ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa to France - Marriage Certificate attestation

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmakkar
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa to France - Marriage Certificate attestation

Post by hsmakkar » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi,

I am on a Tier-1 visa in the UK, and my wife is here as a dependant and is currently unemployed. We plan to make a trip to France next month, and one of the requirements for the marriage certificate is for it to be attested by the High Commission of India in the UK. The HCI website, however, states that they can only stamp it if it is already stamped by the MEA.

I have the original marriage certificate stamped and signed by the Marriage Officer in Mumbai. Will this not work?

SRAQAI

Re: Schengen Visa to France - Marriage Certificate attestati

Post by SRAQAI » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:25 am

hsmakkar wrote:Hi,

I am on a Tier-1 visa in the UK, and my wife is here as a dependant and is currently unemployed. We plan to make a trip to France next month, and one of the requirements for the marriage certificate is for it to be attested by the High Commission of India in the UK. The HCI website, however, states that they can only stamp it if it is already stamped by the MEA.

I have the original marriage certificate stamped and signed by the Marriage Officer in Mumbai. Will this not work?
Sorry, mind my ignorance, what is the MEA? My husband in Pakistan, when he applied for the schengan visa for france, had to get attestation by the foreign ministry and the local registrar in the town where we got married - is this what you mean by the MEA? Was your marriage not registered in India? If so, it should have a stamp to show that. Usually, without this, governments' foreign ministry do not attest the document.

Also, i strongly recommend you get your marriage certificate translated into french by alliance de francaise. Trust me, the french wud use any tactic to delay your visa application - they did that to my husband, not to mention their cruel attitude and rudness! Good luck!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:44 am

hsmakkar,

What kind of French visa are you and your wife applying for?

rknshree26
Newly Registered

france schengen visa

Post by rknshree26 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:14 pm

Hi, I am in same siatuation

I have the original marriage certificate stamped and signed by the Marriage Officer in Pune, India

. Will this not work?

Gurus please help !

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:17 pm

The only people who know what the French embassy will want are the French embassy.

Vacationing in the UK means you don't have to fight all this crap...

sidshekhar

French Visa Marriage certificate

Post by sidshekhar » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:55 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:The only people who know what the French embassy will want are the French embassy.

Vacationing in the UK means you don't have to fight all this crap...
Has any Indian national managed to get marriage certificate(my wife is unemployed) attested as part of French Visa application process to get get Schengen Visa. Seniors, please provide any guidance on how to get marriage cert as per French Visa application requirement.

Sid

sidshekhar

Re: French Visa Marriage certificate

Post by sidshekhar » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:43 pm

I just wanted to update this forum for future users. Me and wife got a Schengen Visa for 6 months from French consulate. I submitted the marriage certificate that was issued in India by the registrar of marriage, Patna. I had enquired earlier with TLS contact that marriage certificate in english with stamp or other signatures stating that it was issued by marriage registrar was acceptable. I did not have to get it stamped or verified by the Indian embasssy in London.

Siddhartha

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:57 pm

sidshekhar wrote:I just wanted to update this forum for future users. Me and wife got a Schengen Visa for 6 months from French consulate. I submitted the marriage certificate that was issued in India by the registrar of marriage, Patna. I had enquired earlier with TLS contact that marriage certificate in english with stamp or other signatures stating that it was issued by marriage registrar was acceptable. I did not have to get it stamped or verified by the Indian embasssy in London.
So you just submitted the original Indian issued marriage certificate and it was fine. No translations, no certifications. Good!

sidshekhar

Post by sidshekhar » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:00 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
sidshekhar wrote:I just wanted to update this forum for future users. Me and wife got a Schengen Visa for 6 months from French consulate. I submitted the marriage certificate that was issued in India by the registrar of marriage, Patna. I had enquired earlier with TLS contact that marriage certificate in english with stamp or other signatures stating that it was issued by marriage registrar was acceptable. I did not have to get it stamped or verified by the Indian embasssy in London.
So you just submitted the original Indian issued marriage certificate and it was fine. No translations, no certifications. Good!
Yes, I just took original and photocopy of the marriage certificate. They looked at the original & returned and retained the photo copy. No translations, no certification required.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Perfect!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:41 pm

Siddhartha
Great stuff, well done. Just a quick question though. You didn't need to get the marriage certificate translated as it was already in English (and maybe also in Hindi or other as well)?

sidshekhar

Post by sidshekhar » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:16 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:

Siddhartha
Great stuff, well done. Just a quick question though. You didn't need to get the marriage certificate translated as it was already in English (and maybe also in Hindi or other as well)?
My marriage certificate was only in English(so no translation required). It was not Bi Lingual as some other states in India issue.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:42 pm

sidshekhar wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:

Siddhartha
My marriage certificate was only in English(so no translation required). It was not Bi Lingual as some other states in India issue.
It helps matters when the marriage certificate is in a language the visa people can understand. Thanks for posting back.

jaseerabubakar
Newly Registered

Post by jaseerabubakar » Wed May 02, 2012 5:34 pm

sidshekhar wrote:
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
Yes, I just took original and photocopy of the marriage certificate. They looked at the original & returned and retained the photo copy. No translations, no certification required.
Hi Sid,
Did you apply through tls or directly at the embassy ?

Thanks, Jaseer