going to be a burden for my british citizenship???

Thanks very much,
catwoman24_1400

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:05 pm

Cat,

Really sorry about this - just been following your postings on the Canada forum...

Given the complexitioes surrounding your situation (With both the Canada Immigration issue and British Naturalisation) - I recommend that you use a competent OISC registered immigration solicitor/lawyer.

Good Luck with the future
Where there is a will there is a way.