ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @ Solihull PEO 30th Apr 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jack_seth

ILR Success @ Solihull PEO 30th Apr 2012

Post by jack_seth » Tue May 01, 2012 12:58 am

Hi All,

My ILR application was approved in Solihull PEO; thanks a lot for all threads and invaluable advice.

My appointment was at 10:40AM. I have reached there at 9 AM. But I was not allowed to get in before 10 AM.
The case worker was nice lady and very polite.

She asked my passports and application first then she took some time on her computer to check some data based on my passport.
My case was WP +Tier1.

She asked the following docs for my case.

1. WP document.
2. Last Year P60
3. Last year council Tax (jointname) + this year bank statment (joint account). These were asked as proof for co-habition.
3 Payslips + Bank statment for calculating points. I have submitted these for the period from Mar-11 to Feb-12. I have not given any payslip
or bank statment for March'12

4. Life inthe UK test results.

While she was checking these docs, she asked me to pay the feed at cashier counter.

Finally i asked her whether she wants photocopies of the above docs. She was very happy and accepted the photocopies and informed me to collect the docs and approval letter after 2 hours.

I was very happy and gone out for celebration...

One more important thing, I have booked this appointment for 3 persons(incl. my child). But I have decided to apply MN1 form for my child who born here. I have not changed the appointment from 3 persons to 2 persons. It is not an issue with Solihull PEO.

The total interview time was around 15 mins.

Now I am in the process of doing my child’s MN1.
Please ask me if you have any questions.
All the Best.

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue May 01, 2012 6:16 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR. Thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for the future.

timesofindia

Post by timesofindia » Tue May 01, 2012 6:37 am

Congratulations.. all the best..
There is only one permanent thing in life and that is change !!!

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Tue May 01, 2012 7:47 am

Congrats Jack, really happy for you...so afterall the statements for points period were enough....great stufff

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Success @ Solihull PEO 30th Apr 2012

Post by ITGraduate » Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 am

jack_seth wrote:Hi All,

My ILR application was approved in Solihull PEO; thanks a lot for all threads and invaluable advice.

My appointment was at 10:40AM. I have reached there at 9 AM. But I was not allowed to get in before 10 AM.

She asked my passports and application first then she took some time on her computer to check some data based on my passport.
My case was WP +Tier1.

How Many Days were you out of UK? Also did they have any IT issues?

Thanks

1. WP document.
2. Last Year P60
3. Last year council Tax (jointname) + this year bank statment (joint account). These were asked as proof for co-habition.
3 Payslips + Bank statment for calculating points. I have submitted these for the period from Mar-11 to Feb-12. I have not given any payslip

While she was checking these docs, she asked me to pay the feed at cashier counter.

Finally i asked her whether she wants photocopies of the above docs. She was very happy and accepted the photocopies and informed me to collect the docs and approval letter after 2 hours.

One more important thing, I have booked this appointment for 3 persons(incl. my child). But I have decided to apply MN1 form for my child who born here. I have not changed the appointment from 3 persons to 2 persons. It is not an issue with Solihull PEO.

All the Best.

gm21

Post by gm21 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:05 am

Congrats @ ITGraduate.

When you say interview took 15 mins, do you mean she kept asking you questions or you were just sitting infront of her and she was asking for documents.

jack_seth

Post by jack_seth » Tue May 01, 2012 11:23 am

She was collecting and verifying the passport and other documents. She didn't ask any questions during interview.
gm21 wrote:Congrats @ ITGraduate.

When you say interview took 15 mins, do you mean she kept asking you questions or you were just sitting infront of her and she was asking for documents.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Tue May 01, 2012 11:28 am

gm21 wrote:Congrats @ ITGraduate.

I am sorry, it was not me it was JACK_SETH who has gone for ILR.

I was only asking him a question and my mistake my post looked like his

Sorry for the confusion

Thanks,

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue May 01, 2012 12:53 pm

Congrats jack_seth. What documents are you providing with your child’s MN1 application ?

I also got ILR last week and applying for MN1 for my two children in Mid May.

jack_seth

Post by jack_seth » Tue May 01, 2012 2:40 pm

Thanks Linkers,
I have already booked NCS appointment on this friday and next thursday. I will be using one of these appointments based on my BRP card arrival.
I am planning to attach marriage certificate, full birth certificate, my passport and child passport.

Currently I am chasing for professional referee signature from Head Teacher. But he is refusing to sign my application form, since he doesnt want do disclose his passport number. I have complaint this to my local MP and MP has sent a letter to Head Teacher and myself. Today only i have received this letter and Head teacher is not available today.

Please try to get a professional referee for your kids application immediately. I have started this process a month ago and still am struggling.

I will let you know in detail once i have done NCS appointment.
linkers wrote:Congrats jack_seth. What documents are you providing with your child’s MN1 application ?

I also got ILR last week and applying for MN1 for my two children in Mid May.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue May 01, 2012 2:56 pm

Thanks jack_seth. I thought Marriage certificate is only required if child was born before 2006.

Any way I have got my marriage certificate which I will take with me to NCS appointment on 15th May.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Tue May 01, 2012 3:25 pm

My case was WP +Tier1.

1. WP document.
2. Last Year P60

All the Best.

Hi ,

Congrad! mate for ILR approval ... do your child have any sort of visa before in UK or you are applying directly for his Passport and you have skipped the ILR application part ? .

Thanks
Thanks

Ali

jack_seth

Post by jack_seth » Tue May 01, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi Ali,

My child was holding Tier1 dependent visa on Indian passport. He is entitled to apply for British citizenship since he born in UK. So i have skipped ILR application for him and am applying MN1 application for him.
aliq09 wrote:

My case was WP +Tier1.

1. WP document.
2. Last Year P60

All the Best.

Hi ,

Congrad! mate for ILR approval ... do your child have any sort of visa before in UK or you are applying directly for his Passport and you have skipped the ILR application part ? .

Thanks

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Tue May 01, 2012 4:46 pm

a quick one jack
Have you completed 5 years or did you apply within the 28days rule...there are a couple of threads claiming one can only apply via peo after 5years and the 28days rule only apply for postal applications.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue May 01, 2012 5:03 pm

legalalien: 28 days rule applies on both postal and PEO applications. Every applicant I am seeing these days is taking advantage of this rule.

I myself got ILR last week based on this rule.

As long as you entered the UK within 90 days of getting Entry Clearance, you are eligible to apply for ILR 28 days before the 5th anniversary of your EC.

jack_seth

Post by jack_seth » Tue May 01, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi Legagalien,

I have applied ILR 28 days before 5 years completion.
legalalien wrote:a quick one jack
Have you completed 5 years or did you apply within the 28days rule...there are a couple of threads claiming one can only apply via peo after 5years and the 28days rule only apply for postal applications.

dms_sbs

Post by dms_sbs » Tue May 01, 2012 7:20 pm

[quote="jack_seth"]Hi Legagalien,

One more question if you applied ILR 28 days before completion when was your visa was expiring?

dms_sbs

Post by dms_sbs » Tue May 01, 2012 7:21 pm

[quote="jack_seth"]Hi Legagalien,

One more question if you applied ILR 28 days before completion when was your WP visa was expiring?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue May 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Congrat's Jack. So you didn't need the bank statements for maintenance mentioned in the form after all... great news & congrat's again!

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Tue May 01, 2012 7:50 pm

Nice one...thanks

jack_seth

Post by jack_seth » Tue May 01, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi dms_sbs,

I was having WP+ Tier1. Last Tier1 will be expired on Nov 2012.
dms_sbs wrote:
jack_seth wrote:Hi Legagalien,

One more question if you applied ILR 28 days before completion when was your WP visa was expiring?

panda143
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by panda143 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:46 pm

My case was WP +Tier1.

1. WP document.
2. Last Year P60

All the Best.

If you had BRP card earlier, do they keep old BRP card?

Please infom

many thanks

Monasheikh
Newly Registered

MN1

Post by Monasheikh » Wed May 02, 2012 5:58 pm

Dear Jack_Seth,

Congratulationss for ur ILR.

If u can plz explain how soon you plan to apply for MN1 for ur child?

Do u have to wait for BPR card to arrive or can you send ur approval letter?

Are you going to apply using settlement checking services or send originals for ur child?

Thank you for sharing ur experience.

jack_seth

Post by jack_seth » Wed May 02, 2012 10:58 pm

Hi Panda,

Yes. CW has collected my Tier1 BRP card and informed me that i will get new ILR BRP card within a week.

panda143 wrote:

My case was WP +Tier1.

1. WP document.
2. Last Year P60

All the Best.

If you had BRP card earlier, do they keep old BRP card?

Please infom

many thanks

jack_seth

Re: MN1

Post by jack_seth » Wed May 02, 2012 11:00 pm

Hi Mona,
I have already booked NCS appointment a month ago. I will be attending NCS on this friday or next thursday(booked 2 appointments) based on BRP card arrival.

You can book NCS appointment before getting your ILR.
Monasheikh wrote:Dear Jack_Seth,

Congratulationss for ur ILR.

If u can plz explain how soon you plan to apply for MN1 for ur child?

Do u have to wait for BPR card to arrive or can you send ur approval letter?

Are you going to apply using settlement checking services or send originals for ur child?

Thank you for sharing ur experience.